Tavor: who has one or opinion

All completely valid points (mine has the circle reticle). I was looking at some of the ACSS magnified scopes, but ended up just grabbing the MX3 to not be left with magnification all the time and have the option. I'll have to see how it does when I get it to the range, prior to this was using a Sightmark 3x magnifier, and the MX3 should offer up a clearer picture.

How do you like the Holoson 503?

Surprised you guys like the M21 optic. I have one and am not a fan. @quiller are you running a battery illumination on your M21? if so how do you like it? I’ve eyed it for a while but figured it just makes the setup too complicated. if it’s working out I will get one.

BTW these curved buttpads are best mod I’ve found for the X95 or SAR. Looks like @Zarathustra11 is running one.

See my post #102 in the thread Tavor: who has one or opinion

The REM works fine for me. Most of the time I just ignore it. Only use it when shooting from the dark into the light.

Surprised you guys like the M21 optic. I have one and am not a fan. @quiller are you running a battery illumination on your M21? if so how do you like it? I’ve eyed it for a while but figured it just makes the setup too complicated. if it’s working out I will get one.

BTW these curved buttpads are best mod I’ve found for the X95 or SAR. Looks like @Zarathustra11 is running one.

I like the M21. It works well with my natural point of aim, no craning my neck or dodging my head back and forth. I got the triangle one as this is a strictly minute of head out to 100 yards. Beyond that the flip will help. If I have to reach beyond that I'm pulling something else out of the safe. I bought the REM21 illumination on a whim and because the maker is in Rockport MA. It was short money and we used it the other day right before we left the range. It seems to work well but more testing is needed. Goes on easy, just swap out one Allen head which is provided.

Last edited:
All completely valid points (mine has the circle reticle). I was looking at some of the ACSS magnified scopes, but ended up just grabbing the MX3 to not be left with magnification all the time and have the option. I'll have to see how it does when I get it to the range, prior to this was using a Sightmark 3x magnifier, and the MX3 should offer up a clearer picture.

How do you like the Holoson 503?
I spoke of that before- I do believe a rifle really should be set only with a scope that will be usable without power. Prism or 1-4x or 1-6x optics.

my M21 has a large triangle reticle...not sure if they all have this reticle. For work inside 100 yards it’s acceptable but with any degree of holdover the Target is occluded by the reticle. It forces me to zero the rifle quite high which is annoying. a chevron would be much better. It explains why nobody else uses a triangle reticle.
The triangle is just a chevron with the lower part filled in... Zero the tip at your preferred range, and make note of the POI at other ranges. They make an X reticle also... which is basically 4 chevrons pointing inward. Both are better than the dot in circle, which, is just a dot in a circle.

It’s Steven crowder...louder with Crowder...

Sure is.

I'm not puzzled by that guy's identity but about anybody who approaches a topic saying "change my mind," Crowder or otherwise. I'm inclined to respond, "Why should anybody want to change your mind?"

Unless they say, "I'm contemplating rape and murder, change my mind," my first reaction is to just shrug and keep walking.

Sure is.

I'm not puzzled by that guy's identity but about anybody who approaches a topic saying "change my mind," Crowder or otherwise. I'm inclined to respond, "Why should anybody want to change your mind?"

Unless they say, "I'm contemplating rape and murder, change my mind," my first reaction is to just shrug and keep walking.
Based on his videos, you'd have to be a liberal college girl to understand wanting to change his mind

Speaking about reticles/scopes - have anybody got/tried this knock-off from a proper ACOG Trijicon one?
It is a $179 priced clone - i am curious to try, as i do not have a spare $1300 for a real thing at the moment.
is it a complete garbage or is at least partially usable? reviews are not very conclusive. i do not need a morals read to me - just say something if you actually saw this thing in the real.
View: https://www.amazon.com/CRUSHUNT-Hunting-RifleScopes-Chevron-Tactical/dp/B00GHD1BMA

1611677747851.png

I mean if you’re okay with possibly paying a Chinese company for something gun related they probably didn’t design themselves, have at it. But I’d look for something else in my price bracket.

Research shows supporting an American optics manufacturer like Trijicon causes an instant 5-7% increase to your testosterone, further promoting the phenomenon known as "freedom boner". You don't want to know the contrasting effects of supporting Chicom intellectual property thieves.

But seriously, I bet a knockoff import won't hold zero and will succumb to recoil far faster than an ACOG, and then you've blown over 10% of the cost for the real deal. Buy the best and cry once.

Research shows supporting an American optics manufacturer like Trijicon causes an instant 5-7% increase to your testosterone, further promoting the phenomenon known as "freedom boner". You don't want to know the contrasting effects of supporting Chicom intellectual property thieves.

But seriously, I bet a knockoff import won't hold zero and will succumb to recoil far faster than an ACOG, and then you've blown over 10% of the cost for the real deal. Buy the best and cry once.
Even so, I don’t even think a fixed magnified optic is a good fit for a rifle that’s meant for CQC. I’d rather have a mid-tier red dot on my X95 than even a real ACOG.

Even so, I don’t even think a fixed magnified optic is a good fit for a rifle that’s meant for CQC. I’d rather have a mid-tier red dot on my X95 than even a real ACOG.
too bad no one had any of those clones - there are several knock-offs there with a similar stolen design, but... i do not want to be a first guinea pig to try that.
i was only curious.

as of shelling out a $1300 for a real one - you`ve got to be kidding. they can shove it up their arses for that price.

too bad no one had any of those clones - there are several knock-offs there with a similar stolen design, but... i do not want to be a first guinea pig to try that.
i was only curious.

as of shelling out a $1300 for a real one - you`ve got to be kidding. they can shove it up their arses for that price.
I have a TA33 and it’s awesome, but my Aimpoint Pro was half the cost and works better on my X95. ACOGs are expensive, but they’re worth it - just not for this application in my opinion.

I might even sell the TA33, currently on my AR, to buy another TA44.

Last edited:
I don’t know you, or your financial situation. However if you have shot with a variety of optics, you’ll know that for a fixed power scope, these are actually worth the money if you shoot rifle with any regularity. Labor isn’t cheap, never has been, but I’ll gladly spend money on an American product like an ACOG because the quality is there.

E03AF606-511D-41C8-8965-8A3E628F2706.jpeg

DE192F05-45BA-48F7-8007-9D834936617F.jpeg

That said, for an X95, I have mine mounted with a Trijicon MRO

Agreed with all above. Materials, quality, and supporting American companies justifies the price for me. And for a CQB rifle I prefer an Eotech. Going to add their 5x magnifier whenever it gets released.

just got from the range, helped with some work there and then spent about of 50 rounds at 100 yds.
the best group i managed to do today looks like this, below, with a common steel tula 55gr. does it still look too wide, or is it what most get from the tavor?
i do not expect a subMOA from x95 with tula, but this spread looks a too bit wide to me... or is it typical?
tavor100yds.jpg

just got from the range, helped with some work there and then spent about of 50 rounds at 100 yds.
the best group i managed to do today looks like this, below, with a common steel tula 55gr. does it still look too wide, or is it what most get from the tavor?
i do not expect a subMOA from x95 with tula, but this spread looks a too bit wide to me... or is it typical?
View attachment 453007Looks like minute of head at 100 yards. If the $hit hits the fan that's all the accuracy you'll need.
Looks like minute of head at 100 yards. If the $hit hits the fan that's all the accuracy you'll need!

General consensus is 2-2.5moa from the X95. Looks like a 2.5moa group aside from one flier at top-left which was probably just letting fundamentals slip for one shot.

General consensus is 2-2.5moa from the X95. Looks like a 2.5moa group aside from one flier at top-left which was probably just letting fundamentals slip for one shot.
yeah, i guess it is what it is. i had to play with the scope zeroing a bit, as it was grouping glock-style before :) - and then i got it grouping like that, 3 times, so, it is not a single glitch - it is pretty consistent. ok, i will keep it at that, it works fine, and rings 10" steel plate fine from standing up position.

You're also using Tula, so I'd say that's a good group
absolutely true. to be honest i did expect more from the 16" barrel - and it was a group from the rifle on the atlas bipod and stock on the bag, so, it was very stable.
but, it is not what i bought it for anyway, so, no issues or hard feelings. will see how the 18" LaRue stealth upper will perform when it arrives, eventually. plus, i should get my CMP .223 order with proper match grade rounds also.

Last edited:
absolutely true. to be honest i did expect more from the 16" barrel - and it was a group from the rifle on the atlas bipod and stock on the bag, so, it was very stable.
but, it is not what i bought it for anyway, so, no issues or hard feelings. will see how will 18" LaRue stealth will perform when it arrives, eventually. plus, i should get my CMP .223 order with proper match grade rounds also.
I can get a little bit tighter group using IMI 77 gr. Razor Core, which is just about the most accurate load for a 1:7 twist barrel, and I’m not a particularly good shot. 55 gr. bullets are not the best for a 1:7 barrel, though most 1:7 barrels will shoot them just as well as a 1:9 does. The idea is that the 55s are getting to the shorter end of bullet length that the faster twist rate can properly stabilize. Here is small chart by Jason Brown on twist rate vs. bullet weight:

Barrel Twist.jpg

The interesting thing is that the lighter bullet's performance in 1:7 twist barrels will actually degrade as the barrel length increases, since the longer barrel tends to “over-stabilize” the projectile.

I looked at those chinesium ACOG knockoffs. and figured, even if the thing sucked it would be decent on my 22
when I looked at the specs I noticed the eye relief was pretty low. youre gonna get nailed in the face with a rifle with any decent amount of recoil

I got the X95 because it seemed like a decent compact mulitpurpose rifle. Will know more when the weather gets nice and I can shoot it.
There are some 'gotchas' if you strip the thing and arent careful you can break stuff.
Guessing the 16" barrel one might like hotter ammo will see soon.

Back
Top Bottom