• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Mini mags @ 7cpr. Actually a fraction cheaper per round than SV for some reason.

If only those were 200 fps slower
Mini mag is sh*t.
SV is where it is at.
Mini mags are great unless you're doing fudd shit, then SV far more accurate
If you’re just blasting and need something that’s reliable mini mags are fine… but if you were shooting target, for score or a postal match or something SV is going to be a lot more accurate. ive used plenty of both. Although im out of SV now i sold my last brick to a member here.
So target shooting is FUDD sh*t now?
Damn, I must be FUDD king with all the SV I have. [rofl]

Is there even that much difference between HV and SV?
What is the difference between "hunting", "fudd", "target", and "blasting"? Aren't you going for accuracy, performance, and reliability for ALL of those? Isn't hunting = "fudd"?

I would think the only thing that changes is the speed, with higher speed for hunting.

Last edited:
Is there even that much difference between HV and SV?
What is the difference between "hunting", "fudd", "target", and "blasting"? Aren't you going for accuracy, performance, and reliability for ALL of those? I would think the only thing that changes is the speed, with higher speed for hunting.
I can feel the difference on a handgun. Enough that I choose SV for steel challenge.

Mini mags are great.

Velocity. Mini Mags are ~1250
SV are ~1050 so subsonic, for suppressors. Makes a world of difference
That kind of almost makes sense, but suppressors were not even mentioned. I thought SV was "Standard Velocity", and there is a different category from "Standard" for suppressors.

I shoot .22 bullseye and SV is what my Walther SSP eats. You don't need the added velocity/muzzle rise from running HV. Keeping the gun stationary for your follow up shots is what make or breaks your score. You want selection, take a look at Aguilla and their array of .22 variants.

That kind of almost makes sense, but suppressors were not even mentioned. I thought SV was "Standard Velocity", and there is a different category from "Standard" for suppressors.

I literately posted several photos of different suppressors on both long and hand guns.

As for selection, I’d check out Eley before Aguilla for accurate target loads. $0.02

Nice looking gun.

How is this "fudd"? Or are you saying it is not "fudd"? I guess for hunting, that makes it a "fudd gun"? I must be slipping tonight.

I literately posted several photos of different suppressors on both long and hand guns.

As for selection, I’d check out Eley before Aguilla for accurate target loads. $0.02
That was not in the part I quoted, and I didn't notice you were the same person who said 200 slower there. That makes sense, but I did not put 2+2 together there.

Nice looking gun.

How is this "fudd"? Or are you saying it is not "fudd"? I guess for hunting, that makes it a "fudd gun"? I must be slipping tonight.

I made the joke, not him. CCI SV is usually used by target shooters who cant get their hands on eley and stuff like that. Think NRA bullseye etc. Its actually "just hot enough" to cycle most 22LR pistols.... but its consistent and reliable vs the average of the market. And with cans its going to be much quieter than MMs are.

I made the joke, not him. CCI SV is usually used by target shooters who cant get their hands on eley and stuff like that. Think NRA bullseye etc. Its actually "just hot enough" to cycle most 22LR pistols.... but its consistent and reliable vs the average of the market. And with cans its going to be much quieter than MMs are.
Yep, I use Eley for bullseye matches and CCI SV for practice and fun since it mostly always goes bang. Eley is much more consistently acccurate.

Btw, I know one supplier that fairly regularly stocks Eley at really good prices. PM me if you're interested.

Haven't seen 9x18 Makarov much lately, but TSUSA just dropped some PPU.
They've also got this new 9x18 variant called MARAKOV, check it out:

(Hint: check out the picture of the box) 😆

Attachments

• PPU.png
    PPU.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 32
Anybody see any good prices on .22 Velocitor, Viper, Yellow Jacket, Super Maximum?
I set notifications on the Velocitors and Aguila Super Max 30gn.

Availability is super sparse though. I may renew with Target Sports if a shipment comes in... 🤔

No experience on the S&B XRG .380acp, but their ball ammo is pretty good. Would imagine their Defense line is good too...

Last edited:
No Velocitors, but I found Stingers, and "Stangers" somewhere else.

Cabela's also has Stingers and "Stangers" on sale. Same bullet, I think the "Stangers" are actually cheaper on one of these sites.

No Velocitors, but I found Stingers, and "Stangers" somewhere else.

Cabela's also has Stingers and "Stangers" on sale. Same bullet, I think the "Stangers" are actually cheaper on one of these sites.
MSS has super max along with stangers and stingers

Yeah, but often the shipping charges are as much again as the box of ammo. Sometimes it is cheaper to just go to Cabela's or somewhere else nearby.

Yeah, but often the shipping charges are as much again as the box of ammo. Sometimes it is cheaper to just go to Cabela's or somewhere else nearby.
That's why I don't buy a "box or two." I buy a lot. The shipping difference between 10 boxes and 20 boxes is about a $1...

Back
Top Bottom