• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turkey hunter in Florida gets attacked by panther.

Florida fish & game probably says they don’t exist. Must be one of “escaped pets” like the mountain lions that supposedly don’t exist hearabouts.

Panthers don't worry me, it is the free roaming Florida Cougar that is the problem..... I was mauled by one at a concert one night, after that I always made sure my wife or female companion (with permission of course) went with me to see a band.

Florida fish & game probably says they don’t exist. Must be one of “escaped pets” like the mountain lions that supposedly don’t exist hearabouts.
Florida panthers are definitely acknowledged by Florida F&G...Mass F&G won't acknowledge possible local cougars because they'd then have to manage them...

Son Scott in NH called turkeys from behind his house the other day just to see if they were around. Four deer came. Jack.

Meh. I call my dog, and deer come. I'm infested with the damn things, and I'm in MetroWest. [laugh]
Of course, all I get is the deer. The dog is NOT bright (or is a genius, and is tricking me).

Florida panthers are definitely acknowledged by Florida F&G...Mass F&G won't acknowledge possible local cougars because they'd then have to manage them...

This, again? Show me one example in the last century where brown shirts (ie game wardens)have turned down federal dollars and expanded management responsibilities? None ever.

The real reason MA DCR, or NH for that matter, doesnt list themnis because there has been NO documented evidence of a local, breeding, population. Possible roaming cats? Sure, but that is not enough to be considered living here. No conspiracy, it really is that simple.

Well then we'd have to pay for their health care when they go to Spring Break in Miami and catch the Coronavirus while trying to pick up college-aged boys. MA does not acknowledge in-state cougars at all for this very reason. They just bait them with Marlboros and Mike's Hard Lemonade and relocate them to New Jersey.

This, again? Show me one example in the last century where brown shirts (ie game wardens)have turned down federal dollars and expanded management responsibilities? None ever.

The real reason MA DCR, or NH for that matter, doesnt list themnis because there has been NO documented evidence of a local, breeding, population. Possible roaming cats? Sure, but that is not enough to be considered living here. No conspiracy, it really is that simple.
i don't have a dog in this fight...Mass is a small densely developed state, it wouldn't seem possible to me...but i know a couple of contacts around Quabbin that swear sightings, could be an odd roaming cat or something but the number of big cats in Mass is not zero...

i don't have a dog in this fight...Mass is a small densely developed state, it wouldn't seem possible to me...but i know a couple of contacts around Quabbin that swear sightings, could be an odd roaming cat or something but the number of big cats in Mass is not zero...

There are BIG sections of Mass that are not densely developed, and animals are everywhere. Black bears have been in in Brookline, and coyotes have been shot in the Back Bay of Boston.

I'm not saying that the Dover Demon is still around, but we have plenty of wildlife, where I am in MetroWest.

Nobody has said that big cats dont show up here occasionally. But there is no permanent breeding population. It would become extremely obvious if there were.

Back
Top Bottom