VILLAGE SPORTS of Westport, MA has" MOVED"

Village Sports has moved from 590 State Road, Westport, MA
to 737 State Road Westport, MA (the old Bob's Sport Shop building).

It has taken a while but it finally happened. We have had an unexpected problem with the phone/DSL system that will be resolved on Friday
July 2nd, 2010. Normal business operation will resume on Saturday July 3rd, 2010.
Thanks to all our customers for their patience in the transition from our previous location to the new location. I think everyone will be pleased with the renovation to the old building.
Just a quick note please do not park in front of the building, that area is to be HANDICAP PARKING ONLY. Parking for non handicapped persons is on the side of the building, which has been improved and extended for your convience.
We look forward to seeing everybody at the new location.

Gordy

James,

Village Sports first and foremost is a gun shop, as the shop is only a little over 2 months old it is still growing. The owners, Wayne & Mario's goal is customer service. Bob's old motto comes to mind (Large Enough to Serve You Small Enough to Know You). They want to be able to be able to provide whatever you need in the areas of hunting, shooting, police tactical and a limited amount of fishing supplies, if they don't have it they will try to get it for you. Any questions that I can"t answer just give Wayne or Mario a call at Village Sports 508-672-4284 they will be happy to help you.
Gordy

Thanks for stopping by

Just wanted to thank everybody who stopped by for the opening at the new location or is it the grand reopening of a gunshop Iconic location.

VillageSportsBuildingPictures008.jpg

It's always great to see a new shop open up as we have way to few in this neck of the woods.
Finally had a chance to stop by the shop yesterday. Seems like a nice place, staff was very friendly and eager to help, selection is small but for a shop just starting out you can't expect much more, prices seemed very reasonable. I'll definitely be a regular as I live very close by.

Finally got around to going to the shop today with a buddy. Shop is great and has a very good selection of guns, ammo and accessories. They have some nice older guns in their inventory for those who like to look for things that are not your everyday gun. I was able to find a nice Marlin Model 80 dl with peep sites today for a good price. If you are an Ithica shotgun fan and love the bottom eject they also have a nice selection of those at good prices. Well worth taking a ride and I will be a frequent visitor there from now on.

stoped buy today wow they have a great inventory they have glock 22--17--21--27 all priced at 525.00 ea might i say they are in nice shape to i picked one up

Just got the Village Sports Newsletter .

Village Sports Newsletter
Welcome to the Village Sports Newsletter. We will be sending specials, information on sales and events, as well as periodic updates on things we feel might effect you like gun law chanes or changes at the shop. If you have any questions please feel free to call us.

Holiday Specials
Tax FREE Holidays

Dec 18 - 22

We will pay the tax on any purchase made in the shop.

Come join us for our Christmas Party on Dec 22 10 am - 6pm

Thank you from Village Sports. Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Went by on tax day this past year and bought a couple AR's for myself and my brother bought one too. Wayne gave us a great price on everything plus we saved all the tax dollars. Just recently a couple days after the Sandy Hook thing I called Wayne and asked if he had any more MP15's. He said all was gone and he only had one scheduled to come in. I asked if anyone had put a deposit down on it and he said no so I drove down and did so. He told me what the price would be (less than normal retail) and he would call me when it came in. In the next few weeks prices went crazy as we all know and everyone was scrambling trying to by AR types. Wayne called and let me know the MP15 was in. The price was what he told me the day I put the deposit down. It's not very often men are men of their word anymore but Wayne was straight up. I highly recommend anyone to buy at Village. I can tell you their prices are the best around on firearms and the guys are the best to deal with.

The last time I went (a few weeks ago) he was severly understocked.. I asked him if he could get bulk ammo and he just laughed in my face and said with all this craziness your lucky to even get a few boxes. Well I took my business elsewhere and got a great deal on 1000 rounds.

edit: when I went there wasn't any target ammo especially .40 and .223

The last time I went (a few weeks ago) he was severly understocked.. I asked him if he could get bulk ammo and he just laughed in my face and said with all this craziness your lucky to even get a few boxes. Well I took my business elsewhere and got a great deal on 1000 rounds.

edit: when I went there wasn't any target ammo especially .40 and .223

I've got private distributors that deal with me and I still have a lot of trouble getting bulk ammo, let alone being a shop trying to supply the public. Consider yourself lucky if you got a "great deal" on 1000 rounds during these times.

Sorry if what I'm saying here comes off as angry, or offends you, but I get pissed when I keep hearing/reading about people shitting on local shops because they've had to raise prices on guns and ammo or can't supply people with what they want. If people who bitch and moan about gun shops knew what they had to do to get stock from distributors and pay the bills to stay in business, they'd have a better understanding on why some shops have to charge what they do or why they're in the condition they're in today. Not to mention the frustration of having to answer the same questions and phone calls time and time again.

I live right down the street from village, and have never really had a bad experience there. The guys have always been helpful whenever possible, and are always willing to sit around and talk anything gun related when they have the time. I've also been in a few times when they've been slammed and as a small shop only have 2 guys behind the counter, so they can be a little short sometimes. Say what you will, I'll continue to offer them my business as long as they have what I need. If I can't find it there I'll go somewhere else, but with it only 5 minutes down the street I always end up stopping by

I've got private distributors that deal with me and I still have a lot of trouble getting bulk ammo, let alone being a shop trying to supply the public. Consider yourself lucky if you got a "great deal" on 1000 rounds during these times.

Sorry if what I'm saying here comes off as angry, or offends you, but I get pissed when I keep hearing/reading about people shitting on local shops because they've had to raise prices on guns and ammo or can't supply people with what they want. If people who bitch and moan about gun shops knew what they had to do to get stock from distributors and pay the bills to stay in business, they'd have a better understanding on why some shops have to charge what they do or why they're in the condition they're in today. Not to mention the frustration of having to answer the same questions and phone calls time and time again.

Absolutely correct! Owning a small business, which I did for 8 years, is no picnic. Considering what's going on in the firearms related business today, owning a gunshop and keeping customers happy has to be nothing short of brutal.

Absolutely! In the last couple of weeks I've picked up primers, ammunition and shotshells at Village all at fair prices.

I didn't write that review to bash your business in anyway. I wrote it to let people know my personal experience, as a customer I was asking a simple question and in return I was laughed at as if it was a stupid question. I know what it takes to keep a business running my parents have been in business for over 30 years and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. If you took my response the wrong way I apologize but all I was stating was my experience when I came to support a local gun shot and in return got mocked at.

I didn't write that review to bash your business in anyway. I wrote it to let people know my personal experience, as a customer I was asking a simple question and in return I was laughed at as if it was a stupid question. I know what it takes to keep a business running my parents have been in business for over 30 years and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. If you took my response the wrong way I apologize but all I was stating was my experience when I came to support a local gun shot and in return got mocked at.

Village isn't my business. I don't own a shop, I just know the owners well and have always seen them treat people good when I'm in there.

I know they're having a tough time stocking guns, ammo, and accessories and its frustrating.

I like village. There is always this pressure when walking into a gun store for some reason, but that never exists at Village. Just a bunch of average joes selling guns. Their prices were high for awhile, but since they've been able to stock more, the prices have been very reasonable.

I stopped in today to browse and apparently VS is under new ownership. They had lots of inventory, quite a few Glocks and prices weren't crazy. They had a sweet older M1A that I was tempted to take home, a bunch of ARs as well. Tom is the guy I dealt with, real nice and pleasant to talk to. Just from over hearing the conversations the other employees were having with customers, they all seem like good folks.

I ended up getting a great deal on a used pistol that I had been looking for, for quite some time. Check em' out!

Last edited:
I stopped in today to browse and apparently VS is under new ownership. They had lots of inventory, quite a few Glocks and prices weren't crazy. They had a sweet older M1A that I was tempted to take home, a bunch of ARs as well. Tom is the guy I dealt with, real nice and pleasant to talk to. Just from over hearing the conversations the other employees were having with customers, they all seem like good folks.

I ended up getting a great deal on a used pistol that I had been looking for, for quite some time. Check em' out!

Interesting, who bought it out? Are Mario and Wayne both gone?

I was there earlier today and took advantage of there sale and picked up a sig 938, spare mag and grips. Good guys good prices and they were only kidding when they told me to get the F out because I was wearing a hat that had the name of a different gun shop on it. Thanks guys I'll be back. Dave

yes wayne and morio are gone new owner name is paul nice guy also starting nexy week they will be open on sundays and Mondays yes I said sundays and mondays

Back
Top Bottom