Walther PPQ?

if it had a normal mag release (as opposed to being on the heel of the trigger gaurd) i'd be more receptive to it in the 29 days when i apply for an LTC (whos counting?)

I've found that Walther's Mag Release is actually more natural when you get used to it... HK is very close, but I like the longer release that Walther does.

I would like to put my hands on one to see how it feels...but other than that, not much to say as I haven't shot one.

[/thread]

Dislike the polymer walthers?

Two things, the PPQ...I don't see the point of it (the p99 is great)....and I don't like that I don't see a P99 decocker...which means it has the PPS action....which means it doesn't have the amazing AS trigger....which means I'm going to [puke] cause the AS trigger is beautiful....and the pps trigger along with the DOA trigger on the other p99 is terrible IMO.

ehhhhhh

if it had a normal mag release (as opposed to being on the heel of the trigger gaurd) i'd be more receptive to it in the 29 days when i apply for an LTC (whos counting?)

I like the trigger guard mag release, I find it easy to use. It only took about 10 minutes of shooting with my USP for the motion to become natural.

Also, congrats on the upcoming 21st! [cheers]

Looks like a redressed P99 with a Glock Trigger.......I'm all set.

PPQ.jpg

Last edited:

I got used to the mag release real fast. The only time I dislike the trigger guard mag release is when I shooting a gun without one. It takes a second to realize nothing is there.

Meh. I could do without it. It's ugly and doesn't really bring anything to the market that Glock and Springfield Armory haven't already.

every new gun from walther has been a POS Ill pass

New PPK= FAIL
PK380= FAIL
PPS= FAIL I had 2 both broken right out of the box

Note to Walther: Have fun competing against Glocks and XDs.

The gun looks like an HK P3000 and a Glock had sex.

-Mike

Unless it's Mass ok..

I have yet to own a "mass ok" pistol. It really isn't that big of an issue.

yeah, dude. it's just ugly. i don't shoot much, and rarely carry, so i base most of my internet expertise on aesthetics. that's why i carry Para and Taurus 1911s. they just look sooo badass. nothing says "go time" like pulling an over-priced, jamomatic, technologically antiquated piece of crap out of your size 42" elastic waistband jeans like a 1911 does. besides the .45 cal round has infinite stopping power. it's like hitting someone with a flying 40 gal trash can. you hit them in the thumb and they'll spin around like three times and double back flip before they fall down dead.

55, and it's a triple lutz.

yeah, dude. it's just ugly. i don't shoot much, and rarely carry, so i base most of my internet expertise on aesthetics. that's why i carry Para and Taurus 1911s. they just look sooo badass. nothing says "go time" like pulling an over-priced, jamomatic, technologically antiquated piece of crap out of your size 42" elastic waistband jeans like a 1911 does. besides the .45 cal round has infinite stopping power. it's like hitting someone with a flying 40 gal trash can. you hit them in the thumb and they'll spin around like three times and double back flip before they fall down dead.

You don't shoot much and rarely carry? I can't believe anyone on NES would be a non-gun owner that talks about guns, and be rather rotund....hahaha

Well the .45 has magical puppy killing power...not only will it make them fly backwards (like a 12 ga does of course), but it will target the nearest puppy and maim it. Combined with the infinite benchrest hero points for carrying an overpriced, overweight, outdated, and under armed 1911...the .45 is at least 200X more powerful than a 9, which is why they only need 8 rounds to kill 50 people....and 9mm needs 17 to kill a few limbs. Obviously this is pure internet ballistics...which equate fact.

Does anyone know the best place in MA to demo the PPQ? or even take one home? I've read so much at this point, I need to verify the hype for myself.

Thanks,

I thought that all you had to do was be within about two feet of a .45 and the displacement of air as the bullet passes by will scramble their insides and/or brains and kill them instantly?

I had often felt so under-educated about the .45 and 1911, thank you for clearing things up for me.

I own a PPQ in 9mm. Its phenomenal. And is nothing like a glock trigger pull. In fact the only thing in common is the look of it. It's also NOT like the Walther (QA) trigger that was referred to earlier similar to the PPS. Its a new system all together, and until you actually fire one, you have no idea. I will agree its a tad on the ugly side, but the flawless functioning and shooting experience is well worth the aesthetic compromise for a polymer striker fired pistol. I have about 2500 rounds through it, no FTE, FTF, no nothing.. cleaned it initially before the first range trip, and haven't touched it since. Great vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_QhiTa-7OA

Although he makes anything look amazing.

Yeah the p99c is great, I also have one. It's my primary ccw. I think my fondness of the PPQ love is probably a case of 'new gun love'

From having played with one a little, it's got a really nice trigger. At least as far as striker pistols go.

That's all I've got to say one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom