Stripers?

45collector

NES Member
Anyone catching stripers around Cape Cod? I haven't wet a line lately, too damn busy. I hope I haven't missed the Fall run. I plan on getting good and salty this weekend.

Anyone catching stripers around Cape Cod? I haven't wet a line lately, too damn busy. I hope I haven't missed the Fall run. I plan on getting good and salty this weekend.
Last Sunday I caught a schoolie at an UDL on the Canal. I was using Storm Shad. I didn't seen anyone else anything. It was during the afternoon near low tide.

A couple weekends before that, I went to South Cape Beach and fished at the outlet of Waquoit Bay. No one from shore was catching anything. Some guys in a boat were trolling a tube and worm rig in Waquoit Bay and were catching a few little schoolies.

There are many hotspots up and down the canal. I just don't like dealing with the currents there! I usually go to Barnstable harbor, and sometimes around the southcape area.

This weekend I'll try both. I'll post if I catch anything good.

I'm so disappointed. I clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be about nekkid wimmed dancing around a pole [angry]

You use a different kind of bait for them.

ncm_usbn_pg.jpg

if you use bait in the canal it will cost you money, the best bet is topwater plugs on a morning tide. during the fall run you eather hit em hard or catch nothing

I did get down there for the end of the low tide this afternoon, and saw some nice fish taken at both ends of the Canal. A burst of activity before the low slack on the east end near Seafood Sam's.

Back
Top Bottom