Time for a .45

Just a note here in repsonse to someone saying the grip angle on the P220 is akward, grip angle is very much a personal thing. When I bought my P220 I really wanted a HK USP 45, but it dod not feel right in my hand. That is why I went with the P220, because it fits MY hand perfect, and that is what matters. Sights are trijicon so they are very effective. Don't mind the weight, cause I carry the P232 if it is bothering me!

PistolPete said:
If you are buying a .45 and it isn't a 1911 then you're wasting your money...
Pete

Boy, will I disagree with that. Nothing like a real nice S&W 625 or an older 25-2 if you can find one.
GAMEGUNS007.jpg

Now that's a nice pair of 45s

No brass to chase, don't have to count past 6, and when you have it mastered, you are the envy of your peers. ( I am looking forward to that part)

regards,

Last edited:
Gary, I was waiting for that reply. I have to confess, I didn't see anything I liked in revolvers until I shot with some round gunners and tried one of Gary's actions.

About how much would you expect to pay for a 625 or 25-2? Are some versions of the 625 better than others (referring to the various years and dashes)?

[Split this thread if it drifts too far from the original topic]

Gary,
I'll confess to having an 25-2. I got it before they stopped making them. I will say, that I like the wood Hogue grips much better than the rubber or plastic versions. I got mine from Mr Hogue out in Barry, Ill. The wood is Pau Ferro, forgive the spelling if my memory of it isn't correct. The revolver hasn't seen much use though, and NO, I don't want to sell it!!! :)

ChristosX - Unless I missed it, you haven't said what you're going to do with the .45. CCW or Target/Competition, that will have a definite factor on which .45 you will purchase.

Just to bring the discussion back around, I guess I'm going to do everything with my future .45 EXCEPT CCW. Target/Compete, maybe home defense. I know that I won't CCW because I have other equipment better suited for that purpose.

Regards,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom