• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two more states go Constitutional Carry

Hope Ron DeSantis gets FL on the list.

DeSantis said he’d sign it if it gets to his desk. It seems to be getting some traction in the legislature too, so hopefully they get it done. FL will be a big deal. Texas is the 2nd biggest cast ate in the country, FL 3rd so it’s a big deal when it’s moved beyond the smaller rural states.

If GOP takes the governor races in WI, MI, PA and Nc next election, that will add more large states and surround the outlier states like Illinois, Minnesota, Virginia, etc.

Look at the hundreds of millions of $$$ Bloomberg, gates, baller and other liners have spent over the past 10 years and look how badly they are losing. Only than a few laws in very blue states, they have nothing to show for their 1/4 of a billion dollars.

DeSantis isn’t the issue in FL and it’s not the members, it’s a few leaders in the legislature who slow walk pro 2A bills or flat out kill them. DeSantis has a lot of power because he’s so popular, hopefully he tells the legislature obstructionists to get on board or else.

DeSantis isn’t the issue in FL and it’s not the members, it’s a few leaders in the legislature who slow walk pro 2A bills or flat out kill them. DeSantis has a lot of power because he’s so popular, hopefully he tells the legislature obstructionists to get on board or else.
Getting Constitutional Carry in FL is a good way to fortify the state politically.

All political.

DONT FORGET THIS ASSHAT CERTIFIED THE FLAUDULENT GEORGIA ELECTORAL VOTES

Wait, is "end concealed carry permits" a good thing? In other words, concealed carry without a permit? Or is it a bad thing, meaning no more carry?

The sheriff of mobile county AL and his cronies oppose constitutional carry and want the current scheme of licenses to continue. The sheriffs are the issuing agency in Alabama and they want to keep the cash coming in.

I wonder if that will change the availability of the Utah non-resident license that many of us have.

Wondering the same for my Non-Res.

I looked up Utah the other day, I believe they still will issue licenses, reciprocity up to other states I guess.

Look into FL non res. The states that reciprocate are almost identical to Utah non res.

No special class needed. Any NRA course or any course taught by a state certified instructor. So anyone who has taken MA BFS course qualifies.

I can respect this for its honesty.

It's when they throw lies, damn lies and statistics to back up their care for the children and safety that I get annoyed.
Sad part is, unless it's expensive, I doubt it's actually a real 'income' vs just putting some deputies on the interstate and yank out of state plates for whatever reason to ticket.

Constitutional carry - Wikipedia....... As of June 16, 2021, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only), Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee (handguns only), Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming do not require a permit to carry a loaded concealed firearm for any person of age who is not prohibited from owning a firearm. Permitless carry in North Dakota is applicable to residents only; nonresidents must have a permit to carry a handgun concealed or openly. Permitless concealed carry in Mississippi only covers certain manners of carrying. Permitless carry in Oklahoma applies to both residents and nonresidents.......

Texas[edit]​

On April 19, 2021, the Texas House approved HB 1927. The Texas Senate approved an amended version on May 5. The House chose to reject the Senate changes and a conference committee was formed. The compromise version was then approved by the House on May 23 and the Senate on May 24. The bill was sent to Texas Governor Greg Abbott on May 28 and he signed it into law on June 16, 2021. The bill took effect on September 1, 2021.[73] The new law allows the carrying of a handgun without a license, openly or concealed, as long as one is 21 years or older, legally able to possess a handgun, and has not been convicted in the last five years of misdemeanor bodily assault causing injury, deadly conduct, terroristic threat, or disorderly conduct (display or discharge) of a firearm. Open carry requires a holster. Carrying long guns without a license was already legal.[74][75]

Constitutional carry - Wikipedia....... As of June 16, 2021, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only), Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee (handguns only), Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming do not require a permit to carry a loaded concealed firearm for any person of age who is not prohibited from owning a firearm. Permitless carry in North Dakota is applicable to residents only; nonresidents must have a permit to carry a handgun concealed or openly. Permitless concealed carry in Mississippi only covers certain manners of carrying. Permitless carry in Oklahoma applies to both residents and nonresidents.......

Texas[edit]​

On April 19, 2021, the Texas House approved HB 1927. The Texas Senate approved an amended version on May 5. The House chose to reject the Senate changes and a conference committee was formed. The compromise version was then approved by the House on May 23 and the Senate on May 24. The bill was sent to Texas Governor Greg Abbott on May 28 and he signed it into law on June 16, 2021. The bill took effect on September 1, 2021.[73] The new law allows the carrying of a handgun without a license, openly or concealed, as long as one is 21 years or older, legally able to possess a handgun, and has not been convicted in the last five years of misdemeanor bodily assault causing injury, deadly conduct, terroristic threat, or disorderly conduct (display or discharge) of a firearm. Open carry requires a holster. Carrying long guns without a license was already legal.[74][75]
Exhibit A on why you shouldn’t use Wikipedia.

No, no it does not. Non residents without reciprocity agreements can’t carry in Texas. That is not constitutional carry.

There is absolutely no requirement to be a Texas resident or be from a state with reciprocal agreements. You are flat wrong. Read the actual legislation on the Texas gov website, what you suggest is not there.

The Texas law is very similar to all other constitutional carry laws passed in other states. With a few exceptions (Wyoming which has now been amended I believe) none restricted it unlicensed carry to only state residents or those with reciprocal agreements

I’ve spoken to some of the original sponsors in several states when people suggested it only applied to that’s states residents and each time was told it applied to all who were within that state regardless of their residency

There is absolutely no requirement to be a Texas resident or be from a state with reciprocal agreements. You are flat wrong. Read the actual legislation on the Texas gov website, what you suggest is not there.

The Texas law is very similar to all other constitutional carry laws passed in other states. With a few exceptions (Wyoming which has now been amended I believe) none restricted it unlicensed carry to only state residents or those with reciprocal agreements

I’ve spoken to some of the original sponsors in several states when people suggested it only applied to that’s states residents and each time was told it applied to all who were within that state regardless of their residency
Welp, maybe I’m wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

I defer to you…for now.

Welp, maybe I’m wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

I defer to you…for now.

Wyoming only allowed constitutional carry for WY residents but they repealed the resident portion. Wyoming to allow nonresidents to conceal carry without a permit starting July 1

What you suggested regarding TX is the current law in North Dakota which they have not corrected yet. I believe they are now the only state with that now. Constitutional Concealed Carry | Attorney General

Just for the clearing aspect of laws, adding the resident requirement muddies the law. Keeping it to all over 18 or 21 makes it simple and less likely for confusion

Wyoming only allowed constitutional carry for WY residents but they repealed the resident portion. Wyoming to allow nonresidents to conceal carry without a permit starting July 1

What you suggested regarding TX is the current law in North Dakota which they have not corrected yet. I believe they are now the only state with that now. Constitutional Concealed Carry | Attorney General

Just for the clearing aspect of laws, adding the resident requirement muddies the law. Keeping it to all over 18 or 21 makes it simple and less likely for confusion
I’m here in Texas hog hunting and the guide told us the bit about reciprocity. I just told him he’s an idiot and he said oh maybe it changed lol.

I’m here in Texas hog hunting and the guide told us the bit about reciprocity. I just told him he’s an idiot and he said oh maybe it changed lol.

lol. It was such a well publicized bill for months, I’m surprised any person who has guns in Texas isn’t aware of it. You found the unicorn ha ha ha.

Enjoy your trip

It makes sense that it would apply to all, it is called "constitutional" carry.

Back
Top Bottom