• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPS Brought me a good morning surprise

I'm in it for the long run.

71%2BczVSoOoL._SL1500_.jpg

(Don't forget to use the COMM2A link if you use Amazon!)

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

shop dot comm2a dot org

I have to admit that after I saw this thread, I bought one off fleaBay.
It came a few days ago and I stamped all the $20's I had.
All the guys at the shop thought it was a hoot.
However, I did encounter a problem when I tried to spend a few.
I was at BJ's and tried to pass a few at the self-check machine and it wouldn't take them.
I tried three different stamped bills, every which way, and the machine kept rejecting them.
So I pulled out a $50 and completed my purchase.
Now I'm wondering if the bill counting machines in the store office and the bank will flag these as being unreadable ???
If so, the banks won't release them back into circulation and they'll be returned to the federal reserve for destruction.

All mine have been taken at self checkout, tried HD and wallyworld this weekend .
Amazon has them cheaper for next time

Best bet for getting them into circulation is buying items at convenience stores and other small businesses.

The big box stores send most of the cash straight to the bank and the bank sorts, grades and sends the older/frayed bills to be destroyed.

No idea if the stamp would kick a bill out for destruction.

But the small shops will give and take bills with the public for longer periods, I believe.

Update:

I've stamped nearly every $20 bill that's passed through my hands since June.
Today I got a noteworthy reaction from a girl working at a liquor store in Waltham, as she read the back of the bill, she visibly cringed, then shook her head and let out a growl of exasperation.
Made my day.

[laugh]

They should get rid of the US Treasury Building on the back of the Sawbuck, and replace it with the Supreme Court.
Then we could get a stamp that says:

Bret Kavanaugh Works Here.

iu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom