Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Suitability is effectively an ex-ante red flag law. It is questionable how these laws are going to survive in the Bruen era, whether ex-post, or, ex-ante in nature. Even the descriptor Good Moral Character is troublesome, as it requires discretion. When states like NY start requesting you provide all your social media accounts, under the pains and penalty of perjury, in order to determine "good moral character", however defined, it's clear that this artificial barrier concocted by anti-2A legislatures to deny law abiding citizens their right to carry in public is on its last legs.

I agree with @Knuckle Dragger in his view they be very hesitant to use any “good character” issue as a disqualification. And where SCOTUS only takes up 80 or so cases a year, it would be up to state courts and the Massachusetts federal district court and 1st circuit to strike it down. Those courts do not see that constitution as Thomas does.

As bad as 2A issues are in Massachusetts, they’re FAR worse in CA, HI, NJ, NY, MD. Hawaii has issued 4 (not a typo) carry licenses in the past 22 years. That’s 4:in a state with a population of 1.4 mil. Massachusetts has 500,000 with a population of 6.8 mil. I think NJ has 40,000, etc. those state were denying law abiding people with fine character en masse and thats what got SCOTUS to take the case.

Just like the US won’t go to war if some country kills or kidnaps one American, SCOTUS is unlikely to take cases where it’s not an issue affecting many people.

I think one or both of the assault weapon bans in CA and MD will be found unconstitutional by the circuit courts and I believe both magazine limit laws CA and NJ will be found unconstitutional at the circuit level. Then there’s a circuit split since the 7th, 1st and 2nd have upheld similar laws. And with how insane NY went with their recent gun control bill and the huge list of sensitive places, those cases are next up for SCOTUS if the circuits don’t rule correctly.

If courts apply the new historical standard to 2A cases, eliminating the balancing test, then even the most commie of judges will be hard pressed to rule in favor of suitability, given no such requirement was ever mandated historically. Unless there are widespread examples to the contrary, the law would have no basis to exist currently. I don't doubt that just such a case will weave its way through the MA courts at some point. You give these towns too much credit, as many will continue to act the fool. And when they shutdown the poor sap with a violent felony CWOF from 1998, suitability as part of the licensing scheme will be toast, either through the proper application of 2A law under Bruen at the state level, or, by elevating the case up the chain. Either way, we win, it may just take a bit of time.

If you're watching CNN, you should be ashamed of yourself. Do you realize that adding just one viewer often doubles the viewership of a CNN show?

Is it too much to ask for you fags to pound sand:

In the wake of the shooting on July 4th at Highland Park, and the fact that the shooter had multiple disturbing posts on social media prior to the attack, a CNN host suggested Tuesday that gun shops should check customers’ personal pages before agreeing to sell them firearms.

People probably emailed the Boston police asking for their restrictions to be lifted and they got a replying saying they were. The guy on here dealing with Medford emailed I believe in addition to calling.
That is exactly what happened. I know two people that have emailed the Boston police and got in that exact same reply

The best, and I mean the absolute best, was Election Night 2016, Chris Matthews on MSNBC.

This was late, maybe around midnight and Matthews was talking to their election analyst. The analyst had map of the US on screen showing which states had been decided. He said to Matthews that it looked like Trump was going to win and that "There's a very narrow path for Hillary Clinton to win the Presidency."

Matthews, "Jesus Christ." On national cable news.

Of course, that priceless minute is NOT on Youtube.

It’s so funny at times though. This November I’ll be watching cnn on election night.

I get great joy from their pain. 🤣

If you're watching CNN, you should be ashamed of yourself. Do you realize that adding just one viewer often doubles the viewership of a CNN show?

No, you and everyone else here should be watching CNN--or in my case, scanning the headlines daily--in order to see what the opposition messaging and narrative is for a particular subject.

If you want to know what the deep state/establishment has planned, then you NEED to keep up with what is being said in the 4th estate.

CNN = State Department
Washington Post = CIA/NSA
NY Times = FBI
Fox = Establishment Neocons
CNBC = Federal Reserve

Utilize the above as a student of the media/propaganda game and sprinkle in a heavy dosage of 5th estate investigative journalists and you will have solid SITREP and a means of anticipating events.

Last edited:
Because the other innocent person you might accidentally, or on purpose, spray or tase is far more important than you. If you want to protect yourself, you must have done something to cause it, so you basically deserve it. Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the need to protect yourself.

That guy talks, he always seems like he's struggling for breath.
I think it was because MA does not have DSAL. (Defensive Spray Action League)

Is it too much to ask for you fags to pound sand:

In the wake of the shooting on July 4th at Highland Park, and the fact that the shooter had multiple disturbing posts on social media prior to the attack, a CNN host suggested Tuesday that gun shops should check customers’ personal pages before agreeing to sell them firearms.

If I showed a gun shop my posts on NES I get I could get a gun for free or a heavy discount. I don't know I like the idea [rofl] 💸

The best, and I mean the absolute best, was Election Night 2016, Chris Matthews on MSNBC.

This was late, maybe around midnight and Matthews was talking to their election analyst. The analyst had map of the US on screen showing which states had been decided. He said to Matthews that it looked like Trump was going to win and that "There's a very narrow path for Hillary Clinton to win the Presidency."

Matthews, "Jesus Christ." On national cable news.

Of course, that priceless minute is NOT on Youtube.

I forget when but he had on someone and they joked with him and the tingle going up his leg and he got pissed! The compilations on election night 2016 were hilarious. Martha radetz on abc was almost in tears, his voice was breaking. Van jones on cnn, this was a white lash blah blah.

I hope DeSantis is the nominee in 24, they understand he’s much smarter than trump and can’t be distracted like trump. They fear him much more and he’ll win with a good margin too so he’ll have a mandate.

Hey this lawyer is saying today that Scotus overturned Worman vs Healey the MA AWB and sent it back to the 1st circuit? Is this true or am I dreaming? Apparently SCOTUS kicked the gun grabbers firmly in their collective nut sacks. Am I reading this correctly??

Why is this so hard to understand?

Amendment II​

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It's right there plain as can be.
You see, they’re not infringing, because they support the second amendment, but….

/s

Hey this lawyer is saying today that Scotus overturned Worman vs Healey the MA AWB and sent it back to the 1st circuit? Is this true or am I dreaming? Apparently SCOTUS kicked the gun grabbers firmly in their collective nut sacks. Am I reading this correctly??

Pretty sure he’s just saying Worman Vs Healey can be rechallenged.

The only ones that were granted, vacated, and remanded are the 4 mentioned in this thread. Which included the CA AWB and two mag cap limits. None in the 1st circuit. We still need an organization to refile a challenge to the MA AWB and mag limit.

The only ones that were granted, vacated, and remanded are the 4 mentioned in this thread. Which included the CA AWB and two mag cap limits. None in the 1st circuit. We still need an organization to refile a challenge to the MA AWB and mag limit.

So this means there is hope we can finally get this insanity tossed out. If the AWB goes down I am definitely investing in a nice AR, maybe an AK, maybe both to celebrate.

You keep pushing for restrictions on guns as a solution to the problem of politicians knowingly releasing evil into the public and then telling those they put in harms way that they must endure it disarmed.
Answer this - is it right to release a predator among its prey knowing they will will commit horrible acts upon the innocent?
Do the politicians share in the guilt?
When a vicious dog bites it may be put down but the owner is held responsible.
Why are those that put evil on the street not held responsible?
When did i say anything of the kind ?
Reading is fundamental .
I said because politicians keep letting subhuman animals back out on the streets that are dangerous , don't be in a big hurry to put a gun in their hand because they are anything but rehabilitated .
Somehow that morphed into me supporting more gun restrictions on normal people ?
Dude.

Just him musing re: intermediate scrutiny.

Whatever gun rights org takes it up is going to get a hell of check from me. Hell I'll take out a second mortgage just to see Bojack Horseman do a face plant in the dirt.

Whatever gun rights org takes it up is going to get a hell of check from me. Hell I'll take out a second mortgage just to see Bojack Horseman do a face plant in the dirt.
I won't go that far, but hopefully everyone on here would be willing to put some of their money where their mouths are.

I won't go that far, but hopefully everyone on here would be willing to put some of their money where their mouths are.

Yeah but who wouldn't want to see a youtube video of Healey sitting in the grass outside the court, tears rolling down her face, pulling up the grass and shouting "why, why why?". At least let me live in my own private Idaho while imagining some future Schadenfreude.

The answer is he shouldn't get out if he is still a danger to society. Gun control is useless for criminals. They will get one if they want it. Gun control only stops the law abiding from getting a gun.
There again the dream of how it should be vs cold hard reality.

There are people in this country that shouldn't have to make the choice between paying the mortgage and heating the house this winter .
There are , that's reality.

We shouldn't have to have other countries shipping in baby formula to feed our babies like we were some third world shit hole.
There is , that's reality .

And some motherf*cker that will kill you for the sneakers you're your wearing walked out the prison gates a free man while I was typing this.
That's reality.

Nice closing:

Governor, Massachusetts is world renowned as the birthplace of liberty. You now have a rare and historic opportunity to actually restore lost liberty. The decisions you make today will be reflected in your Gubernatorial legacy. Your simple choices are to either restore our civil rights or continue your efforts to stifle civil rights and personal liberties. Governors throughout the history of the United States who have chosen the latter are held in very low regard.

Back
Top Bottom