USPSA Match -- Manville, RI -- 9/17

Manville Sportsman's Club

* High St., Manville, RI 02838
* Starting Time: 9:30AM Squadded
* Contact: Paul Taylor (401) 828-7132 (1-8pm weekdays, all day weekends)
* Map and Directions: Take Rt 95 south to Rt 295 south to Rt146 north. Take right at traffic light, towards Manville. Proceed approximately 1 mile to High St. on the right. Entrance is between stone pillars, club is at the end of High St.

4 stages (2 field courses, a speed shoot, and a classifier)

How many rounds is tomorrows match? I'm low on ammo and if I don't have to reload then I won't. Please let me know ASAP if possible.

thanks,
Pete

Probably just under 100 required shots. The two field courses are usually maxed out to 32 each. The speed shoot and the classifier are mine. I'm trying to take a speed shoot from this year Nationals since the stages were just posted (they don't look all that great though [rolleyes]). I have a couple classifers in mind but narrowed it down to the one. Safe bet that they are under 36 rounds combined though.

I just finished writing up my stage. I was trying for something called "Welcome to Burlington" but ended up with "El Presidente de Mozambique."

The classifier is a fun one. Practice counting to 5 now.

The classifier is a fun one. Practice counting to 5 now.

steve- you know thats like the same number of fingers you have right? and it goes 1-2-3-4-5 not, 1-2-3-4-------5
Is it the super fast 5, reload 5 stage?
I love that one, even if i porked it the one time i saw it.

Pete- why you worried about how many rounds it is?
Just bring 200 to any match you go to locally, and you'll have enough.

ok, gonna pass out now, setting up comes early

You can watch,
but like other things in life, it's more fun to participate!

Bring your pistol, 4-5 mags, holster, 200 rds & have some FUN!

You can watch,
but like other things in life, it's more fun to participate!

Bring your pistol, 4-5 mags, holster, 200 rds & have some FUN!

I would, but I'm not at home. My guns are 2 states away right now, and if I made the 4 hour round trip to retrieve them, I'll miss the event.

Awesome match today. Thanks to all that contributed and worked hard to put together some great stages. You guys do a great job.

-Cuz

Definately a great match as always. Fun stages and things moved very quickly. I must say that the squad I was on was the most helpful squad I've shot on in a long time. Everyone helped out and things were done early enough to get things done around the house. Too bad I totally bagged my last stage!!! Oh well, more practice for me. Thanks again for putting on yet another great match. Too bad we only have a few left for this year.

Pete

oh when oh when will matt get the scores done
they're done, up at uspsa-ne.org

i have brought shame on my ancestors, and must now go fall on my sword.

At least it was a nice day. Nice job Paul and Dave.

Thanks again John for letting me borrow one of your awesome guns. I still can't believe I did that (dropped the gun on the safe table and bent the sight mount right before the first stage). I'm going down to the shop to put a new mount on now and hopefully get my gun sighted in on my lunch break.

Steve, how high did the gun drop. I was alittle surprised that this would happen. I was looking at the serendipty mount on Johns gun. Do you think a mount like that would have been able to take the hit?

It was from my waist (I was tightening a screw on the holster) to the picnic table bench. It was right on the back in probably the worst spot. The Serendipity might be stronger since it is supported on both sides.

Great match. Huge thanks to all who helped.

Please tell me how some of the folks shot the Paper-and-Bonus. Some of the time differentials are quite large and the shooters posted roughly 20 fewer points. I'm wondering if some guys skipped the bonus targets to save the time.

I had thought about skippng the bonus, but Matt thought that with the mandatory reload, the bonus points were worth the time.

That stage was a perfect example of the points/time argument and I'd like to learn something from it.

Hi folks, the Area 7 NE site seems to be down, can I view scores anywhere else ?? I checked the USPSA page but don't see "Manville listed as a club.

Thanks for any help, and as always a great match.

Please tell me how some of the folks shot the Paper-and-Bonus. Some of the time differentials are quite large and the shooters posted roughly 20 fewer points. I'm wondering if some guys skipped the bonus targets to save the time.

I had thought about skippng the bonus, but Matt thought that with the mandatory reload, the bonus points were worth the time.

That stage was a perfect example of the points/time argument and I'd like to learn something from it.

Dan,
You have to have a real good idea what your time will be on any given stage. Then, you need to figure your guessed hit factor, and then how much time you think you'll save, refigure. The make sure you follow the plan when the buzzer sounds.

Skipping the bonus.

Dan, I watched several shooters run this one and heard a couple of conversations about the value of engaging the bonus targets. The key was the delay between hitting the plate and the availability of the bonus target. Nick Sr. for example skipped them altogether and did very well due to his low total time. The way I did it was hit the plate first and then engage the target closest to the plate, then two quick shots as the bonus flopped by. Engage other two static targets, reload and repeat. My time was less than nine seconds yet I picked up a couple of bonus points without standing there waiting for them to flip up.

Back
Top Bottom