Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

However… “…the AG's office concludes that the existing statutory requirement "that a public-carry license applicant provide proof of 'good moral character' remains constitutional,"

Ok, fine, a clear NCIC check.......right? Where's that Star Wars Aniken meme when I need it?

Without some way of the supreme court enforcing this ruling, what do we really expect to change? If the court ruled that we do not need a proper cause to apply for a LTC then why is it that in Massachusetts they are still going to be allowed to ask us what the reason is for applying for the LTC? I'm sure that over time the laws that govern suitability will expand, this of course will make it more difficult to get a LTC.
Like I said earlier they can ask anything they want - they can no longer demand.
However you can still be found unsuitable if you are an idiot with what you put in the letter. Keep it simple and direct

There again the dream of how it should be vs cold hard reality.

There are people in this country that shouldn't have to make the choice between paying the mortgage and heating the house this winter .
There are , that's reality.

We shouldn't have to have other countries shipping in baby formula to feed our babies like we were some third world shit hole.
There is , that's reality .

And some motherf*cker that will kill you for the sneakers you're your wearing walked out the prison gates a free man while I was typing this.
That's reality.
The dream is that gun control accomplishes anything.

Hey this lawyer is saying today that Scotus overturned Worman vs Healey the MA AWB and sent it back to the 1st circuit? Is this true or am I dreaming? Apparently SCOTUS kicked the gun grabbers firmly in their collective nut sacks. Am I reading this correctly??

Worman like almost every other gun control law was decided using intermediate scrutiny since heller. NYSRPA said intermediate scrutiny is not the correct standard, it’s the much higher bar text and history. Worman is a dead case but another can be filed because the standard used I has changed.

I just want to point something out that’s amazing.

For years now, we’ve said on this forum that winning cases is great, but what we really need is for SCOTUS to declare the 2A deserves strict scrutiny instead of intermediate.

Sure, NYSPRA got may issue to be unconstitutional, but we got even even better than strict scrutiny! Text and history, baby.

I just can’t get over how great this is. Shall issue across the land and strict+ scrutiny for future cases.

Last edited:

For years now, we’ve said on this forum that winning cases is great, but what we really need is for SCOTUS to declare the 2A deserves strict scrutiny instead of intermediate.

Sure, NYSPRA got may issue to be unconstitutional, but we got even even better than strict scrutiny! History and tradition, baby.

I just can’t get over how great this is. Shall issue across the land and strict+ scrutiny for future cases.

The text and history standard and rejecting intermediate scrutiny are much more important than the decision in NYSRPA. The text and history standard undercuts almost every gun control law. It was a big big deal.

Remember how Paul Clement and Erin Murphy were fired from their NYC law firm after winning Bruen?

No need to cry for them. They'll be fine.

Remember how Paul Clement and Erin Murphy were fired from their NYC law firm after winning Bruen?

No need to cry for them. They'll be fine.

A number of other lawyers and staff left the old firm and followed them too. Clement is a big time appellate lawyer.

Sure, NYSPRA got may issue to be unconstitutional, but we got even even better than strict scrutiny! Text and history, baby.

Constitutional carry in all 50 states with an AR slung over my shoulder. That’s text and history.

and i just can`t get over a feeling that scotus is living its last hours.
but i always was a pessimist, i like to cry about the worst, so the better outcome would always be an unexpected present.

Wondering if all this MA restriction shuffling will impact green cards as well . Currently those are restricted to 2 types of people:

(a) a firearm instructor certified by the municipal police training committee for the sole purpose of firearm instruction to police personnel
(b) a bona fide collector of firearms upon application or upon application for renewal of such license

Any of you taking a run at a machine gun license while they are on their heels?

Wondering if all this MA restriction shuffling will impact green cards as well . Currently those are restricted to 2 types of people:

(a) a firearm instructor certified by the municipal police training committee for the sole purpose of firearm instruction to police personnel
(b) a bona fide collector of firearms upon application or upon application for renewal of such license

Any of you taking a run at a machine gun license while they are on their heels?
I wonder if it’ll make C&R holders who fit into (b) “shall issue”. The standards are objective and the license doesn’t have restrictions once issued, so this may be a harder sell. But, if the objective standards are met, is it now shall issue?

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan relaxed the state's rules for obtaining a concealed handgun permit following the U.S. Supreme Court decision. The action spurred a surge in Marylanders seeking concealed carry classes -- with some gun stores that offer firearms training saying classes are booked for the rest of the year.

.. still left in confusion Medford pd isn’t responding back to my voicemails or even calls 😅
I lived in Medford for many years and my family is originally from Medford and many are still there. I know many MANY Medford cops personally and am RELATED to a couple... and literally 95% of them (actually, maybe 96% or 97 %) are complete and total arrogant jack-boot- type thugs and total effin as*holes who think they are better than you and are ABOVE THEIR OWN LAWS.
It is (and has always been) the Medford MA police 'way'.. as in 'It's our way or the highway/Our way or no way" etc.. and if you don't like it? If you have a problem with them and/or with the Medford Chief of Police (etc)? "Then you can simply go eff yourself, cuz we don't give a f**k what you think or how you feel".
And after you've returned from going and effing yourself? 'You can make another U-turn and "go eff yourself again... (and again, and again, and...etc etc etc)" .
The Medford PD, especially the brass, and even the ones I'm effin RELATED TO absolutely suck. They absolutely effin SUCK.

Period.

Just sayin'

So, no doubt we'll have a press conference any day now, in which Mayor Wu proudly announces this victory for civil rights and equality?

[rofl]

Mayor
ric-flair-wooooo.gif

I think it was because MA does not have DSAL. (Defensive Spray Action League)

LOL. The reason they don't want you to have protection is that is THEIR racket and if you think you deserve special protection, you probably deserved it and we've got to protect those innocents that you might hurt protecting yourself.

It's all part of their mindset. "If you need protecting, you did something wrong to require protecting. Ergo, you aren't safe enough to receive said protection. Forgive me while my paid bodyguard shoves you out of the way."

Imagine if we thought of rape victims that way. Well, I guess we do when a PD doesn't allow a woman to carry any protection. She probably deserved it. :(

you means we gonna be like israel, finally? i can only wish.

View attachment 635156

I'd vote for her for RI state senate.

Back
Top Bottom