Swat 9mm bullet bounces off man's forehead...

A sniper tried to fire his AR-15 assault rifle, but the trigger jammed. A second SWAT sniper twice fired his MP5 assault rifle. One shot missed; another struck Tice's forehead, penetrating to the bone and bouncing off.

whoops

I am invincible!

top-10-bond-deaths-20061114034914884-000.jpg

I don't see what the big news is. Everybody has been telling me that anything less than a .45 is just going to bounce off - this just proves it.

A sniper tried to fire his AR-15 assault rifle, but the trigger jammed. A second SWAT sniper twice fired his MP5 assault rifle. One shot missed; another struck Tice's forehead, penetrating to the bone and bouncing off.

As having been former HRT/SWAT I just want to say - that's some of the stupidest shit I've heard yet! Unfortunately I'm sure I just put my self in jeopardy by saying that in an open forum.

Lakemore Mayor Michael Kolomichuk gave the order to use deadly force on Daniel Tice, if necessary.

This bothers me very much. When did the Mayor of a town become judge, jury, and executioner? Besides if the man posed a threat wouldn't the police already be authorized to use deadly force without the special OK from the mayor?

Two Snipers? Three Pulls of the trigger? ONE HIT?!?! With a 4 year old boy next to the target?
Also something fishy here. Also why would one choose to "snipe" with a Submachine gun in 9mm?

Last edited:
As having been former HRT/SWAT I just want to say - that's some of the stupidest shit I've heard yet! Unfortunately I'm sure I just put my self in jeopardy by saying that in an open forum.

Without evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna blame the reporter on this one.

Same thing happened to 2-Pac the first time they tried to kill him. I forget how many he took off the dome, but he was still awake after he got shot.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

i'd never thought i'd see Tupac ref'd on NES. [laugh]

Edit to add:

depending on where the skull is struck, you can break a baseball bat off on someone's head w/o killing them. same goes for bullets.

Last edited by a moderator:

that's some of the stupidest shit I've heard yet! Unfortunately I'm sure I just put my self in jeopardy by saying that in an open forum.

+1 Every SWAT guy with a rifle is a sniper to media tools. Hell, everyone with a scoped rifle is a sniper to those idiots.

Better than what the Boston commissioner said when he said all of his officers were like snipers.

Although in fairness, I think it was in response to an idiotic media question.

Last edited:
It is not that unusual for pistol bullets to fail to penetrate the skull, particularly if they hit the skull at an acute angle. Ayoob discussed this at LFI-1.

More evidence to support the "dopey reporter" hypothesis:

''He confessed, that's all he did,'' Chief Ray said. ''He didn't give a reason. He just said he did it.''

"He confessed. (period) That's all he did." The use of a comma makes it seem like the guy is confessing that something is all he did. /grammar nit

Last edited:
if you have to take a head shot the eyes and nose are the weakest points, everything else is iffy at best. If you have to shoot someone who is wearing body armor that's where you are most likely stop the attack.

It is really more about angle and luck than energy.

Exactly. Those who think that having a .45 would have 'solved the problem there' should remember that the human skull has been designed to take severe trauma to the head since it is protecting one of the most important organs of the human body.

First hand example is when I was a kid I got into a scruff with a boxer who loved to headhunt. He wasn't professional, but knew how to throw a punch none the less. He landed a good solid dozen or so blows to my head and chin. I got up and looked at him, and he was scared. Few days later I talked with him (I try never to hold a grudge) and asked him why he looked the way he did. He just told me he threw at least a dozen punches that landed VERY solidly to my head and I wasn't even stunned. He then went on to tell me that he has put guys down with less solid shots, in less blows in headgear.

Even though the example is NOT the equivalent to being shot by a gun, it does reinforce the fact that the human skull is designed to withstand high amounts of damage to protect the brain.

And an aside to those who view the "9mm is a .45 set on stun", that kind of thinking can eventually lead to stupid and careless accidents that can have deadly results.

Exactly. Those who think that having a .45 would have 'solved the problem there' should remember that the human skull has been designed to take severe trauma to the head since it is protecting one of the most important organs of the human body.

There is a reason it is sometimes referred to as the cranial vault.

Growing up I was hanging with a few friends in Dorchester. Two of them decided they were going to beat the crap out of me and another guy. FYI this was not at all unusual, and probably no malice involved.

One guy comes around and tackles me. It is winter and we end up in a puddle of ice and slush. After rolling around swinging at one another for a few minutes we both burst out laughing... end of story for us... except we are soaking wet and cold.

However the other guy goes around and absolutely sucker punches my buddy, making his nose point 90 degrees in the wrong direction. There is blood everywhere. My buddy is on the ground screaming in agony. Then we realize the other guy is also wreathing in pain on the ground. He broke three or four knuckles on impact, and needed surgery to put his hand back together. Boston's finest came around, looked at us, shook their heads, and took them to the hospital.

Morale of the story... many people don't know how to throw a punch properly. And hitting someone in the head is a really bad idea.

Sometimes I wonder how I'm still alive after all these adventures in the inner city.

Back
Top Bottom