This is not good.

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
from the S&W forum:
http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/500103904/m/7011076613

Perry Man Buys Gun at Show, Shoots Children

http://www.13wmaz.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080804/NEWS01/80804037

Perry Police say they're working to piece together the events that led a father to shoot his two sons, then himself.

Chief George Potter says they don't know what triggered the shooting spree, but called it "methodically" planned.

Chief Potter says 36-year-old Michael Hill was a truck driver, who was separated from his wife and sons. He took his 7 and 10 year old boys to dinner and a movie Thursday night, according to Potter.

Saturday, Potter said Hill killed his sons, then himself.

Potter says Hill was supposed to pick-up his boys from his mother's and step-fathers Pine Ridge home Saturday afternoon. Before he got there, Potter says Hill bought a nine-millimeter handgun at a Macon gun show.

He then bought shooting-style earmuffs from the Perry Wal-Mart.

When he arrived at the house, Potter says Hill told the boys to put on the earmuffs while they played a video game.
Then, he shot them in the back of the head.

Next, he shot his step-father in the chest and fired at his wife as she ran out the front door. Hill used the last bullet to kill himself.

Neighbors say they're stunned.

Next door neighbor Jeff McCuan said, "I'm just upset about the boys, the boys getting killed like that. That shouldn't happen. I usually see things coming. I didn't see that coming."

Amanda Sims grew up on Pine Ridge. She said, "It's awful. It really upset me, because kids don't deserve that. It's just awful."

Potter says there are no prior reports of domestic violence between Michael Hill and his wife. Potter says Bonnie Hill had asked her husband for a divorce.

Michael Hill's 64-year-old stepfather Andrew Hill is still in the hospital. Bonnie Hill was treated and released after being shot twice in the leg and once in the back.

7-year-old Michael Hill was supposed to start school at Perry Primary Monday. His brother 10-year-old Richard Hill planned to attend Tucker Elementary.

The children enrolled in Houston County schools after moving to Perry from Florida.

xxxxxxxxx more from the poster xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This guy evidently posted in the Swap and Sell section of the Georgia Outdoor News Forum late last week, trying to buy a handgun. He represented himself as a truck driver who needed a gun for protection. He first said he did not have a GA DL, but did have a FL dl. I read his posts when they first went up, and immediately thought something was fishy. Several members responded to his posts, but it seems that everyone was very wary. One member says he reported the odd posts to the administrators. One member said the guy called him at work wanting to buy a gun the member had advertised, but he just didn't feel comfortable about it, so he didn't agree to a meet.

Here is the thread that is running on GON now.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=224687

I guess this illustrates how we need to be very careful about with whom we are doing business. I have bought a couple of guns through that forum, and sold one. I would not sell, though, to a brand new member on that or any other forum. I don't know if he bought the gun from a dealer or an individual at the show. I think I read where he bought from an individual. News reports said he had no prior record, so the only thing to have kept him from buying from a dealer would have been the fact he wasn't a GA resident.

I believe the only way I would do a transaction now would be through FFL to FFl, or if a GA resident let me make a copy of his DL and Georgia Firearms License. I'm sure this is going to put a lot of pressure on the gun shows.

That anti's will run with this but they fail to realize no law, gun law, or gun ban would have stopped this guy from murdering.

the guy had no record, restraining orders on him or past mental health issues...

no gun laws would have prevented him from doing what he did... no matter where he bough the gun...

very sad... two young boys killed for one bastards on selfishness. [sad2]

i can only hope that he spends an eternity in hell.

[angry] makes me wish people like this were targets at the end of the range. [sad2]

Of course the anti-s will use this as a reason to try to get stricter gun laws, when this guy could have just as easily run down the kids with his truck.

I will never understand why if someone is so miserable that they want to die, why not just kill themselves?
they always need to take the whole family with them...

the kids and wife might have been having a decent life and NOT want to die.

That anti's will run with this but they fail to realize no law, gun law, or gun ban would have stopped this guy from murdering.

Any psycho intent on murdering will use anything and everything available to accomplish the goal. Could be kitchen knives, a hammer, axe, tire iron, golf club, baseball bat, garden hoe, etc. etc. etc. The antis', of course, ignore this.

I will never understand why if someone is so miserable that they want to die, why not just kill themselves?
they always need to take the whole family with them...

the kids and wife might have been having a decent life and NOT want to die.

Exactly how I feel...take yourself out....not the kids. shit like this makes me ill.

I admit I haven't been paying as close attention the past few years as I should have, but does anyone else think there are a few more of these incidents than average since the Heller decision?

No, I'm not suggesting people are wigging out because of it, but the conspiracy theorist in me is wondering about knolls. Could some of the anti crowd be so sick as to do these things at this particular time for their own gain?

Abraham Lincoln once said (not a direct quote, but it is the best to my recollection), 'The toughest thing to stop is someone willing to die for their cause.'

Truley sad. Of course all the anti's will miss the real issue and just try to go after an inanimate object ... again.

The mother's grief is just unimaginable right now. How does one justify THE most cruel act that can be done to a parent. No child or parent is deserving of such treatment.
Rest assured the father is going to his comeuppance upon judgment day.

That POS is reaping his 'reward' right now. I can't imagine what agony that mother is going through right now. I hope and pray I never have to expirience the loss of a child.

Any psycho intent on murdering will use anything and everything available to accomplish the goal. Could be kitchen knives, a hammer, axe, tire iron, golf club, baseball bat, garden hoe, etc. etc. etc. The antis', of course, ignore this.

Whenever they do that I bring up banning cars, pools, and bathtubs. They "kill" a lot more children than guns. But it seems that no one is willing to give up driving, swimming or bathing "for the children".

I admit I haven't been paying as close attention the past few years as I should have, but does anyone else think there are a few more of these incidents than average since the Heller decision?

No, I'm not suggesting people are wigging out because of it, but the conspiracy theorist in me is wondering about knolls. Could some of the anti crowd be so sick as to do these things at this particular time for their own gain?
It's just that the coverage of such examples is being ramped up.

No, not Heller. They always seem to increase during Presidential elections.
Bingo!! That's why it being ramped up.

The mother's grief is just unimaginable right now. How does one justify THE most cruel act that can be done to a parent. No child or parent is deserving of such treatment.
Rest assured the father is going to his comeuppance upon judgment day.
Her grief is the reason that I suspect for him doing what he did.

Back
Top Bottom