• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

They don’t disappear, ever. It’s just the neighbors are less approving of the second amendment. I like them, and have to deal with them daily, so I’d rather not have to deal with their questions.

Good neighbors mind their own business. But you also need to do your part by not giving them any extra opportunities to stick their noses in your business.

Even though what you are doing is completely legal, there is no advantage to sharing information with people you do not fully trust. The fact that you have given this issue serious thought tells me that you should follow your gut and be discrete.

They don’t disappear, ever. It’s just the neighbors are less approving of the second amendment. I like them, and have to deal with them daily, so I’d rather not have to deal with their questions.
In that case, unless they already know what ORM-D is, and are kind of snooping, you'll be fine if you select the free, discrete packaging in checkout. Having FedEx hold it should solve that problem for you, too.

Target Sports is definitely awesome for what they do stock and sell. My only (trivial) gripe with them is the amt of product displayed on their site that is perpetually out-of-stock

I must have a dozen "notify me when back in stock" reminders set, but I am guessing that it is a demand driven process - they will only order those products when they have a guaranteed customer backlog and know they will move the inventory.

Frangible, cowboy loads and shotgun shells (in common calibers; 9mm, .357 and 12g) have all aged like a fine wine in the wait and see queue. I still think that the Prime membership is absolutely worth it - I have bought bunch of trial sized (20 rd) boxes of stuff just to see how it performs

Small 1st world problems, the sting like a paper-cut

9mm range/HP, I currently have 80 rds. By all accounts, that’s dreadfully low.
You don’t unlock the next achievement until you fill an ammo can. After that you don’t advance until you have a case of every caliber you shoot. Professional status is achieved when you max out your stash with respect to fire codes. Grand master is achieved when you simply can’t count it all.

Last edited:
In that case, unless they already know what ORM-D is, and are kind of snooping, you'll be fine if you select the free, discrete packaging in checkout. Having FedEx hold it should solve that problem for you, too.

The discreet packaging doesn't indicate ammo, just the generic ORM-D sticker. I got nervous at first because they always used to just deliver packages to the rental office at my old apartment. Never once had a problem, and the property manager was totally clueless. She did comment once about how heavy it was, but I just agreed, threw the case of .45 acp up on my shoulder, and walked back out to my car.

I am annoyed at FedEx right now, though. They left my shipment of .458 SOCOM sitting out in the rain when they delivered it last week. Didn't even attempt to go the extra 3.5 feet to put it up against the door so it wouldn't get soaked. Lazy bastard.

9mm range/HP, I currently have 80 rds. By all accounts, that’s dreadfully low.

I've got more than that in carry ammo loaded into various magazines! You gotta pump those numbers up!

VP9 has eaten everything I've ever fed it, including some questionable gun show reloads. I usually buy the case of Blazer Brass 115gr for range ammo. Personally I steer away from cheap steel cased stuff. It tends to be corrosive, and HK doesn't recommend it.

The Fiocchi looks like a good deal right now though.

The discreet packaging doesn't indicate ammo, just the generic ORM-D sticker. I got nervous at first because they always used to just deliver packages to the rental office at my old apartment. Never once had a problem, and the property manager was totally clueless. She did comment once about how heavy it was, but I just agreed, threw the case of .45 acp up on my shoulder, and walked back out to my car.

I am annoyed at FedEx right now, though. They left my shipment of .458 SOCOM sitting out in the rain when they delivered it last week. Didn't even attempt to go the extra 3.5 feet to put it up against the door so it wouldn't get soaked. Lazy bastard.
YOU'RE annoyed?

I bought a holster and those cheapo's didn't pay extra for delivery on Saturday. So i contacted them on FB and they said you can go pick it up till 8 PM, so i drive there ''30'' min and the lady says it's locked and won't be opened till Sunday night, sorry. wasted a hour of my time

I've got more than that in carry ammo loaded into various magazines! You gotta pump those numbers up!

VP9 has eaten everything I've ever fed it, including some questionable gun show reloads. I usually buy the case of Blazer Brass 115gr for range ammo. Personally I steer away from cheap steel cased stuff. It tends to be corrosive, and HK doesn't recommend it.

The Fiocchi looks like a good deal right now though.

I know, pathetic. But! I’ve got 2 additional mags already on the way and I’m working on sourcing ammo(as evidenced here and now). Having just picked it up on Wednesday, I haven’t had time to do much else. And, cash flow is getting pretty tight too.
500 rds. of the Fiocchi and 100 rds. of HST 124grain are what’s in the cart right now.

I hate going to the FEDEX office to pick up Garands. The lady there makes it extremely uncomfortable with stupid comments like "you're not going to shoot anyone?"
Response options:
Why, do you have someone in mind?
I wasn't....but...
That depends. (this one is probably the most accurate)
No, I'm going Sasquatch hunting.
No but you'll be begging me to when the zombies come.

Personally I steer away from cheap steel cased stuff. It tends to be corrosive...

What makes you think so? I routinely run Russian steel cased ammo through my Glocks, BHP, and Kahr, and clean them couple of times a year with no sign of corrosion. My oldest Glock has more than 10 thousand rounds of Russian stuff through it and runs like a champ. Using simple math, running steel cased ammo at $0.15/round through it as opposed to brass cased at $0.18/round has already paid for 60% of a new gun.

What makes you think so? I routinely run Russian steel cased ammo through my Glocks, BHP, and Kahr, and clean them couple of times a year with no sign of corrosion. My oldest Glock has more than 10 thousand rounds of Russian stuff through it and runs like a champ. Using simple math, running steel cased ammo at $0.15/round through it as opposed to brass cased at $0.18/round has already paid for 60% of a new gun.

HK says not to shoot steel cased in the manual. It might be fine, but I've seen shitty cheap stuff do some bad things.

I know, pathetic. But! I’ve got 2 additional mags already on the way and I’m working on sourcing ammo(as evidenced here and now). Having just picked it up on Wednesday, I haven’t had time to do much else. And, cash flow is getting pretty tight too.
500 rds. of the Fiocchi and 100 rds. of HST 124grain are what’s in the cart right now.
You're over thinking it! Order your stuff, tell them plain packaging. A few days later, bada boom, ammo in disquise on your stoop. Happy shooting!

I’m in an apartment situation in the city so, I need two questions answered before I pull the trigger on an order(I need to build some stock up)

1. Do you need to sogn for delivery? If yes, it’s a no go.

2. Is it inconspicuous packaging? Other people are going to see these boxes. Not that I care, but I’d prefer to not advertise to others that I’ve just purchased a few thousand rounds of ammo. I’m in the city remember, if it’s going to be an issue I’d just assume take a ride out to the Walpole wally world.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Non descript brown boxes with ORM-D sticker. Same as when my wife orders cosmetics.

Made my first order last week, came in a plain box and got everything as advertised. Delivery driver left it on the bottom step of my front porch, it was not that heavy, just lazy I guess. Glad it wasn't raining.

Picked up some Winchester white box 115 grain at Walpole wally world. $35.50 for a 200 rd. range pack. Thats less than .18 cents a rd. So I got 2.
Cash is tight or I would have got more.
They’re packed in 100 rd. loose boxes. For some reason, the loose rounds irk my OCD so I just bought some organizers on Amazon.

I should have over 1,200 rounds of 9mm by Wednesday. Crisis averted.

Hadn’t thought of that. I’ll have to look in to it. My wife drives by the FedEx facility in Westwood on her way home from work.

Fedex has an option where you can re-direct a package to a local pickup area. I have used this functionality twice recenly as the packages I was receiving required signature. It's easier to redirect and pick them up on my own time. In my case, the closest pickup spot is the Shaw's in the center of town. Just another option to explore.

Picked up some Winchester white box 115 grain at Walpole wally world. $35.50 for a 200 rd. range pack. Thats less than .18 cents a rd. So I got 2.
Cash is tight or I would have got more.
They’re packed in 100 rd. loose boxes. For some reason, the loose rounds irk my OCD so I just bought some organizers on Amazon.

Don't organize yourself into a fire code violation.
In the PRM, all ammunition must remain stored in its original container until use.

Back
Top Bottom