venting a little bit

im am 19 and i was just thinking about how you have to 21 to own a gun and get a LTC in MA... makes no sense to me. you can be 18 and buy any rifle or shotgun you want but people feel that young people dont have the right to defend themselves or own a handgun if there not 21... i have been belittled to a can of mace and a CCknife.. it doesnt seem right to me does anyone else feel this way?

P.S. IMO i dont even think you should need a LTC to carry a concealed handgun or a gun license to own a gun... i voted for huckabee also:)

Last edited:
You can also join the the Armed Forces at 17, but still not be able to legally purchase an alcoholic beverage for another 4 years. Sucks huh? You could always move to VT, I believe at 16 you can CCW. No licenses there either.

You can also join the the Armed Forces at 17, but still not be able to legally purchase an alcoholic beverage for another 4 years. Sucks huh? You could always move to VT, I believe at 16 you can CCW. No licenses there either.

i was thinking more like NH or maine because i love striper fishing... no stripers in VT

I generally agree with all the above... part of the problem is fed gun laws block handguns and handgun ammo until one is 21, at least from an FFL.

The biggest thing that evades me is it is somehow OK for 18 year olds to buy rifles and shotguns but they're not trusted with something which is generally less powerrful; eg, most handguns! Whoever invented most of these laws needs to be seriously flogged. Even within the realm of "gun control" they make very little sense. As Nwanner states, the government thinks its perfectly okay for a 17 or 18 year old to die for their country (if needed) but they can't even legally own a handgun... what kind of heinous shit is that? [puke]

I also agree that there really shouldn't be any permit requirement for CCW, etc. VT has been doing this forever and I don't see lots of "blood in the streets" and NDs and the like as a result...

-Mike

The same with CCW on Utah campuses, though I still read some downright appalling editorials and opinions linked on GlockTalk, mentioning the same 'wild west' shootouts and blood in the streets.

Hey... I'm 28 and I STILL can't CCW. At least my CLO doesn't seem to think I should be able to.

But I sure am glad that i can hunt and target shoot though [thinking][angry2]

You would be amazed at how many people are unable to get a CCW that are far older than 19. Take a look at the towns that are Red and Black![sad]

Interestingly, there is no minimum age for a Permit To Carry a Pistol in NH (CCW). And NWanner, one of the hardest things I had to do when I was a bar bouncer in the early 80s was turn away 18-20 year olds in uniform.
Eh, we usually just went to the NCO club on post and as long as you didn't cause trouble they didn't care. It is pretty messed up though, but some of the shadier places would let me in with a Military ID.

Eh, we usually just went to the NCO club on post and as long as you didn't cause trouble they didn't care. It is pretty messed up though, but some of the shadier places would let me in with a Military ID.

Yea, say it out loud! It's okay to go and fight and possably die for rights you don't even have the right by law to enjoy! Same when I was in just worse now thanks to people like the Kennedy's, Kerry's and Clintonions. Oh yea and the Obamians![angry]

I am way past that stage but it still pisses me off to no freeking end!

Back
Top Bottom