• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas couple finds M16s in storage cases purchased from govt surplus site

I knew a guy who found a mountain of cash and called it in… In theory hes supposed to get the money back.. I think that was like maybe 12 years ago.

That guy was a f***ing idiot

He was scared the owner would come looking… I’d take that risk

I knew a guy who found a mountain of cash and called it in… In theory hes supposed to get the money back.. I think that was like maybe 12 years ago.

Unless it was a money from a drug cartel. All they would find in bloody remains after they took the money back.

One would have thought, if you're packing, shipping empty cases the weight would give it away.
When moving batches of cases around on pallets, it is easy to miss a weight discrepancy.

Not quite as epic a story, but I bought a lot of eight packing cases from the Segway facility auction, described as "empty". These were mostly air transit cases used by service technicians (several still had luggage tags from transiting MHT or BOS).

7 were empty, one was... not.

As I was loading my purchase in my truck, an employee came up looking frazzled and asked if he could check the cases. Seems a laptop loaded with a $10,000 software package had gone missing, and they were desperate to find it.
ibvVn1V.jpg
OTx25Uf.jpg

I was nice enough to go through the cases with him before I left. No $10K laptop, just $1K in Bondhus and friends.

Same with the M16s. Underground cache on public land, with extra magazines and plenty of ammo would be a good place for them. Keep mouth shut. Wear gloves during cache preparation and burial. That cash you mentioned? Probably paid law school tuition for some cop's daughter.

now they will have fun with ATF proving that only 'some' cases had guns in them and not an every single case.
people here cannot live without snitching, and if they have no one to snitch on - they then snitch upon themselves.
it is fecking tradition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom