• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turkish M1911A1's for the Civilian Marksmanship Program

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Would seem that the CMP has partnered with Tisas to produce WWII 1911A1 museum grade reproductions that will be exclusively sold by the CMP. The 1911 will have a CMP stamp on it as well. This will be the first commercially produced firearm being exclusively made for the CMP.

Would seem the CMP isn't on it's last gasp as predicted by some. Though I doubt we'll be able to buy one here in MA......

I have met Gerry O'keefe several times at the CMP games matches in Butner, North Carolina and at Camp Ethan Allen, Vermont. Super friendly, very approachable, forward thinking and always looking for competitor/shooter input. A complete turn around from the previous CEO ( just my opinion ) The CMP has to realize that the M1 supply will eventually run out so it seems they are branching out into other firearms market place to keep the wheels turning so to speak. We need to keep new and Jr. shooters growing in the training/safety an competition of the shooting sports

Would seem that the CMP has partnered with Tisas to produce WWII 1911A1 museum grade reproductions that will be exclusively sold by the CMP. The 1911 will have a CMP stamp on it as well. This will be the first commercially produced firearm being exclusively made for the CMP.

Would seem the CMP isn't on it's last gasp as predicted by some. Though I doubt we'll be able to buy one here in MA......

I’m deeply offended.

Who said the CMP was on its last gasp? Firearm sales are a very small part of what they do, and only as a revenue source for their marksmanship mission.

Lol apparently someone there waa reading one if my posts when I stated that most people would be better served buying a turkatron repro vs a clapped out lend lease gun. It's actually a smart move on their part.

Not selling the surplus 1911A1’s to MA is an Army requirement. The Army will have no say over the Tisas pistols.

They could still legally sell them to MA residents and have them shipped to a MA FFL. The Army only cared about not shipping to C&Rs. They chose/choose not to lawfully ship to MA dealers.

And since C&Rs aren’t even an option with Tisas, then it’s up to the CMP if they’ll legally ship to a MA FFL. Hint: they almost certainly won’t.

I'm sure Tisas is a good gun maker and I've read decent things. It is horrible that's the company CMP joined up with to make the gun.
Yes, Tisas makes excellent guns for the money. [thumbsup] Can you explain the horrible part? The idea of keeping the cost as low as possible for the program would seem to be a plus. 🤔

Some brand could have been used that at least has a semblance of a connection with the US.
Got it. [thumbsup] I guess it goes back to the original purpose or goal of the CMP (not necessarily it's current purpose). Someone chose affordability over the historical significance (but mucho high cost) of using an American manufacturer. I see your point. I wonder if they even asked an American company to participate? 🤔

Got it. [thumbsup] I guess it goes back to the original purpose or goal of the CMP (not necessarily it's current purpose). Someone chose affordability over the historical significance (but mucho high cost) of using an American manufacturer. I see your point. I wonder if they even asked an American company to participate? 🤔

I’m sure they did and probably had stage shock from the prices given. I think the real purpose of the CMP is to get new shooters into the sport at a reasonable price. So they most likely went with Tisas to keep the price down.

I’m sure they did and probably had stage shock from the prices given. I think the real purpose of the CMP is to get new shooters into the sport at a reasonable price. So they most likely went with Tisas to keep the price down.
A big issue was probably what margin could be supported by the sales.

Yes, Tisas makes excellent guns for the money. [thumbsup] Can you explain the horrible part? The idea of keeping the cost as low as possible for the program would seem to be a plus. 🤔
We (Americans) keep telling ourselves it's OK to destroy our manufacturing base so we can save money at a store.

I'd say that's entering into nightmare territory. Especially when you look at the countries giving us all these low prices.

We (Americans) keep telling ourselves it's OK to destroy our manufacturing base so we can save money at a store.

I'd say that's entering into nightmare territory. Especially when you look at the countries giving us all these low prices.
There was a great South Park episode aboout this. The townspeople were all protesting Walmart because it hurt small businesses, but all the protestors ran into each other at Walmart buying their own stuff cheap.

Back
Top Bottom