Warm weather spring fishing itch 2013

Many of the ponds in MA have been stocked or said to have been. Limited access if there is ice though I would say. Now if only the snow would melt so we can hit the rivers easier, at least that is how it is in north central MA.

Spring cleaning.

39983_129624920415075_1244395_n.jpg

I think you'll like the ultralight rods and reels, at least if your fishing is like ours here. I use an Ugly Stick with a Shimano Quick Cast II Reel and 4 or 6lb Stren line. The fish locally rarely max over 6lbs so the lite/ultralite set-ups make for a great set-up!!

I did see a combo set-up at Dick's (not a shimano reel though) at $25 or $30 line on ready to go.

Best of luck!!!

Love my ultra lights the fight of a good sized rainbow on it, fantasic

I started using them for two reasons the places i was fishing kept getting smaller and more over hung with trees and give a newbie a fly rod and you'll spend the whole day teaching them instead of catching fish......boring. toss a newbie a ultra light and it's pretty much go.

Hell even small brookies are good fun on ulrta lights

Dug my stuff out of the barn today. Taking inventory and seeing what needs to be replaced.

Walmart in Leicester has a bunch of rebel minnows and other lures on clearance for $1.50. Picked up a few thought it was a good deal. Just a heads up

I've been trout fishing the last two Sundays with a group of friends. No ice anywhere. Lots of rainbows, brookies and browns. Build a little campfire, sit back and watch the rods. Love it. Really can't wait til Striper season.

Need to get the Yak pulled out of the basement and then i'm off. Got an informal tournament/get together i'm running on 4/27. Hopefully ice will be out by then.

And I thought I was rushing things this past weekend when I went out!!!! No other foot prints to be seen…. but no poison ivy to speak of either!!

Fitz

Gear was cleaned and organized on first day of spring, now just need to find time to get out. Getting into fly fishing this year, and might even do commercial striper fishing, let the warm weather commence!

Hahaha. Where I live is supposed to get a foot of snow on Wednesday.

You can have it [grin]. Last year when I started this thread I cursed the weather and turned cold again. Someone else can start the 2014. Good luck this season to everyone. Keep the fish pics posted

Yoo Hoo fishing this weekend! going to be in the 50's!!!!!!oh wait did someone say something about a blizzard tomorrow? Just bought a house on a bass pond in Sandwich looking forward to a great summer...Also looking for a cheap bass boat (house has its own private launching ramp!)

Last edited:
Yoo Hoo fishing this weekend! going to be in the 50's!!!!!!oh wait did someone say something about a blizzard tomorrow? Just bought a house on a bass pond in Sandwich looking forward to a great summer...Also looking for a cheap bass boat (house has its own private launching ramp!)

Nice! Allowing access to NES members?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, that would be cool. I would be in to help organize for sure. I may be hitting you up for help with my 1911 build also, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom