• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

what is the theory behind plating the steel? is it better on feed ramps?
Alternative to lacquer or poly to keep steel case from rusting. It is much slipperier than the other two, and I guess it is a plus being able to plate it before loading the primer/powder/projo.
Also, does not leave behind the coating.

Not really sure, but I really like the zinc. I have some zinc-plated MFS ,223 that I bought at Riley's Sport in Hookset in 2011 that I've kept (in a pickup truck) in a .30cal ammo can (USGI) through all those Summers & Winters the stuff looks brand new and shoots well. Whereas I've opened sealed spam cans of 7.62x39 lacquer-coated and found rust...

For me proof is in the pudding. Zinc-plated steel is superior to the other forms of coating... YMMV

Last edited:
They shoot great out of my ptr9
They are a great little range ammo.

What I wish TSUSA would try is a case offering of different boxes of say 9mm range ammo so, a new-to-the sport shooter could buy a 1000 round case with 20 different brands of 50-round boxes. Then they can shoot all sorts of stuff and narrow down what they like best... Probably not doable, but a fun thought.

What I wish TSUSA would try is a case offering of different boxes of say 9mm range ammo so, a new-to-the sport shooter could buy a 1000 round case with 20 different brands of 50-round boxes. Then they can shoot all sorts of stuff and narrow down what they like best... Probably not doable, but a fun thought.

Definitely doable, if they want to. It's a great idea, but the cost-benefit analysis might not be there for them.

My guess is they really don't have too. There moving pretty much everything they get in stock. Granted not like the craziness of a few months ago. but it still seems to moving. Its kind of like telling Glock the changes they need to make to stay relevant meanwhile the cash register is just ringing away.

That's the kind of thing that makes sense when the market is actually fat with product but it's not really a viable idea right now. Like even when Target Sports is flush these days I can tell right away that I don't want half the ammo they're selling like I'm not going to use some fagla roid 150 grain Federal practice ammo that Loosely approximates mouse farts. On the other hand if the markets flush and there's a 124 grain variety pack than count me In.

I'm not going to use some fagla roid 150 grain Federal practice ammo that Loosely approximates mouse farts.
I need to make a shirt with your quotes and wear it to the mill. [laugh]
Before you jump to get it printed, note well:
his space bar debounce may be going sour.
It's normally "faglaroid".

Dig it!
Thread rating: "Pure Au".

S&B #1 buck patterns really well and is loaded decently hot. The flat 10 round boxes make me feel oddly regal, like I need a small cup of tea to flex my pinky on. Glad I bought a case of it.
685CA9AA-895B-4917-9BB5-8FD235A28D16.jpeg

The Rio expansive slugs were extremely accurate, more so than most foster slugs I shoot (cylinder bore, of course) and I shoot a lot of slugs, kind of? Wish I had a watermelon or cantaloupe but aside from that they’re accurate and well powered for a 1-1/8oz slug.
34DB9242-34CA-449B-BDA1-462E9DBDA2FD.jpeg

I also apparently have some Aguila 0B, yes, single 0 buck, but I can’t remember where I put it. I feel like that’s some sort of achievement as it’s a first for me. Will report on that, when I find it.

Back
Top Bottom