walther pps ?

I got a used PPs here in MA. a few months ago.

thought it was a great size for a 9mm for CC

I already have a sig p238. but trying to keep the calibers the same was the thought wave at the time.

the PPS was nice enough to shoot. BUT the slide does not seem to want to slide forward all the way to lock up the barrel. The last 1/2" can be a little sticky.

if i let the slide go slowly forward in a controlled manner, it might not lock up at all!

as this was purchased at a gun store in mass recently, and has a S disconnect, i am unsure if any of the other springs have been changed.

can anyone that has one of these varify if this is "normal"?

thanks

G

I have a PPS in both 9mm and 40, my 9mm has the s connector. like jdgill said, I have never had this issue either. So I would also take it to a gunsmith ASAP. both my PPS have operated flawlessly with various grain count ammo through them.

I got a used PPs here in MA. a few months ago.

thought it was a great size for a 9mm for CC

I already have a sig p238. but trying to keep the calibers the same was the thought wave at the time.

the PPS was nice enough to shoot. BUT the slide does not seem to want to slide forward all the way to lock up the barrel. The last 1/2" can be a little sticky.

if i let the slide go slowly forward in a controlled manner, it might not lock up at all!

as this was purchased at a gun store in mass recently, and has a S disconnect, i am unsure if any of the other springs have been changed.

can anyone that has one of these varify if this is "normal"?

thanks

G

dont ride the slide forward. Let the recoil spring do its job by letting the slide go home. Walter recommends replaceing the recoil spring every like 2k rounds if i recall correctly. If the gun was shot a bunch then get urself a new spring its pretty easy.

your issue is unlikely related to S disconnect.

dont ride the slide forward. Let the recoil spring do its job by letting the slide go home. Walter recommends replaceing the recoil spring every like 2k rounds if i recall correctly. If the gun was shot a bunch then get urself a new spring its pretty easy.

your issue is unlikely related to S disconnect.

This!

My regular carry is a PPS I purchased while in MA and had the H replaced with an S, never had a problem.
Great gun, reliable. The issue is to let the slide "slam" forward--slingshot it. That's what it will do on recoil as designed.
Easing it forward is contrary to it's design.
Just wish extra mags weren't so $$$.

Got the same gun and never a problem. Don't ease the slide forward, let it go like it was designed. Great pistol, very dependable, never fails to fire.

Last edited:
The Walther PPS is outstanding. I couldn't believe a gun that small could be that accurate or take such abuse.
I carry it with full confidence in the summer or when I need a more discreet carry.
Let us know if the issue is fixed by not riding the slide.
Thanks
Zero Hour Arms

thanks guy's.
i "think" that my pps might have had springs changed at some point, but i will get it checked out by a pro.......sometime!
I do like my p238 in these summer days as it really does vanish in a supertuck even in Kmart shorts!
I have forgot that it was there several times!!

i will let u know the outcome

G

How difficult was the conversion from h to s?

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

PITA. i was able to do the swap but the internals are intense. u will need a paperclip or tiny punch.

Back
Top Bottom