Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Do you know if that’s per order or per year? Given the order volume, I can see them limiting per order. I know last year (2020) I ordered well over 3000 rounds total in a couple of different calibers, but it was spread out over several orders, with no single order over 2000.
About those 6.5cm orders- have anybody received anything yet, at all? Is there any approximate eta on those orders?

They probably don't have much choice, i bet whatever their warehouse is, it's probably been mostly empty since march. Pallets probably come in X times a week but not a ton. I bet they don't even hit 30% capacity.....
We need to send a team down to stake it out, give us advance warning of the next day's calibers. Then tail the office employees, figure out what they like, and butter them up to give us a 5 minute head start on drops.

We need a mole.

<SNIP> I thought the 2000 per year limit was on all ammo but apparently I misread.
2,000 rounds per year, per caliber. I had ordered 2 cases of 1,000 rounds of 9mm, plus an additional 500 rounds of 9mm. Prior to shipping anything, Customer Service called me, telling that the limit was 2,000 rounds of a single caliber per year, and asking me which orders I wanted to keep.

2,000 rounds per year, per caliber. I had ordered 2 cases of 1,000 rounds of 9mm, plus an additional 500 rounds of 9mm. Prior to shipping anything, Customer Service called me, telling that the limit was 2,000 rounds of a single caliber per year, and asking me which orders I wanted to keep.
OK, That makes sense. You went over the 2000 rounds per caliber limit. And it is per caliber, not ammo type. So if you get 2000 rounds of .45 ACP ball, that’s it for .45 ACP. You can’t turn around and order additional .45 ACP in hollow point.

Does anyone have defensive ammo in stock these days? I see that TS has Underwood but I have zero experience with that. Would prefer Federal, Hornady, Speer, or Remington in 9mm and/or .45

Larry has wwb 9mm .74/round
38 cpr at Natchez (For free staters). MUST BE LOGGED IN TO SEE IT IN STOCK. $18.99 per box plus shipping. If I didn’t have free state friends I’d sure open an account with the UPS store in Salem NH. They only charge $5 per package to be held. The accept FedEx shipments too. Gotta be creative nowadays.

Looks like shipping is $15. So just over $20 per box shipped. JFC you’d save over $100 compared to TSUSA. If that doesn’t force you to find free state sources I don’t know what will 😂

Last edited:
Does anyone have defensive ammo in stock these days? I see that TS has Underwood but I have zero experience with that. Would prefer Federal, Hornady, Speer, or Remington in 9mm and/or .45

underwood 185+P is pure fire. You won’t be disappointed, but if you are I would trade you for some of my federal.

+1 on the underwood
I ended up buying 3 boxes of that 45ACP +P hard cast just because it seemed like a reasonable price. Not sure why, other than the cool factor, I would never carry it or use it at the range to hit paper targets. This is only defensive ammo in the scenario where a brown bear is driving right at you in a car.

I ended up buying 3 boxes of that 45ACP +P hard cast just because it seemed like a reasonable price. Not sure why, other than the cool factor, I would never carry it or use it at the range to hit paper targets. This is only defensive ammo in the scenario where a brown bear is driving right at you in a car.

Yea I love their stuff especially for anything larger caliber. I have their 45acp, 10mm, 460 rowland, 50AE, 44, 458 socom, etc.

Its actually reasonably priced stuff especially in todays marker.

Speaking of CMP, any feedback on the Eley 22lr Club vs Target?

I know the target was normally around 8ccp, I'm not sure what the normal price for club was, but it seems less inflated.

I have Underwood hard cast 10mm that I carry in the woods, but I don't know anything about their JHP. I'll have to do some research.

Speaking of CMP, any feedback on the Eley 22lr Club vs Target?

I know the target was normally around 8ccp, I'm not sure what the normal price for club was, but it seems less inflated.

I have Eley Target I will be testing against CCI on Sunday.

It’s like an addict who shoots up with powdered sugar when they can’t get any heroin because just going through the process makes them feel good.

L6IMalS.png

🐯

I have Eley Target I will be testing against CCI on Sunday.

I'd like to hear your results. From what I can tell, it varies lot to lot. Some say some lots of target out perform the club... it's also very rifle specific too.

I'm not sure if the club is worth the extra cost over target. But it also seems like it's closer to it's normal price, so that makes it the better current value.

I'd like to hear your results. From what I can tell, it varies lot to lot. Some say some lots of target out perform the club... it's also very rifle specific too.

I'm not sure if the club is worth the extra cost over target. But it also seems like it's closer to it's normal price, so that makes it the better current value.

This will be through a Kidd barrel & trigger build on a Boyd stock. Should be a tack driver; goal Sunday is to identify the ammo it likes best.

I will let you know.

FWIW, this is what Kidd says from their own testing:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom