The Citizen's March on Washington for Gun Rights

Dennis, it looks like it's starting to gain momentum. Lots of gun sites getting involved, and hopefully getting organized.

Imagine if we could get a million people, and handle it correctly with permits and facilities!? Wow, it could be very powerful.

Dennis, it looks like it's starting to gain momentum. Lots of gun sites getting involved, and hopefully getting organized.

Imagine if we could get a million people, and handle it correctly with permits and facilities!? Wow, it could be very powerful.

Just imagining it makes me feel warm inside...

Sounds like an NES trip to me!

Best part is, by plane it is only about an hour and half. I'd take the time to save my gun rights and more so... those of my children.

Sounds like an NES trip to me!

Best part is, by plane it is only about an hour and half. I'd take the time to save my gun rights and more so... those of my children.

But it is not cheap by plane. I do that route and it costs between $500 (Tues-Thurs) & $800 (mon & fri) on weekdays. On weekends much cheaper ($100-$200) but they rarely schedule these for weekends because the press take days off too.

Depending on the time, the best plan of action is to drive or take the train. Driving is ~5-6 hours each way and the train is ~8 hours. No matter which way you cut it, it is a long day where you start out @ 4 AM and don't get back until near midnight. But it can be done. And done easier via car-pooling.

But it is not cheap by plane. I do that route and it costs between $500 (Tues-Thurs) & $800 (mon & fri) on weekdays. On weekends much cheaper ($100-$200) but they rarely schedule these for weekends because the press take days off too.

Depending on the time, the best plan of action is to drive or take the train. Driving is ~5-6 hours each way and the train is ~8 hours. No matter which way you cut it, it is a long day where you start out @ 4 AM and don't get back until near midnight. But it can be done. And done easier via car-pooling.

Last summer (07) I was doing that trip every week. Leave Monday at 5:45 from Bradley on Jet Blue (prior to going out of business) and fly back (from Dulles) Friday morning leaving around 10:00 a.m. It was a 1:10 flight direct to Hartford CT and it $89. round trip if you bought in advance which I did. They treated you well without the contrived happiness of South West and the price was great.

Why don't the gun owners of Massachusetts march on Beacon hill!!! We need to have our voices heard in this state. What would it take to organize?

And if every gun owner in the US marched on DC with a rifle or shotgun, then perhaps we could actually cause change, as I think there would be enough of us to constitute an Army.

We need to get a list going, maybe an email list or something. And it will be for those who are in and it'll let us know when to go and so on and so forth.

I'd definitely be there. If not a charter bus, we'd need to car pool at the very least. I can fit 7 in mine. Might be alittle cramped, but it would definitely be a good time. [smile]

noidlight said:
Why don't the gun owners of Massachusetts march on Beacon hill!!! We need to have our voices heard in this state.

Joking, yes?

About 10 years ago, we had 5000 on the Boston Common and most of us marched up the hill and visited our Reps.

They ignored us. Then passed Chap 180.

What would it take to organize?

However much you wish to pour down a rathole.

Joking, yes?

About 10 years ago, we had 5000 on the Boston Common and most of us marched up the hill and visited our Reps.

They ignored us. Then passed Chap 180.

However much you wish to pour down a rathole.

So what you are telling me is it's time for another march?

I am an Italian American, sir. I will not be ignored.

I'll go with you Noidlight. These boots were made for marching! We can even carpool and help save the environment at the same time :)

Shall we bring our "assault weapons", and make it a true act of civil disobedience?

Of course, it might mean we'll be late for work on Monday.

About time...

I have been wondering when people in this country were going to wake up and realize now is the time for action. We have seen the tactics of the other side and their ruthlessness and disregard for individual rights, and they will stop at nothing to take our liberty and freedom away. This is not just a battle for our gun rights; this is a battle for the soul of our nation, for a land that our future generations will inherit.

The time is now for national recognition, a platform so that the nation can see that we are determined not to waver or accept any form of restrictions. And this event has to be attended by EVERY single American who owns a firearm: For this to work, we need to show up in some of the largest numbers ever to peacefully march and protest in Washington.

This is a once in a lifetime civil rights event, to show the politicians who are bent on destroying our freedoms and the fabric of our country that we will never forget those who fought for our rights and gave the ultimate sacrifice: World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, The Wars in the Middle East. These men served with honor and dignity and stood up to defend The Constitution of the United States. Let their sacrifices not be in vain.

Soon, we all will bear witness to a man who will place his hand on the bible and solemnly swear to faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of his Ability, to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. We all need to take an oath to keep that man to his word. And if he believes in breaking the solemn oath, to further erode our individual rights, we all need to be willing to stand up for our rights as free men and execrise the freedoms that our forefathers gave us on September 17, 1787.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

It is time to rekindle that spark, the drive to be a free American, and to stand up for those inalienable rights once and for all! ON to Washington!

I'm up for it, provided it actually reaches something resembling actually happening. We could have an "NES" bus/caravan or something go down
there.

-Mike

OK. So we bring our guns?

NO, this is not a time for an armed conflict: This is a peaceful protest, a show of political force; a way to let everyone know that we are NOT going to allow our rights to be restricted. We will be marching in protest to any laws they plan to enact.

If the inevitable time comes, where our rights are stripped away with a stroke of a pen, when those of us who marched are now felons: That is when we all need to weigh whether it is better to live under oppression or...

Last summer (07) I was doing that trip every week. Leave Monday at 5:45 from Bradley on Jet Blue (prior to going out of business) and fly back (from Dulles) Friday morning leaving around 10:00 a.m. It was a 1:10 flight direct to Hartford CT and it $89. round trip if you bought in advance which I did. They treated you well without the contrived happiness of South West and the price was great.

Dulles is not DC and Hartford is not as convenient for many. BOS -> DCA was what I was referring to. Otherwise your use of MT is limited into DC so it requires a $30-$40 cab ride each way or rental car.

Back
Top Bottom