• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Another company that stopped shipping to Ma several years ago said they would ship to me. I spoke with them last week but the brass I wanted was out of stock. Maybe that employee just didn't know the rules. We'll see.

I giggle a little when people say the market share is not that big in mass. Well with almost 500k license holders in this state there has to be a market for ammo sales. Even if only 1 box per person here and there. I think mass dealers missed the boat on providing ammo ? Even 30 years ago my dad and I went north for ammo. I don't remember the name of the school but we went to a gun show in NH around white river junction area every year for ammo. 10s of k of 22 cases of shotgun and what ever elese that was priced right. Mail order has replaced those trips for me.

It's LAP ammo. Plenty combat accurate and goes through stuff better than lead core. Good general purpose SHTF ammo to stockpile. Doesn't need to be sub MOA. Just needs to hit what your shooting at and to go through it better than regular stuff.

It's pretty unremarkable is a lot of ways actually. It's not accurate, it really doesn't penetrate much, it doesn't expand well in soft targets, and it's usually more expensive than other options. If the only two options were M855 or M193, I'd take the M193. (Luckily those aren't the only two options.)

Just don't shoot it at your club's steel plates!

Perhap Mora(n) is letting this run, until everyone on this thread has exhausted divulging their other sources and tactics for obtaining ammo in MA. Then she can shut it all down at once
I'm not seeing anyone posting other sources. TSUSA has openly said "We are shipping to MA" against any threats from AG. I'm guessing TS has a lawyer that has backed them saying what ever the AG threatened them with is not legally binding or does not hold water?

Jeebus, can we stop debating this? TS said "We're shipping, tell your friends, we're not worried about Maura." if anybody here is smarter than TS and/or knows what their attorneys have researched, speak up. Otherwise, STFU and don't buy ammo from them. Or buy ammo from them and STFU anyway. Either way, enough drama already. If they get slapped, we'll read about it soon enough. Their business, their decision.

Last edited:
They won't get slapped. For a good while they'll enjoy a dominant market share of online sales into MA.

In a year or so, either other vendors will begin doing the same or MA will do something stupid (again) and write an ACTUAL law banning it. Of course such an actual law would stomp on interstate commerce and will eventually wind up in SCOTUS. Hopefully around the time we have a couple more good justices appointed by President Trump.

It's pretty unremarkable is a lot of ways actually. It's not accurate, it really doesn't penetrate much, it doesn't expand well in soft targets, and it's usually more expensive than other options.

Correct. It is quite unremarkable in a lot of ways. So is TulAmmo. So what? It was not designed to be match grade ammo. It was designed to be combat accurate. It's not designed to expand. It has a steel core that is designed to punch through soft armor and flesh. That's what it is for. And it is pretty good at that. Which is why people buy a lot of it and don't shoot much.

Correct. It is quite unremarkable in a lot of ways. So is TulAmmo. So what? It was not designed to be match grade ammo. It was designed to be combat accurate. It's not designed to expand. It has a steel core that is designed to punch through soft armor and flesh. That's what it is for. And it is pretty good at that. Which is why people buy a lot of it and don't shoot much.

I have range mags loaded with 223 and non-range mags loaded with m855. Guess which ones go to the range?

It's really not "pretty good at that," which is why M855a1 is a thing. (And even mk318, mk262, etc. when it really matters.) There are many better options for range use or combat use, and it's not surprising that the previous poster saw fairly loose groups with it.

But by all means if you'd prefer to use a 1970's technology light machine gun round that icepicks in flesh and doesn't even reliably penetrate windshield glass go for it.

I would really enjoy shooting $1,100 of ammo annually. Or double that to definitely help my wallet. LOL

Geez. 20 years ago, I'd consistently shoot 100-200rds of 9mm a week. That alone, today, would get me back in that realm. Of course, since I was shooting so much, I got into reloading. LOL

what is the mystery box and how does that work.
With what i savwd on 22lr alone easily would pay for their prime membership. I may join and stok up on a few more items. Like to see them expand the reloading supplies and have the prime membship apply to that also

what is the mystery box and how does that work.
With what i savwd on 22lr alone easily would pay for their prime membership. I may join and stok up on a few more items. Like to see them expand the reloading supplies and have the prime membship apply to that also
I've checked their reloading supply and there never seems to be much in stock. It would be nice to have them as another source.

Called them this morning to check on a 12 day old order. They asked when I ordered and told them the 15th. Told me orders from the 15th would ship today. Sounds like bs but if it ships I'm happy.

I haven't heard back from my request for a quote on some sintered ammo in case lots. Request sent 12/16. I won't pester them until after 1/2/18 and CA is out of the picture, things should slow down somewhat for them after that.

I haven't heard back from my request for a quote on some sintered ammo in case lots. Request sent 12/16. I won't pester them until after 1/2/18 and CA is out of the picture, things should slow down somewhat for them after that.
According to them they stopped filling .CA orders on the 22nd.

It's really not "pretty good at that," which is why M855a1 is a thing. (And even mk318, mk262, etc. when it really matters.) There are many better options for range use or combat use, and it's not surprising that the previous poster saw fairly loose groups with it.

But by all means if you'd prefer to use a 1970's technology light machine gun round that icepicks in flesh and doesn't even reliably penetrate windshield glass go for it.

I take what I can get. Not really a preference thing. I've not really seen any of the next gen military loads available for anywhere close to what cans of 855 are going for and I aint got much spare change to burn. Plus its 5.56 were talking here. If it can go through soft armor, its fine by me. If ever I were to really need barrier penetration, I can use .308 or even some of those 1950s .30-06 Black Tips I've got kicking around for a rainy day. That shit will go through a foot of concrete.

According to them they stopped filling .CA orders on the 22nd.
This is interesting because that, despite their position relative to the MA action, they have accepted the concept that another state can regulate their shipments to customers in that state. I don't understand the difference between obedience to a CA edict and a MA one.

This is interesting because that, despite their position relative to the MA action, they have accepted the concept that another state can regulate their shipments to customers in that state. I don't understand the difference between obedience to a CA edict and a MA one.

Does CA have an actual law backing it? We know MA doesn't.

I have an order that had a shipping label created on the 16th and still hasn't shipped. I've been waiting because of CA as well, but it's looking like maybe we should start following up now.

Mine is out for delivery today. I believe it was ordered on 12/15. I ordered some hard to find local ammo and know it was a busy time of year so I’m okay with the delay.

Back
Top Bottom