• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Uberti’s Latest Small-Bore Lever-Action – Silverboy .22LR

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/silverboy-lever-action.php

I have to say, as a fan of both .22s and Lever guns....I'm excited about this. This just might be something that I'm going to have to add to my collection of .22 rifles.

It would go great with my Golden 39a...I just need to pick up a Goldenboy as well...which I've been talking about for WAY too long.

But, I really like the Uberti's...hell, if anyone picks one up, let me know. I would love to come out and give it a run.

Finally they have come back with a .22.

This is my Uberti 1866 Yellowboy in .22lr. They made these until 1989. Tough to find these days. C-Pher you're welcome to give it a run.

DSC_1245.jpg

DSC_1243.jpg

Last edited:
Finally they have come back with a .22.

This is my Uberti 1866 Yellowboy in .22lr. They made these until 1989. Tough to find these days. C-Pher you're welcome to give it a run.

Wow that is beautiful, I didn't know they made a version in .22!

From the link in the OP, Uberti is still showing an MSRP of $559 for the Silverboy.
I got one of these several years ago, when they were still hard to find, and this is one beautiful little rifle.
Henry also has their own version of this gun for an MSRP of $599, which is on the pricey side for a .22 rifle.

Yesterday I stumbled on a fantastic deal for the Uberti, Buds has it for $319 with free shipping [shocked] !

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

If I didn't already have one I'd be jumping right on this deal!

I think this is the rifle I have been waiting for... any MA restrictions on the tube fed mag capacity?

that is a ridiculously good price for the uberti silverboy. i am debating buying one. thx for post.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is the rifle I have been waiting for... any MA restrictions on the tube fed mag capacity?

none i'm aware of

looks sweet, but if I am getting a lever action .22, it would be a henry golden boy. watched too many "The Rifleman" shows back in the day I guess

Last edited:
You would need a modified Winchester Model 1892 rifle, with a large ring lever drilled and tapped for a set screw if you wanted to be like Lucas McCain.

looks sweet, but if I am getting a lever action .22, it would be a henry golden boy. watched too many "The Rifleman" shows back in the day I guess

I know a loaded question I'm sure, but can anyone offer any thoughts on this vs the Henry? I would like to get a .22 lever gun at some point just for me ;)

Ubertis and Henrys are both high quality. It's Chiappa and Rossi which are known to have occasional lemons.

Only issue with Henry is their asinine refusal to offer loading gates.

Any particular reason no side loading gates on the 22s?

I've never seen a loading gate on any tube fed .22, I imagine it would be difficult to manipulate loading rounds into it with normal size (or larger) adult hands because your thumb is so much wider than the case head. It also seems like it would be pretty easy to deform a .22 round when pushing them in at an angle against spring pressure, especially the last one or two rounds.

I like being able to completely remove the spring tube and using this type of speed loader, which gives you 8 quick reloads:

iipsrv.fcgi

I know a loaded question I'm sure, but can anyone offer any thoughts on this vs the Henry? I would like to get a .22 lever gun at some point just for me ;)

Ubertis and Henrys are both high quality.

This^

The difference in price right now makes the Uberti a much better value.

It's Chiappa and Rossi which are known to have occasional lemons

This^

I currently have a Rossi R92 in .44M which works fantastic, but I had an older Rossi Puma (also a 92 action) in .357 that was a complete POS. Their quality control was all over the map, it was hit-or-miss on what you'd end up with.

Only issue with Henry is their asinine refusal to offer loading gates.

I actually prefer this over a side loading gate on the centerfire rifles, ever get your fingertip pinched while loading a model 92 or 94 ???
The other advantage is the ability to unload the gun quickly (and safely) without the need to jack all the rounds through the chamber and then picking them up off the ground.

My thoughts: I like the octagonal barrel on the Henry. Henry barrel is 20", Uberti barrel is round, at 19". Not much difference in length.
I like the traditional look of the brass receiver, barrel band, and buttplate on the Henry, but the chrome finish of the Uberti sure is beautiful. Even more so in person.
One thing to note, is the brass receiver on the Henry is really just a "cover", and not a solid piece. You can't tell by looking at it though. I suppose that would make it handy to replace if it ever got badly dinged
The walnut stocks are gorgeous on both.
My Henry is accurate as Hell. I haven't shot the Silverboy so I can't judge how well it shoots.
The action is butter smooth on the Goldenboy, but when cocking, while holding the gun at an angle past about 45 degrees from upright, down to flat on its side, it will jam. I think this is particular to the Henry. 22s, because Uberti claims theirs can be cocked at any angle.
The deal from Buds's that Zappa posted for $319 would deserve serious consideration, but one lever .22 is enough for me. I doubt you'll see that price in MA very often, if you see it at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Picked up my Silverboy last week but just recently had a chance to check it out.

It is a very impressive gun overall, but at first I was disappointed in the finish on the receiver. The “silver” (chrome) seemed duller than I expected and there were even some pits and bumps that seemed to me like it was a factory oversight or something. I put it back in the box and figured it was not worth taking it up with Uberti provided it functions fine. So last night I am getting prepped for the range and I take a closer look at the receiver and notice that there is a very thin layer or plastic, kind of like the screen protector on a new phone. Once I pulled that off, wow! I am much more in impressed now. Ha!

The action is very smooth, though there is a some side to side wobble in the lever that bugs me. I am hoping that it is as impressive to shoot as it is to look at and play with.

Lastly, not sure what to do about cleaning this thing. The ‘owner’s manual’ is a joke really and does not even reference maintenance. After doing some googling, I found someone that was eventually able to contact Uberti and was informed that Uberti does not want owns to disassemble the receiver. They said just clean the barrel and swab what you can from the receiver. This annoys me.

Interesting this is on my Xmas list. I would think a22 would need cleaning in the receiver
Let us know how it shoots

I have one of the 1873 lever actions on my wish list. Such a gorgeous gun.

I have a Henry .22, and it shoots great. They make a quality firearm, I just cant get excited about the spring tube for big bore stuff.

Nice.

I've got a Sears-labeled pump action .22 from the early part of the last century I picked up for cheap money at a gun show 1,000 years ago. My kids really enjoy futzing with it when we take it to the range. It's effectively a gallery gun. I even think it takes Shorts.

This type of firearm is a true treat for youngsters.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up my Silverboy last week but just recently had a chance to check it out.

It is a very impressive gun overall, but at first I was disappointed in the finish on the receiver. The “silver” (chrome) seemed duller than I expected and there were even some pits and bumps that seemed to me like it was a factory oversight or something. I put it back in the box and figured it was not worth taking it up with Uberti provided it functions fine. So last night I am getting prepped for the range and I take a closer look at the receiver and notice that there is a very thin layer or plastic, kind of like the screen protector on a new phone. Once I pulled that off, wow! I am much more in impressed now. Ha!

The action is very smooth, though there is a some side to side wobble in the lever that bugs me. I am hoping that it is as impressive to shoot as it is to look at and play with.

Lastly, not sure what to do about cleaning this thing. The ‘owner’s manual’ is a joke really and does not even reference maintenance. After doing some googling, I found someone that was eventually able to contact Uberti and was informed that Uberti does not want owns to disassemble the receiver. They said just clean the barrel and swab what you can from the receiver. This annoys me.

I can't say I ever cleaned my 1892 ever, outside of a bore snake down the bbl. PITA to take apart. I don't think cleaning this will be an issue as 99% of the fouling is down-bbl. Very little will wind up getting into the action.

Back
Top Bottom