• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Federal law already prescribes a punishment up to and including death for violations of rights.
Which "federal law" is this? Has anyone ever been subject to this law? If so, who and when? How is it enacted? Who applies this law and how?

An 18 year old is only considered an adult when it is convenient for the state. Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms all are restricted to the under 21 set.
It was not always this way.

An 18 year old is only considered an adult when it is convenient for the state. Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms all are restricted to the under 21 set.
But only one of the three is a Right, but yes it should be 18 for all firearms.

Which "federal law" is this? Has anyone ever been subject to this law? If so, who and when? How is it enacted? Who applies this law and how?
18 U.S. Code § 241 - Conspiracy against rights, enacted in 1948.

Like any other Federal Criminal Statute, it gets prosecuted by the Justice Department and applied at trial. There have been multiple cases and convictions, such as those analyzed here:

Being 18 is convenient for govt in order to collect taxes, draft for the military, and charge crimes as adults for that sweet sweet slave prison labor.

Federal law already prescribes a punishment up to and including death for violations of rights. There is no law or amendment to the Constitution that will change anything when the laws and Constitution we already have are ignored.

So that would be a waste of time. There isn’t a single law that will somehow magically convert a tyrannical government into a lawful one. Not one. The only way to change things, at least for a time, is to overthrow it. Period. I can’t find a single example anywhere in the world at any time in history where a tyrannical government changed into a fair one because of a law or voting.

1654531797964.jpg

But only one of the three is a Right, but yes it should be 18 for all firearms.
From "The Patriot":

1655049954172.png
18 U.S. Code § 241 - Conspiracy against rights, enacted in 1948.

Like any other Federal Criminal Statute, it gets prosecuted by the Justice Department and applied at trial. There have been multiple cases and convictions, such as those analyzed here:

How would you propose they enact this in current situations?

Last edited:
How would you propose they enact this in current situations?
First, you'd have to get a court ruling in a civil case establishing that right begins at 18. So far, I know of no such ruling even at the State level. The recent 9th Circuit case of Jones v. Bonta came closest, but even if that case doesn't get reversed en banc, the decision explicitly states, "California’s handgun ban is not at issue."

Next, you'd need to get the Justice Department to bring criminal charges. Ain't gonna happen under this Administration, and I doubt it'll ever happen.

Yet they push for voting for 16- year olds
If it was a 16 year old who was living on their own I would have the slightest problem with them voting. At the end of the day there is no good age for voting. 18/21 are the catchalls that our society has cooked up as reasonable ages for things for reasons.

We all know plenty of 16 year olds who are rock stars. And we all know plenty of 50 year olds we can't believe aren't in jail or are still alive. Age more times that we'd like to admit is just a number.

I was voting when I was 18 and I was certified retarded when I was 18. [rofl]

I’m rereading The Thin Man. Set in the 30’s. Rich mom considers her 20yo daughter and 18yo son as minors. Lol

It’s not a modern thought. Funny is less than a decade later 14-17yo’s we’re lying on papers to die for their country.

It was not always this way.
True, when I was young the age of majority was 21. In the '70s it was lowered to 18. Now it's piecemeal being raised again.
Yet they push for voting for 16- year olds
And aliens, legal or otherwise. Spelled out clearly in the so called Build Back Better bill. Forced automatic driver's license voter registration and leave it to local officials to figure out who's ineligible (cue the lawsuits).
I’m rereading The Thin Man. Set in the 30’s. Rich mom considers her 20yo daughter and 18yo son as minors. Lol

It’s not a modern thought. Funny is less than a decade later 14-17yo’s we’re lying on papers to die for their country.
In the '30s they were legally minors but the son could enlist or be drafted at 18.

I bet that's the first time they ever had to type Ute that many times in a brief. Damn. The Ute Mountain Ute Reservation in Ute Ute-ville.

According to Dems 18 is too young to own a gun unless there is someone in a far away land they want killed . Then they will throw every implement of death know to man in a kid's lap and point him in their direction.

16 is old enough to vote as long as it for them .

5 is old enough to take gender altering hormones and get body parts cut off.

Any age from birth is ok to f*ck .

So, are more cases coming out tomorrow?

Maybe it would be best for them to release them at 8:00 PM, right after the news is all over.

So, are more cases coming out tomorrow?

Maybe it would be best for them to release them at 8:00 PM, right after the news is all over.
There's four time zones in the continental U.S. and the news cycle worldwide is constant.

It really doesn't matter what time of any day they release their decisions.

Looks like NYC plans to stall if NYSRPA v. Bruen does not go the city's way. The author claims the NYPD has been "admirably stingy" with regard to issuing carry licenses, which are only issued to the rich, politically connected, and friends of the police.

There is also hinting that they might disallow locking firearms in cars when carrying into events and buildings is prohibited.

I gather they're going to erect every barrier possible to carry by the unwashed.
Exclusive: Sources say if Supreme Court overturns New York gun carry law, new rules could take years to implement
https://archive.ph/O6hs5

old laws are out as constitution and amendments behind it are declared obsolete and made non-enforceable.
the new laws now are the system of executive branch executive orders in combination with custom interpretation of those orders by localities where district attorneys are free to control direction of law enforcement structures.
We’ve never been a nation of laws. People need to understand that. Political will is the only way out. We have to want it more than our adversaries. The Rainbow Jihad was started through a very tiny number of mentally-ill but ruthlessly dedicated people. Now they’re on the verge of reframing the pedophilia debate to justify it, simply by substituting “minor-attracted person” for “pedophile”. The average American who “just wants to live his/her life” still thinks they can just tread lightly around the issue of personal pronouns, etc., and doesn’t realize the other side has NO INTENTION of sharing what’s left of the country with us.

The gun issue is the same, and totally related. It’s all about political will, and our side better develop it like, yesterday.

We’ve never been a nation of laws. People need to understand that. Political will is the only way out. We have to want it more than our adversaries. The Rainbow Jihad was started through a very tiny number of mentally-ill but ruthlessly dedicated people. Now they’re on the verge of reframing the pedophilia debate to justify it, simply by substituting “minor-attracted person” for “pedophile”. The average American who “just wants to live his/her life” still thinks they can just tread lightly around the issue of personal pronouns, etc., and doesn’t realize the other side has NO INTENTION of sharing what’s left of the country with us.

The gun issue is the same, and totally related. It’s all about political will, and our side better develop it like, yesterday.

This is spot on.

I predict both Roe and the 2A case won't be released until the last possible day and then they will all flee DC like the maggots that they are.
Len is probably correct even thou I wouldn't call Thomas a maggot.;) Remember, the Jan. 6 committee went after his white wife for her phone calls in support of Trump.
They know the shit will hit the fan if they rule against Roe and NYC so they'll be running for their lives. Nancy sat on the bill for more protection for a month as a warning to them and Schmucky Shumer has threatened them if they issue rulings the left disapproves of.

Last edited:
This is spot on.

"Liberalism needs an enemy to maintain its sacramental dynamism. It can never rest in calm waters, basking in the day of victory; it is essential that at any given moment there should be a new battle to be fought. The good liberal should always be able to say, “We have made progress, but there is still much to do.” This is why the triumph of same-sex marriage actually happened too suddenly and too completely. Something else was needed to animate liberalism, and transgenderism has quickly filled the gap, defining new forces of reaction and thus enabling new iterations and celebrations of the Festival. And if endorsement and approval of self-described “gender identity” becomes a widely shared legal and social norm, a new frontier will be opened, and some new issue will move to the top of the public agenda, something that now seems utterly outlandish and is guaranteed to provoke fresh opposition from the cruel forces of reaction—polygamy, perhaps, or mandatory vegetarianism."

Looks like NYC plans to stall if NYSRPA v. Bruen does not go the city's way. ...
That cunning plan didn't work for the SJC on stun guns...

Well that’s a wrap. Not today.

Maybe SCOTUS is planning on nulling out gun control,
but they have to schedule the ruling
after they get a chance to stock up some weekend.

Because if they kick out the jams,
they want to be ready for the pro-choice home invaders the week after.

Back
Top Bottom