• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Today's "Listening Tour" in Fall River

I think a lot of people have given up the cause and that is why low attendance.

It does seem as though Rep Naughton has some regrets on signing up for these hearings. He was very outspoken about making certain no one could complain that they were not allowed to have a voice and that is what scares me most - who is his intended audience for the that statement. The glimmer of hope is a story he shared about his time in the middle east where he stated they knew who the problems were and could see the local activity uptick within a few days of the troublemakers being release from detention.
Given up on the cause? Yeah, that just about sums up my personal feelings. Compared to MA, New York State has many more gun owners because owning a long gun there (except in the backed-up septic tank officially known as NYC) does not even require a permit, unlike MA which requires an FID. If New York gun owners can have travesties such as the "SAFE Act" literally rammed up their asses like some type of punishment enema, then how can we think that we are safe? Our numbers are fewer and the percentage of legal gun owners vs. the non-gun-owning liberals is also less. Children are being brainwashed that guns are evil. If a spent .22 rimfire cartridge is found in a school, the whole place goes into lockdown, cops are called, K9 units search the buildings, kids are confined to their classrooms, etc. What the hell do we expect? The so-called "Greatest Generation" is slowly dying off. I remember my father telling me that he used to shoot rats with his friends at the Lawrence dump, using .22 caliber rifles. The rifles and ammo did not require FIDs or LTCs back in those days. The cops used to chat with them and actually cheer them on! Imagine that happening today? Dad is 87 now and his mind is failing. He is a WW II vet and their numbers are decreasing daily. No, this state has been thoroughly wussified and I do not see much hope. I am moving to Alabama in a few years, before my current FID expires. Leave this s**thole to the moonbat liberals.

$100 a plate listening tours? Is that what we have been doing wrong? We get bad laws because we don't tip well?

Well, it is MA I guess that makes sense... Bulger for governor! [laugh]

I thought someone from here show up to the 'fundraiser' and determined that it was not one of these listening tour things but a schmoozefest for donors (ie a legit fundraiser)? I wonder if what would happen if a bunch of us pro 2a showed up and paid the $100, maybe that is what we are doing wrong, we don't understand the pay-to-play [laugh]

With respect to having given up, there are still a bunch who think nothing will happen. I was at Bass Pro Shops on Friday and the clerk was talking to a customer about the bills and what they would mean. I piped up and suggested that the guy write his legislators and attend a hearing, and he declined, saying, "they won't pass any of that crap".

I had to walk away right then.

With respect to having given up, there are still a bunch who think nothing will happen. I was at Bass Pro Shops on Friday and the clerk was talking to a customer about the bills and what they would mean. I piped up and suggested that the guy write his legislators and attend a hearing, and he declined, saying, "they won't pass any of that crap".

what a dumbass. My god. Guys like him are our own worst enemies.

I would have asked him: "If that's the case, how did MA get to where it is regarding gun rights?"

i don't know about these other ones, but the leominster one was a bullshit set-up. it was a moonbat fundraiser with a $100 "donation" announced last-minute... or when they figured out community members were going to attend. no way in hell was i going to toss money at these domestic enemies of the constitution.

Does GOAL know about that?

It was a Public hearing, you probably didn't have to make a donation.

Pretty smart Democrats, we will ask for a donation of $100.00. If any one complains we will say it was a donation not required.

I will be going to my local one for free or will get arrested trying to get in.

Does GOAL know about that?

It was a Public hearing, you probably didn't have to make a donation.

Pretty smart Democrats, we will ask for a donation of $100.00. If any one complains we will say it was a donation not required.

I will be going to my local one for free or will get arrested trying to get in.

they know. a GOAL rep was in the thread.

My read of that was that it was confused. The $100 was supposed to be a fund raiser and not part of the listening tour.
I would tell them to forget it. When I got my first FID back in January, 1979, it only cost $2 and was supposed to be good for life unless suspended or revoked. The our esteemed liberal legislators (specifically, a lezzbo named Cheryl Jacques), screwed us over real good and raised the FID to $100 every six years. I would tell them that I could not afford it because I had the spend the C-note to renew my FID recently.

the NRA doesn't give two shits or a single **** about MA, either. that's why i no longer support them, too.
The truth is that they do and they understand that we are among several "patient zero" candidates for the epidemic of gun control. The problem is that MA politics don't respond like federal politics. They are a total fish out of water in a state that has a long and storied history of corruption, nepotism, patronage and in a good year is just a "boys club" of "legal" back scratching and progressive pander politics.

Honestly, right now, Bacon Hill is "cleaner" than it has been in 50 years, but that is not saying too much and progressive pander politics is a powerful force of misinformation.

NRA's message and approach don't work here whether we like it or not. Which is why we need to either remove the boys club or work with it (or give up and leave).

As for Naughton's A+, it is based on a survey before they vote and their record afterward, so it remains to be seen, but clearly he is starting to learn that trust is earned and can be lost, but he has not yet voted in such a way to lose it.

By all means, I encourage everyone to call, write, visit and make it clear to him that he needs to "choose wisely", but GOAL is not the bad guy here. GOAL has been lobbying like no lobby has lobbied before in the wake of this nonsense. Ratings of legislators is always a tricky business, but to do anything useful, it needs the backing of a large, vocal, active membership which can be weileded towards those who say the "right things" and then do the opposite.

The truth is that they do and they understand that we are among several "patient zero" candidates for the epidemic of gun control. The problem is that MA politics don't respond like federal politics. They are a total fish out of water in a state that has a long and storied history of corruption, nepotism, patronage and in a good year is just a "boys club" of "legal" back scratching and progressive pander politics.

Honestly, right now, Bacon Hill is "cleaner" than it has been in 50 years, but that is not saying too much and progressive pander politics is a powerful force of misinformation.

NRA's message and approach don't work here whether we like it or not. Which is why we need to either remove the boys club or work with it (or give up and leave).

As for Naughton's A+, it is based on a survey before they vote and their record afterward, so it remains to be seen, but clearly he is starting to learn that trust is earned and can be lost, but he has not yet voted in such a way to lose it.

By all means, I encourage everyone to call, write, visit and make it clear to him that he needs to "choose wisely", but GOAL is not the bad guy here. GOAL has been lobbying like no lobby has lobbied before in the wake of this nonsense. Ratings of legislators is always a tricky business, but to do anything useful, it needs the backing of a large, vocal, active membership which can be weileded towards those who say the "right things" and then do the opposite.

i just hope things don't slide in the wrong direction, it sure looks like they could. i don't need to say it because my opinion is obvious--but the rating out to be re-evaluated and changed. i wish i had personal experience with this man to add--but i wasn't going to cough up the $100 at the shit show in leominster.

i've got the vocal part down, but i need to know where to direct it. i really want to see GOAL succeed here, but i really want to see what they are up to as well. ignoring this man could prove disastrous.

i just hope things don't slide in the wrong direction, it sure looks like they could. i don't need to say it because my opinion is obvious--but the rating out to be re-evaluated and changed. i wish i had personal experience with this man to add--but i wasn't going to cough up the $100 at the shit show in leominster.

i've got the vocal part down, but i need to know where to direct it. i really want to see GOAL succeed here, but i really want to see what they are up to as well. ignoring this man could prove disastrous.
No one is being ignored...

A for where to direct it, right now, the committee members. Your reps as well as getting phone calls from other elected critters is even better than us rabble.

If GOAL were to re-evaluate the rating, what would they base it on? All Naughton has said is that he will introduce a "comprehensive" bill. I'm not holding my breath but there's still a chance the bill will be a net positive for us. If the bill he submits is a big shit show, GOAL shouldn't hesitate to regrade him as F- but until we see the bill, there's nothing to go on.

As for the $100/person event, GOAL sent something out on the mistaken impression it was part of the listening tour. It wasn't.

If GOAL were to re-evaluate the rating, what would they base it on? All Naughton has said is that he will introduce a "comprehensive" bill. I'm not holding my breath but there's still a chance the bill will be a net positive for us. If the bill he submits is a big shit show, GOAL shouldn't hesitate to regrade him as F- but until we see the bill, there's nothing to go on.

As for the $100/person event, GOAL sent something out on the mistaken impression it was part of the listening tour. It wasn't.
GOAL sent out an email based on Naughton's email/information which was later clarified.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom