Uses for black tip/AP ammo?

Just curious what people may use it for, I know a few ranges prohibit it. Do you use it for hunting, or just a conversation piece? And is it even sold in MA?

Forgive my stupid newbie questions. [smile]

If you have it you probably are not shooting it regularly. More like hording it in case of a Zombie attack who have armor. [laugh]

Seriously though, it's usually more expensive and I've been keeping the one I have for a "whatever" scenario.

ive only seen AP sold at one store in MA, and it was .50 BMG, so its not exactly a common round as it is.

i dont think AP is a good hunting round, its more likely a terrible one. im sure you can find interesting things to do with it though. i do.

From the car & truck shoots been to I've learned regular rifle rounds (Non-AP) will pass completely through a vehicle. I did find holes in the engine block of the car at the first car shoot we did up in Maine and pieces of the AP steel core rounds from my mosin inside the engine compartment. Some of the accessory mounts were shot off the motor. The jackets of the rounds had either fragmented or stripped offf the steel core and the core still had enough kinetic energy to cut through things like the alternator mount, smog pump and water pump.

They're also good for rockhunting and zombies but I keep mine stashed away because, ... ya never know.
thtinfoilhat.gif

black tip ammo

I've read that ap is more accurate than ball in the .50bmg. I haven,t loaded any yet so I don,t know if it,s true.

Back
Top Bottom