USPSA Rifle Nov.24 New Bedford / Questions

Well now... I was looking through the Calendar section on the R&G of N.B. site and saw the entry for Nov. 24. Sound interesting, looked on Youtube saw some video of previous events.... now I'm very interested.

I have about a million questions, but I'll start with a basic few. Go easy with me I'm just a mere Small bore Silhouette guy. That's why I'm looking for things to do as the Silhouette seasons draws to a close. Done a few Steel Challenges at N.B, love those, great time.

USPSA Rifle
Q: Equipment, Looking at video it seems to be all AR's. I don't have one. I do have an SKS. Is that o.k.? (I know reloads with Stripper-clips) I'm not trying to win, just to have some fun.
Q: Slings Yes or no?
Q: Round Count? ( I need to carry all rounds for stage with me. Am I correct? I don't own tactical gear yet.)
Q: Is there a class for .22LR (10/22 Ruger) So My daughter can try also? She rocked and rolled at Steel Challenge. She can't wait to try something else.[smile]
Q: Is there any type of Practice day at N.B. that would be open to non-members.

Thank you for your help.

Side note the more I look over the New Bedford Calendar the more I think I want to join that club.

An SKS is fine
Slings are not normally needed.
Around 200 rounds should do it, and extra 50 won't hurt.
Ammo must be carried on your person, unless the course of fire states ammo must come from a table, barrel, etc. This is not common with rifle.
Minimum caliber is 5.45 x 39. Rimfire is not permitted, that is for Steel Challenge.
Can't answer about a practice day.

Well now... I was looking through the Calendar section on the R&G of N.B. site and saw the entry for Nov. 24. Sound interesting, looked on Youtube saw some video of previous events.... now I'm very interested.

I have about a million questions, but I'll start with a basic few. Go easy with me I'm just a mere Small bore Silhouette guy. That's why I'm looking for things to do as the Silhouette seasons draws to a close. Done a few Steel Challenges at N.B, love those, great time.

USPSA Rifle
Q: Equipment, Looking at video it seems to be all AR's. I don't have one. I do have an SKS. Is that o.k.? (I know reloads with Stripper-clips) I'm not trying to win, just to have some fun.
Q: Slings Yes or no?
Q: Round Count? ( I need to carry all rounds for stage with me. Am I correct? I don't own tactical gear yet.)
Q: Is there a class for .22LR (10/22 Ruger) So My daughter can try also? She rocked and rolled at Steel Challenge. She can't wait to try something else.[smile]
Q: Is there any type of Practice day at N.B. that would be open to non-members.

Thank you for your help.

Side note the more I look over the New Bedford Calendar the more I think I want to join that club.

I ran SKS once, serious disadvantage on reloads; on the other hand I was able to load 6 rounds only - stage required reload after each cluster of 3 paper targets.
Make sure the stripper clips are smooth and won't hurt your thumb. Fun - it will be there!

Dan and I are shooting Heavy Metal. Cheap .308 is not cheap [laugh]

Ah I see.

I thought about rocking the Garand at one of these, but after doing so well at Harvard, I'll be shooting an AR again, just to see if it was a fluke, or if I am actually somewhat good at something [smile]

Ah I see.

I thought about rocking the Garand at one of these, but after doing so well at Harvard, I'll be shooting an AR again, just to see if it was a fluke, or if I am actually somewhat good at something [smile]

Sean,
Mark isn't going to be at the match this time. That benchmark will be absent. In response to you being good at something, I think you have the makings of a shark. [smile]
You should try a 3 gun match, you'll have a ball. If you need anything, I'm sure something can be dug up.

I rly want to try this shoot but I dont have any gear... all I have is sone ammo and a few preban 20 rounders for my ar...

Thanks forbthe replys this will be my 1st time so im kind of nervous, but I be fine lol...so I see ypu guys there

Look for a black F150 Super Crew (I have been told it is too clean [wink]) I will have 3 30 round mags and a mag holder you can use. I will put them in the truck in the truck tomorrow. If you want to use them, great. If not, no problem.

Look for a black F150 Super Crew (I have been told it is too clean [wink]) I will have 3 30 round mags and a mag holder you can use. I will put them in the truck in the truck tomorrow. If you want to use them, great. If not, no problem.

Lol thanks a lot guys I deff will take you up on the offer... its kind of last minute I was just going t
to watch but wheres the fun in that?

More like are we going to be *able* to see those itty bitty clay birds. [grin]

Florescent orange birds stand out well enough, but it is tough to figure how high to hold over them. My AR shoots one in low at 25 yds, but 2.25 in low at 10 yds with a 50 yd zero. This can make a big difference on a small target.

Florescent orange birds stand out well enough, but it is tough to figure how high to hold over them. My AR shoots one in low at 25 yds, but 2.25 in low at 10 yds with a 50 yd zero. This can make a big difference on a small target.
Or you could "game it", zero 2.25" low at 35 yds which is about the max for this match and your hold would 2.25" from 0 to 35 yds.
David E.

Back
Top Bottom