USPSA Multi-Gun @ New Bedford: Oct 5, 2013

The Action Pistol Committee of the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford (Welcome to the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford) will again host a multi-gun match this year on October 5, 2013. This year's match will be run under USPSA Multi-Gun rules using 'Time Plus' scoring.

This will be a 4 stage match, each stage will require 2-3 guns to complete. You will use all three guns during the event. We've not designed stages yet so no projected round-count at this time. We will update this thread before the match with additional details with regards to projected minimum round-count.

Divisions:
Open
Tactical
Limited
Heavy Metal Tactical
Heavy Metal Limited

Pre-registration required (contact Dave at [email protected]). We are only accepting 40 paid shooters, plus our crew. If you've not pre-registered, please do not show up on match day! Contact me at the above email and I will let you know where to send a check.

Match fee: $40
Other details: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/RGNB_MultiGun_2013_Oct_05.pdf
USPSA Multi-Gun rules: http://uspsa.org/RifleShotgunMultigun Rules 1-1-2013final.pdf

Participants will be expected to help out during the entire match (either help RO'ing, pre-loading, stage reset, etc). It takes a lot of effort to put one of these on - the more help we have, the smoother things will go.

Shooting start time 9:30am (shooters should arrive no later than 8:45am to obtain score sheets and get squaded).

Note: A multi-gun match is not a good one for a competitor new to action shooting to get started with. You should have participated in several pistol matches before attempting a multi-gun match (either IDPA or USPSA). While we at New Bedford encourage new shooters - this isn't the match for it.

I'm moving to the southern New Hampshire area and am a big three gunner. How does the law work in regards to bringing rifle/pistol/shotgun into Massachusetts? Is there a pass for bringing guns for competition?

I'm moving to the southern New Hampshire area and am a big three gunner. How does the law work in regards to bringing rifle/pistol/shotgun into Massachusetts? Is there a pass for bringing guns for competition?

No competition exemption for AWB. Need preban hicaps and no evil features (unless it is preban)

Where are you moving to? From where?

What are the distances of the rifle portion of a 3 gun match here in the northeast? I know out west they have you shooting out past 200 yards in same cases.

( I know I really should not e asking these questions, they are very very expensive questions )

What are the distances of the rifle portion of a 3 gun match here in the northeast? I know out west they have you shooting out past 200 yards in same cases.

( I know I really should not e asking these questions, they are very very expensive questions )

At New Bedford, the distances are short, due to the pit size. However, the courses aren't exactly hosefests either. Depending on the match, out west the mid distance targets are 200 yards. This year at Rocky Mountain, we shot out to 560 yards with our own guns, 1400 yards with a stage gun. (Barrett MRAD, .338 Lapua) This was a bonus target, one shot, off the clock, 10 seconds off of your stage time.
You're right, 3 gun can be costly, but, ohhhh so much fun.

Got ya... I hate 5.56 so everything I have is 9mm or a heavy bolt guns built in 308 so I I don't have anything that would work anyway

If you want to shoot 3 gun, .223 is king. Unless of course you want to shoot He man / Heavy Metal, which is .308, .45 ACP (10 round max) and 12 guage pump.

If you want to shoot 3 gun, .223 is king. Unless of course you want to shoot He man / Heavy Metal, which is .308, .45 ACP (10 round max) and 12 guage pump.

Flame throwers have been known to work well at the annual New Bedford rifle and 3-gun matches. [flame] He he he

USPSA rules state Heavy Metal is .30 and has a minimum power factor. I forget the formula, but may be (bullet weight x velocity)/1500 has to be over 300? Someone will know the formula, or check USPSA multigun rules. I am on my phone, so I don't have the formula or link handy. An AK in 7.62x39 won't make the power factor.

Back
Top Bottom