Weare, NH - After Action Report

John asked me to post this up here:

DRAGONFLIES ARE FREE

Ninsho ran into time issues with his rented brick saw at home, so he asked me to Shoot Boss this event. I'm glad he did!

This was one of the best Appleseeds I have ever had the pleasure to attend, anywhere. The club, Goffstown Fish & Game, is one of the nicest clubs in the state. Everything is well thought out. The clubhouse, with real bathrooms, was nearby and well-appointed. The target backers came standard. So did the grass. Dragonflies, which are harmless, were everywhere, so there were very few mosquitoes. There were even some huge, Monarch butterflies. It was just, well, sweet.

If "Weare, NH," ever shows up on the Appleseed schedule again, as I'm sure it will, grab it.

The weather both days was ideal, despite dire NOAA warnings of precipitation which never happened. It was sunny and about 70 degrees with a gentle breeze.

We had 5 shooters the first day and three the second. Alas, none shot Rifleman.

Only one shooter, Cindy, stuck it out for both days, and she was shooting within a hair's breath of Rifleman at the end. She cleaned her final Redcoat target. Cindy has all the characteristics of a Rifleman. She is not a quitter. She will be back and earn her patch.

We had two retired LE officers, one a Captain and an instructor. Both were swell guys and contenders, but with only one day to shoot, they did not make Rifleman. The AQT is notoriously non-discriminatory.

Several of the shooters took advantage of our new Rifleman Opportunity Card, buying an RWVA membership which I endorsed so they can shoot Appleseeds free of Appleseed fees until they earn their Rifleman patch.

For the original thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23225.0

Back
Top Bottom