U.S. show of force in Persian Gulf

Join the pieces of the jigsaw together.

The first Marine special forces unit were just moved from Afghanistan to Kuwait because of a civilian death incident that upset the Afghans.
20,000 extra troops sent to Iraq.
Large military exercise in the Gulf.
Oil spikes on rumors of shots fired at US ships: http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-03-27-navy-gulf_N.htm
Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border: http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070327/62697703.html
Also looks like Marine Expeditionary Units on the Bataan and Boxer are both in the Gulf

Last edited:
I'm with you 100%. Yep there would be a lot of countries mad. There would be a lot of countries happy. But I will tell you this, the next group of rag heads would think twice knowing that their entire homeland was going to be turned to glass if they sucker punch us again.

What about the "rag heads" that weren't thinking of sucker punching us? What do you think they will do? The millions of expatriots who just witnessed their country "turned into glass." You can't possibly take them all out, certainly not with nukes.

The notion that they all hate use is .... retarded!

Do you really think Bin Laden cares what happens to Iran, or even Saudi Arabia, the coutry that exiled him? No. He's not a patriot. If we attack any more countries in that area, we'll only be adding people to his cause. How many Iranian expats live in this coutry? A lot. Many were granted refugee status. So killing millions of Iranians with a couple of nukes will only create more terrorists that are already in this country.

Not a good idea

What about the "rag heads" that weren't thinking of sucker punching us? What do you think they will do? The millions of expatriots who just witnessed their country "turned into glass." You can't possibly take them all out, certainly not with nukes.

Do you really think Bin Laden cares what happens to Iran, or even Saudi Arabia, the coutry that exiled him? No. He's not a patriot. If we attack any more countries in that area, we'll only be adding people to his cause. How many Iranian expats live in this coutry? A lot. Many were granted refugee status. So killing millions of Iranians with a couple of nukes will only create more terrorists that are already in this country.

Not a good idea

If you think I care at this point, you're mistaken... They are born and bred to hate the west, period end of story...

IThey are born and bred to hate the west, period end of story...

I don't think so, but we certainly give them plenty of reasons.

Hatred begets hatred. If we slap them, they'll slap us because we slapped them. Then we'll slap them back because they slapped us ... and on and on and on .. sort of like Israel and Palestine. Basically, adding another slap will not solve anything.

Not a good idea

okay, maybe just maybe suppose they dont "all" hate us..
Would you not say its in the best interest of their moderates to get their shit together and assasinate their own extremists and disrupt these self destructive jihadist regimes before they bring a dark cloud over their people as a whole.?
they have had that opportunity, many times over...
lest they have left the job for us..
which of course brings us back to middleast commemorative glassware set..

Last edited:
Pilgrim, if you watch too much Star Trek, then I'm REALLY in trouble.

I'll pick April 1st....what time is night time over there? Oh hell...I'll pick 3PM our time.

Would you not say its in the best interest of their moderates to get their shit together and assasinate their own extremists and disrupt these self destructive jihadist regimes before they bring a dark cloud over their people as a whole.?

Yes I do. Precisely. Let them figure their shit out. There is a lot of discontent among their population. I smell a revolution brewing. It might not happen right away, but it will. Far too many of them see how good we have it, and they want some. It can't be easy taking up arms against your own though.

Yes I do. Precisely. Let them figure their shit out. There is a lot of discontent among their population. I smell a revolution brewing. It might not happen right away, but it will. Far too many of them see how good we have it, and they want some. It can't be easy taking up arms against your own though.

The masses may well, at some point, decide they've had enough. However, it's not going to happen in either your or my lifetime. They've been walking to the "beat" for too long to have the guts to stand up to the rulers.

Was supplying Iraq during the Iraq/Iran war not enough?

No. Wars by proxy do not count. We were publicly humiliated and I will not be satisfied until I see Ahmajen-whatever-the-hell-his-name-is in chains and humiliated like we did to Sodamn Insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone forget that Iran declared war on this country in 1979 by violating the sovereignty of the US Embassy and our citizens?

Did anyone forget that such a violation of sovereignty was condoned and directed by the Iranian government, and thus under international and common law both gives us the absolute right to crush them?

Did anyone ever for-f***ing-get that? Anyone?

Am I the only one here who thinks we are continuously targeted by islamic terrorists and theocracists BECAUSE WE KEEP RUNNING FROM THE GOD DAMNED FIGHT?

The only thing these animals understand is extreme violence, and I for one, am ready to oblige.

Actually, I think that their declaration of death to Salman Rushdie is equally outrageous, and we should be bombing their government buildings flat for that reason by itself. Unfortunately, there are a lot of extremely nice and civilized Iranians trapped in that country, it is like they are being held hostage just as our embassy staff was.

It is Weds March 27, 19:38 here in Maine and Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 3:07:46 AM

Now thats just plain wierd.

Lets base all time date gusesstimates on ZULU time. that way we are all on the same page. now lets see since Thursday is Really Saterday and Friday is Sunday and there are 354 days in a year Hijra years
must be current Islamic Year is 1428 AH.

Maybe it is only funny to me, but I do laugh to hear (or read) from that 5% of our domestic market that "really cares" about how we are perceived by the world; as if somehow we need to be 'fair'. I must see a different reality. To me, the US population could care less how many foreigners die at US hands, as long as three things happen:

1. We achieve our goals (we win).
2. We achieve tactical and strategic superiority through overwhelming force; while maintaining disproportionately small losses (we kick their butts).
3. We maintain a domestic message of moral superiority (we deserve to win).

Given 1, 2 & 3 above, it amazes me we haven't forced our politicians into more adventures like Panama, Grenada, Kuwait and Afghanistan. We only lost domestic support for Iraq when we shifted to an army of occupation in a war of attrition. If we called it a win after capturing Saddam, and pulled back to the northern and southern 'no-fly-zone' lines, our Republican Congress would still be trumpeting a righteous win handed to us from God above.

We DON'T NEED to occupy Iran. All we need to do is destroy key infastructure (military and university-based labs), and maybe kill off a bunch of students, in addition to as many of the Revolutionary Guard as possible.

What I really hope is:

1) The Rev Guard are stupidly keeping all the British hostages in one spot.
2) The British SAS are planning an Entebe-style raid for hostage recovery, while we blow up some structures of concern.
3) We're massing our troops to prevent an Iranian reaction to the raid.

The last thing we need to do is revert back to the 1930s under FDR when US policy was protectionist...leave everyone alone as long as they leave us alone. Thats like me telling my kids years ago to ignore the bully and he'll loose interest in bothering you. Not these guys. We can't just sit back, build up our "defenses" and wait because the soon to be totally democratically controlled government will direct those defense funds to projects "the citizens" need in their opinion, like free medical, dental, eye care, state college tuition and a chicken in every illegal immigrant's pot for sunday dinner.

Just an aside, wasn't the current president of Iran identiified as one of those "students: that broke the soveignty of our Embassy in 1979? Is there a statute of limitations on something like that???

We need more black ops, go get him and send him to meet Sadaham. Then we need to fund the citizens that agree with us and "help" them to take over and fix their own government without continuing to send in the Armed Forces to occupy.

Bottomline if it comes to it...leave a big hole where Iran used to be. Ican live with the moral outrage if we can avoid more of the same.

The masses may well, at some point, decide they've had enough. However, it's not going to happen in either your or my lifetime. They've been walking to the "beat" for too long to have the guts to stand up to the rulers.

You might well be wrong on this one, Lynne, and I seriously hope so. The Iranian government has had a very shaky hold on the country for quite some time. There are a lot of well educated younger people who are opposed to the theocracy running the country, and they've been willing to vote that way in their elections. Unfortunately for them, elections don't carry a lot of weight there, since the real power is tightly held by the Ayatollahs and the . A lot of our policy towards Iran has been based on turning up the heat on the government, while expressing support for the people. I honestly believe that a lot of what their government does, including grabbing the British ships, is more focused on maintaining control over their own people than it is on the US, Israel and the rest of the Satans.

Ken

Well, this has been interesting reading. I would have figured that a group of folks who all share enthusiasm for well armed civilians wouldn't shy away from all the terrorism they (whoever they are) want to throw at us. Because of this, I figured it wouldn't be threatening to leave the Middle East alone, even if it means they build up their strategies and launch more coordinated attacks on civilians. Of course we would have to suffer more civilian casualties, but if we resist the urge to war against these nations, all Americans will return to the most important of principles in a free society - WE ALL NEED GUNS! LIKE, YESTERDAY! AND WE NEED THEM ON PLANES AND IN CARS AND AT WORK AND AT CHURCH AND AT THE MALL! IF WE HAVE GUNS EVERYWHERE, THEY WILL STOP TRYING TO KILL US. This is the opportunity for us RKBAers to make our point loud and clear. "Homeland Security"? Arm us.

Back
Top Bottom