*UPDATE 5/29 162 days later I have my license!

Ha! Done 5-6 months of research and still not sure! Maybe a p365 macro or a m&p 2.0. Or a shield plus for ccw and something bigger for home defense. All over the place lol!

I prioritized my first purchases in this order

CCW
AR
10/22
Shotgun
Full size pistol
22 pistol

Remember, the guns are just part of it. For your CCW as an example, a good holster, belt, extra mags, carry ammo, practice ammo, etc.

I found it easier (an more fun) to buy stripped recievers (for long guns) and then build them out when I could. It would be very beneficial to you to do that, in my opinion. Who knows when they will change the rules.

I prioritized my first purchases in this order

CCW
AR
10/22
Shotgun
Full size pistol
22 pistol

Remember, the guns are just part of it. For your CCW as an example, a good holster, belt, extra mags, carry ammo, practice ammo, etc.

I found it easier (a more fun) to buy stripped recievers (for long guns) and then build them out when I could. It would be very beneficial to you to do that, in my opinion. Who knows when they will change the rules.
People tell me it is easier to learn how to shoot with a full size pistol as opposed to CCW. I think I want a ccw and a full size for home defense to start. Then AR. My friend built out an AR that way and he loves it so def thinking about that.

People tell me it is easier to learn how to shoot with a full size pistol as opposed to CCW. I think I want a ccw and a full size for home defense to start. Then AR. My friend built out an AR that way and he loves it so def thinking about that.
Full size is easier and more comfortable, but is that what you are going to carry?

Everyone has their different thoughts on the subject. I focused on my carry because that is with me constantly. It is not as fun at the range (it is still very enjoyable), but it is my most important firearm to train with. I am fairly consistent with my carry and full size at the distances I would need in my home.

That is my opinion, enjoy and be safe. Find a good club to practice at.

Back
Top Bottom