walmart sell ammunition online?

I couldn't seem to find it on there website. Just wanted to check there prices because I was just there and the Winchester 50 box of 45 autos was $28. I thought that seemed pretty high. [thinking]

Was it the hollow points? I've only ever seen the 100 packs of FMJ and 50 packs of JHP at Walmart.

Yes, I just looked and they are hollow points. I ended up grabbing them just so I'd have something for now. Should I keep these for home protection? Or just check the other Walmart for the less expensive solid point?

I couldn't seem to find it on there website. Just wanted to check there prices because I was just there and the Winchester 50 box of 45 autos was $28. I thought that seemed pretty high. [thinking]

Doesn't sound right for 50 rounds of ball ammo.

I would bet the 100 round val packs of ball are running $33 or more, though. Blazer Brass is generally a better value, anyways, if the store sells it. ($14.97 last I looked, but it/s probably gone up. )

-Mike

For defensive use, I'd get some real premium defensive ammo. Federal HST tests very well, and it's pretty inexpensive. Other brands I've heard good things about are Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Saber, and Federal Hydrashock.

Ok thanks guys, sounds like I will be heading back to Walmart for a return. Is the Federal HST hollow point? Is there a good place to get it locally?

No returns on ammo in most stores. I'd just shoot it. If your range allows it, fill some plastic bottles with water and shoot them. Laundry detergent jugs work great.

Yes, HST is hollow point. I've bought it at Collectors in Stoneham. Sometimes it can be hard to find, so I'd call around.

Since I stopped into the Walpole Wal-Mart this evening (all prices rounded up to even dollars):

WWB - 9mm $20/100, .45ACP $30/100
Blazer Brass - 9mm $9/50, .45ACP $15/50
Rem Golden Bullet .22LR - $16+/550

So other than the .22LR, the prices are the same as before the election. And the shelves were very well stocked (for a Wal-Mart). No SG clerk to be found, but you can't have everything.

I always have to track down the sporting goods employees at Wal-Mart.

I've got Speer Gold Dots for my 40 cals, M&P/G22. Box of 20 for $26 at The Goose Hummock in Orleans. I don't really like that place, but I needed ammo.

Since I stopped into the Walpole Wal-Mart this evening (all prices rounded up to even dollars):

So other than the .22LR, the prices are the same as before the election. And the shelves were very well stocked (for a Wal-Mart). No SG clerk to be found, but you can't have everything.

Odd. I stopped at WM/Framingham the other day and couldn't buy anything because there was nobody at the counter and a nearby floor clerk couldn't find anyone authorized to sell ammo.

So, having business north of the border, I stopped at WM/Nashua and bought .45 @ $30/100 and .22 @ $16/550. And the clerk not only didn't ask for a drivers license or ltc, he even accepted cash. What IS this New Hampshire place anyway, where they actually trust the citizens?

Thanks LenS :)

+1 to what LenS said as far as the Wally World in Hadley, plus the guy that works the sports dept. counter seems to have it together which is rare in my Wal-Mart experiences.

No returns on ammo in most stores. I'd just shoot it. If your range allows it, fill some plastic bottles with water and shoot them. Laundry detergent jugs work great.

Yes, HST is hollow point. I've bought it at Collectors in Stoneham. Sometimes it can be hard to find, so I'd call around.

I'm looking for some Federal HST +P 45ACP

4Seasons carries the non +P version
Collectors carries the +P version,but $28 a box and no case discounts.

I'm looking for a case and a half of the +P version (1500 rounds) So if anyone knows where locally it can be bought,feel free to advise me.Otherwise I am getting it online for $23 a box,I would rather get it locally.

Last time I bought 100 rd VP of 45 at WW it was $29.87,this was last week.

Last edited:
+1 to what LenS said as far as the Wally World in Hadley, plus the guy that works the sports dept. counter seems to have it together which is rare in my Wal-Mart experiences.

I know which guy you are talking about, I got ammo and chatted with him last week. There was a creepy kid manning the counter for awhile though. Kinda threw me off.

Odd. I stopped at WM/Framingham the other day and couldn't buy anything because there was nobody at the counter and a nearby floor clerk couldn't find anyone authorized to sell ammo.

So, having business north of the border, I stopped at WM/Nashua and bought .45 @ $30/100 and .22 @ $16/550. And the clerk not only didn't ask for a drivers license or ltc, he even accepted cash. What IS this New Hampshire place anyway, where they actually trust the citizens?

The guy at the Walmart didn't ask for my LTC either. I guess thats what you get when you don't hire for any particular department a bunch of people walking around scratching there heads.[hmmm]

The guy at the Walmart didn't ask for my LTC either. I guess thats what you get when you don't hire for any particular department a bunch of people walking around scratching there heads.[hmmm]

Well, I actually purchased in one of the New Hampshire stores. I was basically complimenting NH while mildly poking fun at my present residence....

Back
Top Bottom