• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

South Carolina Senate to Vote on Making State the 28th for Constitutional Carry

Reptile Thread??? What???

Please do SC! Looking at land there in February.

Right now I can only carry my gun in the glovebox of the truck until I own real estate there.

MA voting for more Douchebaggery, Southern states voting freedom. Hmmm? Wonder where I should move to? The fact that I haven't seen the sun here in 7 days is another plus.

Last edited:
Here's hoping the common sense gun legislation like we are seeing here makes it to a scary state like SC. [rofl] [rofl]

Still not a done deal as they killed it 2 years ago. If not, still pretty low bar to getting a permit - they even made the application free as of a year or so ago.
They seem to keep chipping away at it. Hoping they get there this time.

Wish you could get a NR permit without owning real estate there, but that hopefully won't be a problem soon.

But coming from MA.....there is absolutely no reason they should let us carry when MA would NEVER give reciprocity. So the big FU to Northern gun fag states is fully understandable and accepted. If it means I have to buy something there to carry, then that's just another reason to buy real estate there.

Last edited:
They seem to keep chipping away at it. Hoping they get there this time.

Wish you could get a NR permit without owning real estate there, but that hopefully won't be a problem soon.

But coming from MA.....there is absolutely no reason they should let us carry when MA would NEVER give reciprocity. So the big FU to Northern gun fag states is fully understandable and accepted. If it means I have to buy something there to carry, then that's just another reason to buy real estate there.
Senate got it done. On to the house.

Senate got it done. On to the house.

When this debate started last week, it was unclear if there would be enough support to pass the bill, with a number of Republican senators opposed to removing the current training requirement in state law.

No surprise here....to this recurring theme......lucky its bizarro world as to the way it is up here, and Dems are rare.

Democrats largely opposed the bill, arguing it will make law enforcement’s job harder and make South Carolina more dangerous.

And....another recurring theme.....
the opposition of police chiefs from across South Carolina, who urged lawmakers to keep the training requirement in place.

Last edited:
No surprise here....to this recurring theme......lucky its bizarro world as to the way it is up here, and Dems are rare.

Democrats largely opposed the bill, arguing it will make law enforcement’s job harder and make South Carolina more dangerous.
Though there exists much evidence to the contrary, they will keep screaming the loudest and making up lies that predominantly women seem to listen to.

And....another recurring theme.....
the opposition of police chiefs from across South Carolina, who urged lawmakers to keep the training requirement in place.
This comes up in every state that wants to pass CC. Especially re: Dems/RINOs/LEOs...fear mongering, handwringing, panty twisting "know-nothings" saying there will be blood running like rivers in the streets. I'm still waiting for that to happen in all the states that passed CC...oh, and SC would do well to keep the NRA far away from the deliberations...just sayin'.

...to keep the training requirement in place. I'm guessing it's all about the $$$ for the LEOs. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that many of them moonlight as Firearms instructors.

Last edited:
This comes up in every state that wants to pass CC. Especially re: Dems/RINOs/LEOs...fear mongering, handwringing, panty twisting "know-nothings" saying there will be blood running like rivers in the streets. I'm still waiting for that to happen in all the states that passed CC...oh, and SC would do well to keep the NRA far away from the deliberations...just sayin'.
I had a half ass lib bitch who cut my hair and I remember when Texas went for their con carry. It was on TV.....she had a son down there and would visit. She was like that's crazy they are gonna allow guns with no permits, might be crazy down there now!! I'm like did you ever go to Maine, VT, or NH? She's like yeah, go there all the time. I said...well, they've had the same law Texas is trying to pass today...... right now for years.....VT....nearly forever.

Crazy huh! Like the wild west up there isn't it with people running around with guns shooting each other........She was like WUT? Yeah...they have open carry any time any place.....but you people that watch TV and listen to the media make a big deal of nothing. Get a clue.

I quit and went to a new barbershop.

I had a half ass lib bitch who cut my hair and I remember when Texas went for their con carry. It was on TV.....she had a son down there and would visit. She was like that's crazy they are gonna allow guns with no permits, might be crazy down there now!! I'm like did you ever go to Maine, VT, or NH? She's like yeah, go there all the time. I said...well, they've had the same law Texas is trying to pass today...... right now for years.....VT....nearly forever.

Crazy huh! Like the wild west up there isn't it with people running around with guns shooting each other........She was like WUT? Yeah...they have open carry any time any place.....but you people that watch TV and listen to the media make a big deal of nothing. Get a clue.

I quit and went to a new barbershop.
It's amazing how fast these soccer mom know nothings shut their pie holes up when they paint themselves into a corner and there is no way out. I always tell them to shut their MSNBC, FOX (really?), CNN, etc shows off and get a life...maybe use some critical thinking skills (if they were ever taught it).

Still not a done deal as they killed it 2 years ago. If not, still pretty low bar to getting a permit - they even made the application free as of a year or so ago.
Unfortunately though they don't issue non-res permits unless you own property there.

Unfortunately though they don't issue non-res permits unless you own property there.
Yes...kinda sucks. Always can have a loaded gun in the glovebox.

From the general feeling though......if you had a permit in MA and were carrying and had to defend yourself or others.

Odds are high, that some sanity might actually be found in the court of public opinion around there.

Back
Top Bottom