• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The GAS-OPERATED SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARMS EXCLUSION (GOSAFE) ACT introduced today

Blowback design is gas driven

I’m also saying gas driven but the flow chart says gas operated. PCCs are gas operated.

blowback uses the physical force of the barrel/chamber pushing back on the bolt/carrier. In a short recoil the barrel travels a short distance, unlocks from the bolt/carrier, and the bolt continues on it's own inertia. In a long recoil the barrel and bolt travel all the way back together then the barrel is released to return forward while the bolt is held back with the shell casing. The shell is ejected and when the barrel seats the bolt is then released to travel forward. Some smaller calipers do use a fixed non-locking barrel but there are limits because the weight of the bolt is all that is delaying its rearward movement. Anything more then a 380acp gets dicey.

In a gas operated there is a gas hole in the barrel and the gas is used to push the bolt back, the barrel is fixed in place. With direct impingement the gas itself pushed on the bolt, in a piston operated gun the gus pushes the piston and the piston pushed the both. The barrel is locked in place in both of these.
Blowback uses the force of the barrel and or chamber pushing back on the bolt/carrier?

I thought the result of the expanding gas pushed the action back.

The barrel and chamber isn’t pushing on anything in a blowback system. A blowback system is gas operated any way you look at it.

Went to the site, (via link from OP).

This f***ing toad is a United States Senator. Never heard of him, but he's just as bad as the NorthEast gungrabbers.

A member of U.S. Senate since 2012, Senator Heinrich serves as the chairman of the Joint Economic Committee. Senator Heinrich plays a role that allows him to promote policies that foster job creation through innovation and encourage the use of energy efficient technology. The committee consists of members from both the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives and helps provide citizens and lawmakers with critical information on the health of the U.S. economy and often examines how government can better work for the middle class.

Senator Heinrich serves on the Senate Appropriations Committee and as chairman of the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Subcommittee, which oversees funding for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, except for the U.S. Forest Service, the Farm Credit Administration, and the Food and Drug Administration. Senator Heinrich also serves on the following Appropriations Subcommittees: Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies; Energy and Water Development; Financial Services and General Government; and Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies (MILCON).

As the previous chairman of the Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies subcommittee, Heinrich has fought to ensure our military installations have all the modern facilities they need to execute their national security missions, and to secure all the resources and funding the VA needs to keep America's promise to our service members and their families when they return home as veterans.
Co-sponsored by Sen. King of Maine

Blowback uses the force of the barrel and or chamber pushing back on the bolt/carrier?

I thought the result of the expanding gas pushed the action back.

The barrel and chamber isn’t pushing on anything in a blowback system. A blowback system is gas operated any way you look at it.
troll, you can't be serious

GAS-OPERATED SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARMS EXCLUSION (GOSAFE) ACT

A really stupid idea, but at least they managed to shoe-horn it into an acronym that probably almost makes sense to people who have no clue.
On a side note about shoe-horning an acronym: I used to ride BMX in my 20s. I wasn’t pro, but I had an insanely good hook up from Odyssey. I would give them feedback on parts and I acted as sort of a brand ambassador. I also designed stuff. I designed one part, machined a few prototypes and they wanted to produce it. They wanted me to name it so I came up with “Peg Antirotation Chain Tensioner (P.A.C.T.) which was fitting since this formalized my relationship with the company.

Amazon product ASIN B00EAHEBZEView: https://www.amazon.com/ODYSSEY-PACT-BMX-CHAIN-TENSIONER/dp/B00EAHEBZE

The problem with all this crap is Washington Navy Yard shooting - Wikipedia
A pump action fixed magazine shotgun is just as dangerous as any scary "weapon of war". If they ban semi-auto guns,
they WILL then notice that pump shotguns and lever guns are just as dangerous and ban them as well. That is what Australia and Europe did.

Yeah, we know.

You guys all keep saying how dumb this proposal is but its the first time I have seen any so-called assault weapon ban that wasn’t written by a gun moron. It does exactly what the left would want and what we wouldnt…it doesnt leave a bunch of gaping loopholes for piston driven, non-AR, and/or featureless semiautos.

It’s unfortunately a template all the other Every Town dbag politicians will take note of.

Last edited:
We’re such schmoes..aren’t we supposed to #Resist? We’ll make pink p*ssy hats, color our hair blue, put on g strings and wave our dingleberries in little kids faces then use the wrong bathroom..they’ll be so estatic, they’ll forget all about the gun thing. And if they don’t, we can loot the local CVS whereby we’ll be released in no time anyway.

Please. These facking eedjits in DC can’t even agree a f***ing budget bill. This festering shitpile with the sexy title (lolz) will never get anywhere.

Only actual purpose is for one Maine douchenozzle to claim he did something and a bunch of other douchenozzles get to load up their campaign funds via empty promises to support or kill the aforementioned festering shitpile.

f*** all the politicians anally with a gas operated dildo.

They are not dumb. They know exactly what they are doing.
Agreed. But I don't think they are doing what many think they are.

They know that this hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting through the House. But they want to be able to use it during the next election cycle as ammunition against their opponents.
" My opponent did not support common sense gun laws to prevent mass shootings"
Political theater.

The senator from Maine had to do "something" because of the resent shooting in Maine. Got to look good for the voters
That POS took advantage of the dumb Mainers who 'want' to be conservative, but also want all the bene's that come with the Democrats. Almost every conversation I had with a Mainer started with how conservative they are, then all of a sudden their checks from the government weren't bad, the food stamps weren't bad, yada yada.

This already making rounds through to the Supreme Court yet?
The Supreme Court doesn't weigh in on proposed legislation.

They don't rule on anything unless it's passed......we live under it for years while the law suits get filed......and make the rounds thru the lower courts.

Bruen decision took many years.

On a side note about shoe-horning an acronym: I used to ride BMX in my 20s. I wasn’t pro, but I had an insanely good hook up from Odyssey. I would give them feedback on parts and I acted as sort of a brand ambassador. I also designed stuff. I designed one part, machined a few prototypes and they wanted to produce it. They wanted me to name it so I came up with “Peg Antirotation Chain Tensioner (P.A.C.T.) which was fitting since this formalized my relationship with the company.

Amazon product ASIN B00EAHEBZEView: https://www.amazon.com/ODYSSEY-PACT-BMX-CHAIN-TENSIONER/dp/B00EAHEBZE

Very cool.

I once invented a Harley-Davidson accessory. Being young and dumb, I sent them a prototype and asked if they wanted to buy my idea. I never heard back, but the next year they were selling them. Of course, I got nothing out of it but a sad story.

Please. These facking eedjits in DC can’t even agree a f***ing budget bill. This festering shitpile with the sexy title (lolz) will never get anywhere.

Only actual purpose is for one Maine douchenozzle to claim he did something and a bunch of other douchenozzles get to load up their campaign funds via empty promises to support or kill the aforementioned festering shitpile.

f*** all the politicians anally with a gas operated dildo.
Oh dear.....does this make me a disturbed individual because I liked this post?

A gas operated assault weapon used in gun violence!! Wow, the Left's new boogie man!

My wife always told me that when I drank too much Corona I became a gas operated weapon and was "banned" to the couch.....LOL.....
Give them credit for at least getting some terms right for a change.

Someone sold us out. Someone who knows about guns.

Back
Top Bottom