Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Whatever happened to OP - Out of Battery Firearms? That shop was short lived...
Last time I purchased something from him (quite a while ago) he was saying that he was really getting swamped in his regular job, which required a fair amount of travel. I assume that he just got too busy to keep up with the sideline FFL.

Does anyone know how TSUSA ships primers?

Are they discreet or have stickers all over the place?

I see their prices are slowly coming back to earth.

I do not believe they have a choice, the stickers must be on the outside of the box to identify it as an explosive.

Correct.

If you order ammo and primers they will ship them in separate packages. In my case the ammo came packaged as usual and very quickly. Primers were a few days later and had the hazmat stickers on them.

Yup. Can't get around the US DOT requirements
When prices come down a little more I will have to remember to change the delivery at UPS. All my stuff goes to UPS, so I am sure they wont appreciate having boxes labeled "PRIMERS" in their store.

When prices come down a little more I will have to remember to change the delivery at UPS. All my stuff goes to UPS, so I am sure they wont appreciate having boxes labeled "PRIMERS" in their store.

There is no specific data on the contents. There is a "generic" printed label that indicates the package contains explosive contents. It not an in your face type of sticker.

There is no specific data on the contents. There is a "generic" printed label that indicates the package contains explosive contents. It not an in your face type of sticker.
Every primer box I have seen usually has the manufacturer all over and says "XYZ Small Pistol / Rifle Primers" ... maybe because I always ordered cases.

But still, I think "explosives" is worse than "Primers". I can only imagine the UPS workers receiving that in the store [rofl]

I think the wording is based on some rule documented by SAAMI here. It also indicates the placard required:

Don't forget the 20% rebate on Winchester purchases before the 4th. They need to be mailed by the 19th I think. I didn't even know about them until a guy at the range mentioned it.

Wow this is the cheapest I've seen! 6.2cpr without prime. And I shoot this stuff all the time. It's fine. Cheaper than CMP!

I think it's 1.2 Explosives or something.

Not sure UPS even delivers this class anymore, should be FedEx Ground.

$83/K is the price for all. Prime Members get no love with primers.

But better than $120 [rofl]
Oy...I stockpiled back in the day and stopped when things went crazy. Havent really followed prices in a while. Are primers really 8.3 cpr?

ANyone remember that site where they tracked ammo (and component?) prices and you could look at a chart and follow prices over time? My laptop died a few months ago and I lost all my bookmarks.

Oy...I stockpiled back in the day and stopped when things went crazy. Havent really followed prices in a while. Are primers really 8.3 cpr?
Lol, they made it to $120/K.

The highest I ever paid was $70/K for 7K primers in 2020 or maybe mid 2021.

Besides that, everything I ever purchased was $35 or less.

I had to get the $70/K, I didnt think it was going to come down for a while.

ANyone remember that site where they tracked ammo (and component?) prices and you could look at a chart and follow prices over time? My laptop died a few months ago and I lost all my bookmarks.
Best Ammo for Finding Ammunition 2022 - Guns Mags Reloading

I believe this is what you're referring to.

Lol, they made it to $120/K.

The highest I ever paid was $70/K for 7K primers in 2020 or maybe mid 2021.

Besides that, everything I ever purchased was $35 or less.

I had to get the $70/K, I didnt think it was going to come down for a while.
Thats what my last recollection of a purchase price was. $35-$40-something

Nah, Im familiar with Ammoseek. This was a site that tracked the average price of calibers over time and plotted a chart just like stocks.

eta- here it is. Not sure how accurate it is as it lists an average price of 11cpr for 9mm in May of this year.
eta2- avg price for 22lr today, 2cpr. Never mind this site appears to be garbage

I miss the Pre Obama prices!
The primers I bought at $35 were purchased a month before the Trump election when I though H would win.

I had a bunch of points in Cabelas card, was driving by and decided to stop. Walked in and the dude was stocking the primers. I told him to stop and I took them all. [laugh]

It was like this but with primers.

View: https://youtu.be/HrIeP798hiQ

The primers I bought at $35 were purchased a month before the Trump election when I though H would win.

I had a bunch of points in Cabelas card, was driving by and decided to stop. Walked in and the dude was stocking the primers. I told him to stop and I took them all. [laugh]

It was like this but with primers.

View: https://youtu.be/HrIeP798hiQ

f***ing hoarder!

You belong on one of those A&E episodes.

“Mr. Broc spends his free time dumping his primers onto his bed and rolling around in them naked until he resembles a disco ball or a sugar cookie with sparky sprinkles.”

Back
Top Bottom