USPSA Multi-Gun @ New Bedford: Oct 5, 2013

Last question
Can you use a drop leg holster?
Rules say yes,but my other shooter friends say no

This is a USPSA Multi-Gun match.

From the rule book: http://uspsa.org/RifleShotgunMultigun Rules 1-1-2013final.pdf

Section 2.2.5:

2.2.5 The belt carrying the holster must be worn at waist level which is deemed to be at the same level as the
original belt loops on the lower garment. The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the
waist. Thigh holsters and mag holders are specifically allowed. Female competitors may be permitted to wear a
belt at hip level however; the top of the belt must not be positioned below the furthest lateral point of the top of
the femur (tuberosity major).

2.2.5.1 The holster must be capable of retaining the handgun during the vigorous movement that may be
required during the courses of fire.

2.2.5.2 The holster must allow the competitor to safely draw and reholster the handgun without causing
the muzzle to point in an unsafe direction.

2.2.5.3 The holster must completely prevent access to, or activation of, the trigger of the handgun while
holstered.

2.2.5.4 The Range Master may deem that a competitor’s holster is unsafe and order that it be improved
to his satisfaction, failing which it must be withdrawn from the match.

Specifically this sentence: Thigh holsters and mag holders are specifically allowed.

Update for round-count... we're still firming up stages but this should give folks a good guide for what a minimum count count might be like.

First off, it depends on how you want to shoot. This is 'Time-Plus' scoring, meaning all you need to do is neutralize the target, which is a single A or A/B hit, or two hits anywhere on the target. So the minimum number of rounds depends on if you're planning to shoot 1 or 2 rounds per target.

With that said, we're looking at a total TARGET count of:
Rifle: 45-50 -ish
Shotgun: 45-ish
Pistol: 30-35 -ish

So if you're planning for 2 rounds per target, figure a minimum round count around:
Rifle: 100 rounds
Shotgun 45 rounds
Pistol: 60 rounds

Note: No shotgun slugs for this match. Longest distance is approx 30 yards, but that doesn't mean it will be easy ;)

Fun match as usual. Not just a hose fest.
A couple suggestions. Have buckets on stages with shotgun, and have squads police the hulls. It makes it a bit easier for those that spend all the time setting up and running the match. Not to mention, that too many hulls on the stage can be a safety hazard. Home Depot and Lowes have the buckets pretty cheap. Something to consider for the upcoming shotgun match.

Awesome match and a really good time! Thanks for running it guys!! I had one good stage - the pistol / rifle stage. Unfortunately a loose interceptor latch in my shotgun caused it to continuously jam all day... Shells would get stuck half way out of the magazine and half way on the carrier. Pretty much blew it for me. Going to have to fix that. Thanks Brent for bailing me out at the end of the day with yours!

Thanks to the New Bedford crew for putting this on. I had a blast. For once it was rifle problems and not shotgun. I lucked out and got a reshoot when my rifle broke, but karma was not to be denied and I had a death jam with the rifle I borrowed.

Wish there were more multigun or long gun matches around here so I could get in more of a groove.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Awesome match and a really good time! Thanks for running it guys!! I had one good stage - the pistol / rifle stage. Unfortunately a loose interceptor latch in my shotgun caused it to continuously jam all day... Shells would get stuck half way out of the magazine and half way on the carrier. Pretty much blew it for me. Going to have to fix that. Thanks Brent for bailing me out at the end of the day with yours!

Matt, if you plan on major 3 gun matches, the 1100 / 11-87 platforms don't hold up. Last year Brent finished the New Bedford shotgun match with a Benelli.[smile]

Thank you for having a great match within Mom's driving distance is awesome. I hope you add more next year, my focus is on USPSA and 3 gun.
Video

Thank you for having a great match within Mom's driving distance is awesome. I hope you add more next year, my focus is on USPSA and 3 gun.
Video

Very nice shooting! You just need a reliable shotgun, and you are ready to try some major matches.
At the very least, taper the back of the forend, it interferes with loading.

Last edited:
Nice shooting, great job sticking with that shotgun when it was giving you problems!!
A few more matches you might be interested in this year; New Bedford Rifle (NOV 24th) and shotgun (OCT 27).
Bass River is supossed to have a multi-gun NOV 3rd.

David E.

Last edited:
Very nice shooting! You just need a reliable shotgun, and you are ready to try some major matches.
At the very least, taper the back of the forend, it interferes with loading.

The shotgun is super reliable, I just need to have a few things modified for me and my size. Someone is going to do that in the off season for me. Thank you

Nice shooting, great job sticking with that shotgun when it was giving you problems!!
A few more matches you might be interested in this year; New Bedford Rifle (NOV 24th) and shotgun (OCT 27).
Bass River is supossed to have a multi-gun NOV 3rd.

David E.

I'm new to the area; where's Bass River?

On/near the cape, rt 6. Google Bass River rod and gunclub. Can't post a link with my tablet. There is a post in the pistol section about the match.
David E.

I'm new to the area; where's Bass River?

Bass River Rod and Gun Club is on Rte 6A in Yarmouthport, MA. From the US, come over a bridge (you choose it) take Rte 6 to exit 8, Off the ramp, turn left and drive to Rte 6A. Turn right on Rte 6A and watch for the entrance about a mile up on the left. If you get to Kings Way Golf course and don't have clubs with you, you have gone a little too far [smile]

Thank you very much to the New Bedford hosts. This was the first real 3 gun match I've shot (not a simple relay) and it was an absolute blast! If someone wants more videos I've got one. I finished 13/47 and I'm new to the sport, but you can at least see the 4 courses and the layouts.
New Bedford 3 Gun, 10-5-13 - YouTube
Thanks also to whoever posted about the Nov 3rd match, I was bummed out that I was going to have to wait a year for another match. Hopefully there's spots left. To the organizers, I'll gladly pay $50 for a match in the spring if you can put another one together. NB is my favorite club in my area (coming from Groton CT) since the stages always have movement and interesting designs.

Back
Top Bottom