• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ma needs to get walther pdp on roster

100% agreement. Ive had some PDP fanbois in the shop telling me how wonderful the trigger is on their PDP. I take out ANY canik and 30 seconds later they have stopped talking and have a sad look on their face. Occasionally one of them will double down but they can't pull it off for long.

No production striker fired trigger I have found beats the canik. If canik can do that at the price they sell guns, what is everyone else's excuse?
The rival flat trigger is stupid good

The ppq m1 was able to use p99 mags. I had enough p99/sw99 in the safe to not bother with the ppq.

I didn’t buy into the ppq until the m2 came out, but those are my competition guns. Actually, I waited until the q5 came out. To me, the pdp seems to be walther’s way of cutting costs to increase customer base. It’s been a couple years since I looked at them, so can’t remember what I base that on. Just remember that was my thought at the time.

I still prefer my p99’s as carry guns. I like the decocker and double action first shot, and also the ambi mag release.
Everything is subjective but after I fired the P99 years ago that trigger, to me, was light years ahead of every other gun I had ever fired. Are there alot of new guns that can match or are "better" than the P99, to me it's splitting hairs because the P99 was so close to perfection that it's hard to be much better

100% agreement. Ive had some PDP fanbois in the shop telling me how wonderful the trigger is on their PDP. I take out ANY canik and 30 seconds later they have stopped talking and have a sad look on their face. Occasionally one of them will double down but they can't pull it off for long.

No production striker fired trigger I have found beats the canik. If canik can do that at the price they sell guns, what is everyone else's excuse?
I’ll put my Q5’s up to the Canik, but the Canik absolutely has everyone beat at that price point. People ask me about the Walthers and I push them to the Canik. I think after the Q5, Walther has gone downhill.

PDP sucks, it’s got more muzzle flip than a g26 and the trigger is mediocre.

Lol. Go to the gym… the 26 is not bad at all.

Everything is subjective but after I fired the P99 years ago that trigger, to me, was light years ahead of every other gun I had ever fired. Are there alot of new guns that can match or are "better" than the P99, to me it's splitting hairs because the P99 was so close to perfection that it's hard to be much better

Eh’ I had an original p99 from 1996.

hardly shot it.

Trigger was meh at best.

I don’t believe in selling guns in general, but I sold it 3-4 months ago.

Eh’ I had an original p99 from 1996.

hardly shot it.

Trigger was meh at best.

I don’t believe in selling guns in general, but I sold it 3-4 months ago.
The g26 is quite nice shooting. For a small gun, it sure shoots nicer than a PDP. Which is why I’m saying the pdp sucks.

A few possibilities:

1. They don't give a f*ck.
2. They are p*ssies and too afraid of some legal pant sh*tting scenario.

I have to say, I used to get offended by comments like that.

THEN I went to the gym. LOL. 4.5 years ago, I started with a trainer. My gun stability is gone up exponentially.

I may go back to my Fo-Teez. I've got plenty of ammo and the recoil is minimal at this point.

The PPS with paddle release was the finest CCW handgun.

And that's why I have the PPS and the PPS M2. I should get rid of the M2 though, never liked it as much

I think I like the P99c AS better

And that's why I have the PPS and the PPS M2. I should get rid of the M2 though, never liked it as much

I think I like the P99c AS better
Yeah, I got the PPS when I shot a lot of IDPA, it filled a division niche.
Then the Wilsons changed all the division specs. f*** the Wilsons and IDPA!

The PPS is a a terrible carry gun. My P99c is much better. Haven’t changed it in 18(?) years, since I got it. And I bought another as a spare.

I have to say, I used to get offended by comments like that.

THEN I went to the gym. LOL. 4.5 years ago, I started with a trainer. My gun stability is gone up exponentially.

I may go back to my Fo-Teez. I've got plenty of ammo and the recoil is minimal at this point.

Just being my usual funny Self! Lol.

last year a bunch of us got together for the first NES wrist breakers club meeting.

We were on purpose seeking recoil.

Was a blast (no pun intended). It’s a lot of fun.

I have a 3 inch .44 mag for my contribution.

Fundamentally i agree but the reality is a great trigger is only a part of the whole equation. The other problem is most people are terrible shooters. A great trigger will not make them un-terrible. So the advantage is lost on that bottom 60% or more of the market. I think great triggers are really only appreciated by the upper end demo. I am a glock guy but I still want one of those executive elites or whatever they are, i only didn't buy one because I wanted one that was mostly blacked out and all i could find at the time was the weirdball color combos.

Fundamentally i agree but the reality is a great trigger is only a part of the whole equation. The other problem is most people are terrible shooters. A great trigger will not make them un-terrible. So the advantage is lost on that bottom 60% or more of the market. I think great triggers are really only appreciated by the upper end demo. I am a glock guy but I still want one of those executive elites or whatever they are, i only didn't buy one because I wanted one that was mostly blacked out and all i could find at the time was the weirdball color combos.
You want the new Rival-S in blackout. sexy and great trigger.

Back
Top Bottom