Venison Jerky...Wow this stuff is great

Well I have a friend has been nagging me to make some jerky with some of the venison I got this year. I ended up making some this week and honestly this stuff kicks ass.

This is the recipe I used

One packet of jerky seasoning
10 oz teriyaki
6 oz soy sauce
6 oz Worcestershire sauce
4 oz liquid smoke
1 1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cans of Pepsi

Marinate it for 48 hours, and dehydrate for 5 to 7 hours @ 140. Then put in paper bag for 24 hours.

I brought some to work thinking I could share it around; well I ended up eating all of it in my cube before anyone else got in.

Mmmmmm. Sounds good. Going to have to give that recipe a try. I am cutting up a doe I got last night. Will be putting some cuts aside.
How much meat would you recommend for the recipe amounts you posted and what jerky spice are you mentioning?
Im not sure I can get that here on Nantucket.

I did about 5 pounds or less and had to sqeeze it into the dehydrator. There are several diffrent jerky spices you can use. Mine came with the dehydrator I bought on amazon it cost 35 bucks.

I did one roast and I think that came out the best.

I had homemade jerky the other day for the first time. It was given as part of a Christmas gift. I have never liked the storebought stuff, so I opened the package thinking I'd try a bite and pitch the rest.

What a surprise! I really liked it!

Back
Top Bottom