US Army's New Heavy M4 Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that after the Rutherford County, TN government extorted me to the point of forcing an auction of my property in a storage unit, including digital files containing proprietary information, that I see another of my inventions being produced by others. Yes, the design patent (spiral flutes) works with the proprietary manufacturing process awarded in the utility patent. How would I know that a novel manufacturing process is involved? Simple. I'm the actual inventor. Under Republican governments at the local, state, and national levels patent theft has run f_cking wild! Ward W. Brien at Sniper Tools Design and Ronnie Barrett at Barrett Firearms are going to pay for their insolence.
Everybody take a close look and see if the exterior spiral fluting corresponds to the internal rifling. There is a reason for this arrangement. The Army hasn't disclosed the specifics about the utility patent and I'm not going to reveal my concept either. I will say this. They are correct that this new barrel can handle more cyclical fire than older versions. Heat dissipation does play a role but that's not the only thing going on, I can assure you! M4A1-barrel.png

Last edited:
Hmmmm, have no idea as to the veracity of most of this post.

However, the external twists on that barrel appear to be much more...aggressive?...than internal barrel twits...er...twists. Aren't barrel twists measured by the number of inches it takes for the rifling to make a complete twist?

The OP has me thinking things I have not thought of before. What if the rifling twist varied as the bullet speeds up instead of a fixed rate. Would this not decrease friction therefore heat produced?

On a side note I love these one and done mystery posters. From the one who got ripped by Mr. MMA to that Hummer dude who ran for NRA board that guy posted some great vintage ballistics literature... All great stuff. Go NES!

and when this whole barrel is dropped into the mud and all those nice exterior flutings are totally covered with clay and it all is under the handguard - then what? dunno, i do not like what i see there, at all.
and a cost to produce all that - on a mass produced military barrel? gosh.

The OP has me thinking things I have not thought of before. What if the rifling twist varied as the bullet speeds up instead of a fixed rate. Would this not decrease friction therefore heat produced?

On a side note I love these one and done mystery posters. From the one who got ripped by Mr. MMA to that Hummer dude who ran for NRA board that guy posted some great vintage ballistics literature... All great stuff. Go NES!
Infinity (sviguns.com) pistols use gain twist rifling, although I believe they do in the quest for accuracy rather than heat dissipation. They are manufactured internally, not sourced from an outside supplier.

As to the spiral flutes - how about the OP posting a link to the patent or a patent number? That would not give away any of the secret squirrel stuff.

Last edited:
and when this whole barrel is dropped into the mud and all those nice exterior flutings are totally covered with clay and it all is under the handguard - then what? dunno, i do not like what i see there, at all.
Lol seriously? Nothing some pressurized air or some water wouldn't solve.

File this under:
"What happens if a soldier is eating a twinkie and a piece falls off and gets lodged in the action" [rofl]

I assume the external twists correspond to the internal ones resulting in increased rigidity without adding significant weight?

Lol seriously? Nothing some pressurized air or some water wouldn't solve.

File this under:
"What happens if a soldier is eating a twinkie and a piece falls off and gets lodged in the action" [rofl]
huh? did you ever run a 10km cross with a rifle on you? i did. when you crawl up the river bank you are covered in this shit completely. what water, what air? you can piss on it, perhaps, true, that water you`ve got.

I assume the external twists correspond to the internal ones resulting in increased rigidity without adding significant weight?
The external fins don't correspond with the internal rifling unless 1 in 0.33 twist is a thing, and I'm pretty sure it isn't because the rotational force applied to a standard bullet by such a twist rate would cause the bullet to explode. The fins would improve passive cooling, though.

Last edited:
The external fins don't correspond with the internal rifling unless 1 in 0.33 twist is a thing, and I'm pretty sure it isn't because the rotational force applied to a standard bullet by such a twist rate would cause it to explode. The fins would improve passive cooling, though.

It doesn't have to correspond 1:1 to be effective though. And the OP said it does correspond, and that it's really not about heat dissipation.

Last edited:
Infinity (sviguns.com) pistols use gain twist rifling, although I believe they do in the quest for accuracy rather than heat dissipation. They are manufactured internally, not sources from an outside supplier.

As to the spiral flutes - how about the OP posting a link to the patent or a patent number? That would not give away any of the secret squirrel stuff.

The old colt's used to do that to, and I thought maybe the Python did as well, and maybe the S&W 460? 480?

Anyways, thats the first thing that popped into my mind- Got a patent?

Infinity (sviguns.com) pistols use gain twist rifling, although I believe they do in the quest for accuracy rather than heat dissipation. They are manufactured internally, not sources from an outside supplier.

Or a patent date. You can look up by date and see what was filed on that day.

OP, if you have the money to fight those companies how bout giving us each a rifle with that barrel design and we will put it through some field testing[wink]

I assume OP doesn't have a patent, which would mean it was trade secret stuff sitting in the storage unit.

It doesn't have to correspond 1:1 to be effective though. And the OP said it does correspond, and that it's really not about heat dissipation.
OP didn't bother to explain the "reason" for the implied correspondence, or the bounds of that correspondence, so I think we're all wasting our time commenting on the ramblings of a crackpot.

Interesting that after the Rutherford County, TN government extorted me to the point of forcing an auction of my property in a storage unit, including digital files containing proprietary information, that I see another of my inventions being produced by others. Yes, the design patent (spiral flutes) works with the proprietary manufacturing process awarded in the utility patent. How would I know that a novel manufacturing process is involved? Simple. I'm the actual inventor. Under Republican governments at the local, state, and national levels patent theft has run f_cking wild! Ward W. Brien at Sniper Tools Design and Ronnie Barrett at Barrett Firearms are going to pay for their insolence.
Everybody take a close look and see if the exterior spiral fluting corresponds to the internal rifling. There is a reason for this arrangement. The Army hasn't disclosed the specifics about the utility patent and I'm not going to reveal my concept either. I will say this. They are correct that this new barrel can handle more cyclical fire than older versions. Heat dissipation does play a role but that's not the only thing going on, I can assure you!View attachment 465936
What's your name? When did you file the patent? do you have the filing #? One can easily search for file patents that have not been approved(or approved).

huh? did you ever run a 10km cross with a rifle on you? i did. when you crawl up the river bank you are covered in this shit completely. what water, what air? you can piss on it, perhaps, true, that water you`ve got.

No, but would some barrel flutes really make a functional difference in the outcome of a bunch of sludge getting in your handguard? I'm betting its going to be pretty dirty
regardless. Having a round profile will not magically divorce the exterior of your barrel of muck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom