• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sturbridge Gun Show

I went last year it was cramped. I enjoyed it but not a lot of variety. Seventy miles? Not for me.

It's about twenty five minutes for me and I would go again but I'm working on the 9th so I'll probably skip it. The pick of the liter should be gone by Sunday.

I like to negotiate and that may be better the second day but I really don't have a specific want.

Most gun shows aren't worth it. I go to see the market and the change in it.

If you are looking for a specific part, grip etc for something old or out of production you may find it.

I go to look around, if I see a deal I may try to snag it.

I have bought one gun at a gun show in thirty years. I have bought a barrel, grips, bullets, primers and accessories more often.

Most things new you can do better online. For new guns use Davidson's Gallery of Guns it will give you the best prices for dealers that use them, if you can find a better price you know you've done good.

Anybody see any preban AR mags there?
I went the year before last, but it was around 11 am.
I'm guessing all the good stuff walked out by then.

Do the safe companies - ESS, Mancini - go to these shows, and do they offer any real deals?

It was real cold waiting outside.
Yeah, it was a hard show to like. The hotel parking lot wasn't nearly big enough and the line to get in was the longest, coldest and slowest moving I'd ever experienced anywhere. Inside, it was a crazy set-up... insanely overcrowded with piss-poor lighting and a confusing maze-like layout using many small rooms, hallways and one larger-sized room. Aisles were extremely narrow. Two could barely pass each other. Be prepared for some very intimate contact with your fellow attendees.

I usually hit all the Eastern MA shows and I'll occasionally hit West Springfield if I am in really desperate need of something. Sturbridge again? I'm not so sure. But if I do go, I'll dress extra warm and bring a sandwich and a good book to read while I stand in line. [thinking]

I was told that the hotel and show manager have plans to remedy the turtle-slow line and wild overcrowding of last year. Hope it works. [laugh]

The BPD guns guy will be there with his great display!

I, mean he, has added 3 new guns, 2 sequentially numbered BPD Colt Woodsman Match Target's and a BPD Colt Bankers Special. in the last couple weeks. Besides 2 .22 Military trainers for his own collection.

The BPD guns guy will be there with his great display! I, mean he, has added 3 new guns, 2 sequentially numbered BPD Colt Woodsman Match Target's and a BPD Colt Bankers Special. in the last couple weeks. Besides 2 .22 Military trainers for his own collection.

Always a pleasure to talk with BPD Guy. I hope German Guy is there too, always love his displays no matter how many times I've seen them especially the Reichs Revolvers and Volksturm Rifles and of course the highlight of any show: The Jerky Dude. His Hoggenberry Sticks and Chorizo Sticks are my personal faves then after the show the Bar B Q place down the street [wink]

BT's Smokehouse, a very good BBQ joint!

pix697786268_zpsa49l08ts.jpg

Always a pleasure to talk with BPD Guy. I hope German Guy is there too, always love his displays no matter how many times I've seen them especially the Reichs Revolvers and Volksturm Rifles and of course the highlight of any show: The Jerky Dude. His Hoggenberry Sticks and Chorizo Sticks are my personal faves then after the show the Bar B Q place down the street [wink]

Do you mean Clyde's? [I assume this thread has taken a left turn and we are now talking about Foxboro, right?]

Used to go there frequently, haven't been in years but it was indeed very good and LOTS of hot sauces to try out.

The BPD guns guy will be there with his great display!

I, mean he, has added 3 new guns, 2 sequentially numbered BPD Colt Woodsman Match Target's and a BPD Colt Bankers Special. in the last couple weeks. Besides 2 .22 Military trainers for his own collection.

I met him at last years Sturbridge show. He was kind of a weirdo and definitely off his rocker... I liked him. [wink]

I met him at last years Sturbridge show. He was kind of a weirdo and definitely off his rocker... I liked him. [wink]

[rofl] [rofl2]

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mean Clyde's? [I assume this thread has taken a left turn and we are now talking about Foxboro, right?]

Used to go there frequently, haven't been in years but it was indeed very good and LOTS of hot sauces to try out.

They haven't had a show in Foxboro for about 10 years.

Clyde's is good but at Sturbridge about a 1/2 mile down the road is BT's Smokehouse on the right hand side. small but good BBQ

Biggest problem with the Sturbridge show is tough parking

Anybody see any preban AR mags there?
I went the year before last, but it was around 11 am.
I'm guessing all the good stuff walked out by then.

I think they guy that rebuilds the AR mags will be there. That's really the only reason Im going and its 10 mins from my house.

Jason.

Not much in the way of deals last time I was there. They did have a lot of preban ar mags. The show in Marlboro is better imho. And it's in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My parents house is right on the lake the Host is on and a 2 minute walk for me so guess I can kill two birds with one stone. See a gun show and visit the parents. Going to be a little warmer this year by the sounds of it. Wet for anyone waiting outside on Sunday though.

Small. Not many firearms vendors unless you are looking for older stuff. Busy but not a lot of buyers according to one of the bigger gun dealers.

might not be the worst place to find a deal then. even tho I usually go to a few shows a year and have about a 95% average of walking away with nothing more than some jerky and a headache.

Back
Top Bottom