This just in from Baker, UPDATE #53

Has anyone heard back from Charlie yet? I have recieved nothing so far in response to my email

I've pretty much written him off at this point.

It's not like he hasn't had plenty of chances. He hasn't taken them. Even if we get him to say something sensible now, what are the odds he'll remember/follow through when it matters?

I haven't received a reply either. Originally e-mailed him on the 9th.

I re-sent my e-mail with an addendum to the top.

If this still fails, then I will send him an e-mail EVERYDAY until he does!

I haven't received a reply either. Originally e-mailed him on the 9th.

I re-sent my e-mail with an addendum to the top.

If this still fails, then I will send him an e-mail EVERYDAY until he does!

I wouldn't bother.

Take whatever your original email was, and send it as a real letter, with return address. You'll have much better luck.

You know what?
This has just inspired me to write Baker myself. Not only do I wanna see if he tries giving me the same response as Madball, but hopefully he will have changed his tune.

I'm sure if there are enough of us that write to him, he will get with the program. May write Mihos while I'm at it. Got nothing else to do

I had written an email to CB a while back (pre this thread) and got the same answer. I think it may have even been word for word. So what you get probably will be the same. If you have not written him yet mention that 10,000 NES members will see this response. We will then know if he is responding or sending a generic response.

He still has time

I sent a notification to Richard Tisei. He is A+ rated by GOAL. There is nothing on the GOAL website about Baker. I thought about posting a comment on his facebook but decided not to.

I wrote to him asking questions about his stance on 2A and got the same answer as the OP did, word for word.

he lost my vote.

he snubbed a reporter the other day regarding an issue he shoule have addressed, instead he gave the reported
a look that would indicate the reporter is stupid and their question is not important.

not very polite in my opinion. ANd now with these rubber stamp replies, he's a write off.

JimB

I sent a notification to Richard Tisei. He is A+ rated by GOAL. There is nothing on the GOAL website about Baker. I thought about posting a comment on his facebook but decided not to.

THIS might actually be a good way to go. It gets lots of exposure, and would require an answer if he wants that block of voters.

From Richard Tisei: Hi - we have talked about it a number of times and he is pretty good on the issue. We went to the sportsman board meeting in Auburn last weekend and spent more than an hour talking about a whole host of issues and everyone seemed really pleased with him. You may want to check in with some of those folks for feedback but it was all good.

Did anyone attend this?

Just got back from a vacation and my girlfriends comp is out of commision so I've been away for a week. Checked my e-mail, and got the same response as the OP.

This bugs me, but I'm not writing him off.

As of right now he or aides are sending off these cookie-cutter responses but soon, they won't be able to let it slide. They are gonna realize that they have to answer to this more concisely.

Also, if some of you are writing him off....who are you gonna vote for then? I'll take someone who votes the way I want on issues 75% of the time compared to someone who votes the way I want 0% of the time.

I'm gonna be sending him another e-mail and inform him and his campaign that on the internet somewhere, there is a discussion going on about his crappy, copied answer.

May not make a difference, but it's something

i had sent him this on his facebook page a couple weeks back:

"I am disappointed in your “copy and paste” responses to important issues I, as well as others, have received from you. Questions from the voters are important to their decision on whether or not they want to vote for you. Using a generic response, word for word mind you, to questions like this will not get you ...votes. In case you forgot, Massachusetts spoke up against this type of dodgy politics when we voted in Scott Brown. Get a clue. You have lost my vote in this election due to not taking a few minutes in answering my question in your own words."

and his response:

" I remember your question on the second amendment and drafted the response myself, like I do all of the questions sent into the campaign. If you need additional follow-up please feel free to ask and I'll answer anything you want to know. Thanks Chris"

This bugs me, but I'm not writing him off.

The longer you give him before writing him off, the less ability you'll have to find an alternative.

As of right now he or aides are sending off these cookie-cutter responses but soon, they won't be able to let it slide. They are gonna realize that they have to answer to this more concisely.

Why? What are you going to do if he doesn't, vote for Deval?

Even if he did release something now, what makes you think it would mean anything? He's already showed us that he doesn't care about this issue, and isn't interested in our rights. All you can hope to get out of him now is some smoke blown up your nether regions. Especially if you say that you'll vote for him whether he deigns to respond to your concerns or not.

Christy Mihos is pro 2nd Amendment
Christy is all done. He is bouncing checks to his campaign committee. His convenience stores have at least $600k in overdue bills to vendors, and he's being sued as a result. Christy hasn't paid some of his campaign staff and they are bailing as a result.

Even if Christy had a well financed campaign, he'd have no chance.

Even if we assume Mihos is out. we have to get Cahill to drop out or get Baker to drop out, in order to have a chance against Uhaul. Uhaul has enough solid moonbat districts left to get the 30-ish percent required to win, in a three or four way race.

-Mike

Even if we assume Mihos is out. we have to get Cahill to drop out or get Baker to drop out, in order to have a chance against Uhaul. Uhaul has enough solid moonbat districts left to get the 30-ish percent required to win, in a three or four way race.
I agree completely. A 3-way race works to Patrick's advantage.

Mihos's finanical problems

The news keeps coming from Christy's campaign:

Mihos committee bounces $2,500 check
By Frank Phillips
Globe Staff / February 27, 2010

Republican gubernatorial candidate Christy Mihos’s political finances continue to bog down in campaign finance irregularities, this time with news of a $2,500 bounced check written by his political committee to a former consultant and Mihos’s use of his personal funds to correct the matter.

Mihos’s former policy adviser, Lawrence A. Overlan, said the final paycheck he received from the Mihos committee this month was returned because its accounts could not cover the amount. Overlan provided a copy of the Feb. 2 check that is stamped by the bank with the notation “not sufficient funds.’’

Overlan said when he confronted the candidate last week, Mihos then gave him two checks from his personal bank account totaling $2,500.

State campaign finance law requires all payments for campaign expenses be made through a candidate’s committee bank account. The law also prohibits a committee from writing checks that cannot be covered by the funds in its account.

The Globe reported last week that Mihos had bounced a $20,000 personal check, written to his committee.

Full text here: http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...010/02/27/mihos_committee_bounces_2500_check/

The sooner Mihos crawls back under a rock, the better.

Update:

Got a friend who is close to his campaign and Charlie will not commit to 2A in order to garner 200,000-300,000 votes while potentially voiding 1 million independent votes. it a numbers game and it sucks.

I'm told if Charlie gets in he won't make anything worse with 2A. His running Lt. Governor i hear is a Pro-2A guy and gay, so maybe that's the gun and gay vote.

Last edited:
Mihos needs to just quit.

Even with him gone, there is very strong potential for Cahill and Baker to end up splitting the non moonbat vote.... and if one of them can't put up numbers that will beat U-haul's 35% (or whatever it is) then we're screwed. I agree though that Mihos needs to go at this point. Even if he only draws off 5% that's still enough to increase the likelihood that U-haul will win again.

-Mike

Last edited:
Even with him gone, there is very strong potential for Cahill and Baker to end up splitting the non moonbat vote.... and if one of them can't put up numbers that will beat U-haul's 35% (or whatever it is) then we're screwed. I agree though that Mihos needs to go at this point. Even if he only draws off 5% that's still enough to increase the likelihood that U-haul will win again.

-Mike

I would have to say Deval is looking good right now (unfortunately). I do not trust Cahill as far as I could throw him, but he is saying all the right things. BUT, if he really believed what he is spewing right now, he would have left the party years ago.

Also, he had a nice little pension scandal in his past that typifies what I dislike about government.

I think Baker is just the lesser of three (or four) evils. Typical Mass RINO, and certainly no Scott Brown. That said, he will get my vote.

Update:

Got a friend who is close to his campaign and Charlie will not commit to 2A in order to garner 200,000-300,000 votes while potentially voiding 1 million independent votes. it a numbers game and it sucks.

I'm told if Charlie gets in he won't make anything worse with 2A. His running Lt. Governor i hear is a Pro-2A guy and gay, so maybe that's the gun and gay vote.

This sounds like the old, "I'm on your side, I just can't tell anyone that" ploy. A standard of some politicians, it is a signal to be wary.

This sounds like the old, "I'm on your side, I just can't tell anyone that" ploy. A standard of some politicians, it is a signal to be wary.

Absolutely, like i told my friend i will most likely vote for him but it's not going to stop me from screaming and hollering about it.

I think that with three people running, Deval's re-election is nearly a shoe-in.

It's very likely that the split of the 'anyone but Deval vote' will hand him another term.

Back
Top Bottom