Swat 9mm bullet bounces off man's forehead...

Morale of the story... many people don't know how to throw a punch properly. And hitting someone in the head is a really bad idea.

I would like to add to this, throwing a punch at someone while there is a solid wall behind them is a bad idea. my g/f and I were play fighting (we're both martial artists so we fight much like what was in your story). she goes to throw a strait punch to my face and I bob out of the way, we were a bit close and she over extended, hitting a solid door frame in my kitchen... didn't break anything, but her knuckle had a decent indent and she had trouble using her hand for like 3 or 4 weeks after that, lol

ok, the 22 went thru the wifes head, and a 9mm bounces off his? I would have expected the other way around...

Once again, it all depends upon the angle and luck. A glancing blow from a 9mm, versus straight on with a .22lr? Sure, not a surprise.

Where on the skull did it hit and at what angle?

Yeah this is false reporting.
A bullet doesn't "bounce" off someone's head. What is it made of? Play Dough?

Perhaps it went through a wall or two first and lost all of the velocity before it hit him.

AR trigger jam? Really? How would that happen? Did he stick his thumb behind the trigger by mistake?

People have been shot in the head with bigger calibers and survived. (click the link below for a picture).

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23914454/

Police investigators would theorize that the man fired three shots from a gun that they believe was a .44-caliber handgun. One of the bullets struck Marie directly between the eyes.

It should have killed her. Instead, the bullet shattered into three pieces against her skull. The fragments ran under her skin, exited through her cheek on one side of her head and near her ear on the other.

At first, she didn’t know she’d been hit. Then she realized blood was pouring from her head.

“I thought I was gonna, was gonna die, but I stayed conscious,” she said.

It has been said before on this forum but a 9mm is like having a .45 set on stun.

Actually, DavidK posted that "A .380 is a 9mm set to "stun"." Nice try, but no [banana].

And I seem to remember an article a year or two back about a soldier in Iraq who got hit in the forehead with a 9mm that didn't penetrate.

Maybe I'll rethink my choice of carry gun. [thinking] I'm starting to think that a .357 might be better...

I've seen a person shot in the head (90 degree angle) with .45 ball (at 25-30 Ft.) who kept running and only suffered a lacerated scalp. No handgun bullet is a magic stopper.

Morale of the story... many people don't know how to throw a punch properly. And hitting someone in the head is a really bad idea.

Sometimes I wonder how I'm still alive after all these adventures in the inner city.

Goes right back to four knucles directly to the throat. Downside...it can kill. Upside...attacker is instantly disabled. Do you want to do it? Do you want to pull it? Comes down to the individual. No different than two fingers directly to the eyes. Will blind the person....and given the orientation, will scoop a person's eyes out. Can you do it?

Nope, never had to. Doesn"t meant I wouldn't ...or won't...without compunction. [wink]

And an aside to those who view the "9mm is a .45 set on stun", that kind of thinking can eventually lead to stupid and careless accidents that can have deadly results.

???

Lighten up it was a 1 line joke.

It's always the guys with the little ones that say size dosen't matter.[smile]

Goes right back to four knucles directly to the throat. Downside...it can kill. Upside...attacker is instantly disabled. Do you want to do it? Do you want to pull it? Comes down to the individual. No different than two fingers directly to the eyes. Will blind the person....and given the orientation, will scoop a person's eyes out. Can you do it?

Nope, never had to. Doesn"t meant I wouldn't ...or won't...without compunction. [wink]

Please don't take offense, but I find it hard to believe that a throat punch will instantly disable someone when people have kept fighting after multiple fatal gunshot wounds to the head, heart, etc. I'm not saying a throat punch wouldn't be effective...maybe I'm just nitpicking.

And I seem to remember an article a year or two back about a soldier in Iraq who got hit in the forehead with a 9mm that didn't penetrate.

A buddy of mine served with a guy in Iraq that got shot in the head with an AK round, only to have it go thru his kevlar, bounce and follow his scalp, and eject out the back of his helmet. Some people are just lucky. he was patched up and back on on patrol in under an hour.

I've seen a person shot in the head (90 degree angle) with .45 ball (at 25-30 Ft.) who kept running and only suffered a lacerated scalp. No handgun bullet is a magic stopper.

True...a bullet can bounce off the skull just like a windshield...at least as far as I know.

That is why I would aim for eyes, throat, groin, etc. Avoid the possibility of a vest. Next comes legs/thighs. A "chest" shot would not be my priority. Grin when I practice, I look for full facial shots or slightly below....as in throat.
Could be wrong....hope to never find out.

Please don't take offense, but I find it hard to believe that a throat punch will instantly disable someone when people have kept fighting after multiple fatal gunshot wounds to the head, heart, etc. I'm not saying a throat punch wouldn't be effective...maybe I'm just nitpicking.

No offense taken. Have you ever had your air cut off? Ever tried to breathe when your throat was in trouble? Won't belabor the point, but anyone, man or woman, if they have the wherewithal, can instantly disable an attacker with four knuckles (second joint) directly to the throat. Depending on force, it will cut breathing. More force will crush the trachea. It can kill. Most folks, including victims, are averse to doing this. Don't ask me why, don't know. Am not a psychologist.

Keep in mind that I'm speaking of "up close and personal" when a person is being attacked. Not the fancy stuff you might see on TV, just defense and survival. Could you literally poke a person's eyes out? Most folks wouldn't even contemplate it. Again, up close and personal, its a tool. But you need to be aware of it ahead of time....as most folks are not.

A buddy of mine served with a guy in Iraq that got shot in the head with an AK round, only to have it go thru his kevlar, bounce and follow his scalp, and eject out the back of his helmet. Some people are just lucky. he was patched up and back on on patrol in under an hour.

He is one lucky SOB and I hope he knows it!

Back
Top Bottom