The prices you guys are charging for guns/ammo is absolute extortion

Lol even in current conditions at least for guns, only a few categories of guns are going at msrp.
I guess that has to do with lgs as well. If we talking new, the biggest change seems to be waiting time from manufacturer to me. Unless the manufacturer upped the msrp. But, ya most ammunition and common self defense guns have went up. Even though i did see an arsenal ak at a shop in maine for 1200.

I tthink they are just taking advantage of high demand .
The market dictates the price. Why on earth would you sell 1000 rounds of 5.56 for $300 when you can easily get $800 for it? You would literally have to be retarded to throw away $500 profit.

Yep, you heard me.
Save up for a couple months for a barely decent pre ban, and that's if you have a GOOD job.
What, are we dealing with Prussian Franks? Shit is ridiculous.

Jokes.

You seem to be somewhat new here, so let me help you out...

You are in the wrong place if you are expecting answers other than:
  • 'cuz capitalism
  • Free market!'
  • Don't like the price, don't buy it.
  • Should have stocked up 45 years ago.
  • If you don't have a 112 year supply you are doing it wrong.
  • You're not looking in the right place / don't have the right connections.
  • Yeah, back in the Sandy Hook days blah blah blah...
  • Other assorted bragging, shit-talking, and dick measuring.
I agree, shit is ridiculous and this one is WAY worse than previous situations. In past FUBAR episodes, there were shortages of the most popular rounds such as 9mm and 22LR and occasionally others, but with minimal effort you could find some. Other calibers were easy to find. Today, you are lucky if you can find 270 Remington or 220 Swift on the shelf- basically even the total Fudd rounds are out of stock. All those first time or want to be first time gun owners? They're facing the toughest buyer's market ever. Some of the firearms manufacturers have at least invested a little in expanding capacity, but the ammo/components industry has dug in its heels and will only make as much as they can with existing facilities & labor. Meanwhile, the price gougers flood the classifieds with their ridiculous offers.

Despite all the expected shit-talking regarding this situation, NES at its core is a solid community for those who stick around and make friends. Between all the ball busting, we help each other out. Another way to make connections is to be active at your local club and/or participate in competitions. I know if I were running out of primers and was having trouble loading up for upcoming matches, there are a few folks who would sell me a sleeve or maybe even a box at a normal price if not at their cost. I'd do the same. The good news is that it seems I'm seeing more classifieds 'bumps' with price reductions for various things. If the worst is not over, I think we are at least at the peak. Have lots of patience and make some friends- you'll do OK getting what you want.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no sympathy unless OP is 21 years old. So many people that were running around in pink hats in Priuses are now panicked bc they see the world they've created without seeing they did so. Now they want ltcs and ARs, not that they'd ever admit that to their friends over a soy cold brew that they drink without a straw under their masks at Starbs. I get the calls from such people all the time looking for advice. That tapping in the background is me looking at your bernie and biden posts on Facebook.

If the shit ever hits the fan, you guys will be laughing at how cheap the prices are right now. Keep that in mind, it can be worse.
Wait, I thought we were supposed to make fun of the SHTF folks? [tinfoil]

Kidding aside, for sure it could be worse. However, I don't recall the prior events lasting as long nor having such broad shortages as this one. Let's hope we are at least at the peak for this round. Rumors of Independence Day unrest might further fuel the shortage, but after that my bet is on improved supply.

Yep, you heard me.
Save up for a couple months for a barely decent pre ban, and that's if you have a GOOD job.
What, are we dealing with Prussian Franks? Shit is ridiculous.

Jokes.

Let's say I bought GameStop stock last year at $20/share. It's selling today today over $175/share.

Am I a scumbag for offering it for sale at $175? Should I maybe sell it for $40/share so I don't appear to be predatory? Would you sell GameStop stock for far less than market value under these conditions for the sake of appearances?

Is there any difference between selling ammo/firearms and selling GameStop stock at today's elevated prices?

You seem to be somewhat new here, so let me help you out...

You are in the wrong place if you are expecting answers other than:
  • 'cuz capitalism
  • Free market!'
  • Don't like the price, don't buy it.
  • Should have stocked up 45 years ago.
  • If you don't have a 112 year supply you are doing it wrong.
  • You're not looking in the right place / don't have the right connections.
  • Yeah, back in the Sandy Hook days blah blah blah...
  • Other assorted bragging, shit-talking, and dick measuring.
I agree, shit is ridiculous and this one is WAY worse than previous situations. In past FUBAR episodes, there were shortages of the most popular rounds such as 9mm and 22LR and occasionally others, but with minimal effort you could find some. Other calibers were easy to find. Today, you are lucky if you can find 270 Remington or 220 Swift on the shelf- basically even the total Fudd rounds are out of stock. All those first time or want to be first time gun owners? They're facing the toughest buyer's market ever. Some of the firearms manufacturers have at least invested a little in expanding capacity, but the ammo/components industry has dug in its heels and will only make as much as they can with existing facilities & labor. Meanwhile, the price gougers flood the classifieds with their ridiculous offers.

Despite all the expected shit-talking regarding this situation, NES at its core is a solid community for those who stick around and make friends. Between all the ball busting, we help each other out. Another way to make connections is to be active at your local club and/or participate in competitions. I know if I were running out of primers and was having trouble loading up for upcoming matches, there are a few folks who would sell me a sleeve or maybe even a box at a normal price if not at their cost. I'd do the same. The good news is that it seems I'm seeing more classifieds 'bumps' with price reductions for various things. If the worst is not over, I think we are at least at the peak. Have lots of patience and make some friends- you'll do OK getting what you want.

I just acquired (2) MEC presses, 20GA and 12GA. John gave them to me because he's not loading those gauges any more, (he's focusing on 28 and .410).

I've got a shipment of 20GA hulls coming in next week. Private sale through a Mewe group. At the same time, a friend of a friend is dropping off a couple hundred hulls on his way to Savannah because "friend of a friend".

A buddy up in CT is holding onto 3K of primers for me. A mutual friend told me a couple of months ago that Joe had some for sale at non-rape prices. I pinged him, told him I'd be up in May or June and asked him to hold onto some for me; they're sitting on a shelf with my name on them.

I'm bringing a couple hundred extra .38SPCL and (2) BuckMarks up with me after talking to my friend Mike. He's low on .38 and looking for a BuckMark. He's cash poor, but we'll work something out.

It's all about friends and networking - some IRL and some via the internet. Sometimes they overlap, as in when I met Dave Draper up at Mass State IDPA.

Wait, I thought we were supposed to make fun of the SHTF folks? [tinfoil]

Kidding aside, for sure it could be worse. However, I don't recall the prior events lasting as long nor having such broad shortages as this one. Let's hope we are at least at the peak for this round. Rumors of Independence Day unrest might further fuel the shortage, but after that my bet is on improved supply.
The # of nipplehead buyers is unprecedented/off the chart. Eventually once those rubes are sated or wallets burned out, supply will return but demand is going to be constant enough to keep prices shit.

All bets are off depending upon whether or not sleepy joe runs his mouth about guns.

Prices are completely fine. Why, I'll sell you a Classic Shield (gen 1) in 9mm for $800. These are RARE in MA! Preban of the next ban!

My buddy in AZ works at a huge pawn shop, he's their resident FFL, has stock on the shelves, including ammo, and the guns are moving fast but not down to empty stock level. Ammo prices are about as high as here but he's still selling sub $500 handguns. He did say he has a lot more oddball guns than your standard self defense pistols, lots of Desert Eagles and such, vs. Glock 19s.

One thing people are also forgetting is like 95% of the state doesn’t know how to rope Glocks into MA, at least the newer Gen 3-5. (I know gen 4s are discontinued but you can find them once in a while). You’re not just paying for the gun, you pay for the knowledge of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom