well now walther puts out a PPQ single stack 9mm.

2246757.jpg

2246758.jpg

2246754.jpg

add another to the list of many many single stack 9's

they updated the pps, and it finally has a push button magazine

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/18/walther-announces-new-pps-m2-9mm-subcompact-pistol/

it looks pretty comfortable,

Ya think? Looks a bit "chunky" to me. At least from the side profile. It also looks like it will sit tall in your hands. Then again, I'm biased because I've never really been a fan of Walthers and it's not a Glock. I wonder if it's similar in size to the G43/LC9 or smaller like the Kahr PM9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. Going to be hard to beat the shield. I wonder what the price point is. Im a Glock fan but shield is a no brainer over the 43 in so many ways.

Meh. Going to be hard to beat the shield. I wonder what the price point is. Im a Glock fan but shield is a no brainer over the 43 in so many ways.

Such as???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the pps IMHO is the best conceal carry pistol out there, with very good quality like the old ppk's. I don't understand why Walther would focus on this cheesy ergonomics gimmickry instead of going back and building quality pistols. Carl Walther would be rolling in his grave were it not for the PPS. Have you touched one of those junky PK380's? I don't see how anything pulled off the PPQ and added to the PPS could improve it at all.

They should scrap all these new fangled designs and focus on how to move further in the direction the PPS was already moving. Namely, machining, precision, quality, accuracy, etc.

the pps IMHO is the best conceal carry pistol out there, with very good quality like the old ppk's. I don't understand why Walther would focus on this cheesy ergonomics gimmickry instead of going back and building quality pistols. Carl Walther would be rolling in his grave were it not for the PPS. Have you touched one of those junky PK380's? I don't see how anything pulled off the PPQ and added to the PPS could improve it at all.

They should scrap all these new fangled designs and focus on how to move further in the direction the PPS was already moving. Namely, machining, precision, quality, accuracy, etc.

Whats wrong with the PPQ? Walther needs to stop using Umarex, nothing good seems to come out of there.

Why do they have to make guns so ugly nowadays?

You'd think with the plastics they have now, they could at least make some nice designs.

Compare with these:

26127.jpg
phuppimagegor.jpg

CS9 & G26
CS9G26side-by-side.jpg

acf6f9d.jpg

SigP232002.jpg
P232-Nitron-Detail-hero.jpg

I think with all these baby single stack 9mm pistols, it's a matter of opinion on which fits/shoots best you for individual. I've shot a lot of Shields and recently sold my G43. I have quite a few Glocks, but didn't like how big the Glock hump was on the grip of the 43. The Shield recoil impulse is much softer than the G43, but the Shield is a bit bigger and 2oz heavier. I've shot a XDS9 and XDS45 a bunch. The XDS45 has a ton of thump which I was quite surprised about. The XDS9 was nice, but I just didn't fall in love with it.

Oh, I also have a wheel gun in .357 magnum. It's a Smith and Wesson 649 Bodyguard. It was made prior to the whole Bodyguard line came out so it doesn't look like most people think.
p1060599.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

It's nice because it can be cocked to shoot single action, but the hammer wont snag when drawn. But it's way too thick and heavy and full load .357 is just a hand full with it.

With all that said, I'm looking forward to the PPS M2. I liked the way the PPQ M2 felt, but just never purchased one as I had no purpose for owning one. Maybe this will be my new EDC?

The more I look at it, the more it looks like the old PPS slide on a PK380 lower half. The size of the slide, shape etc. looks like other PPS

It's a beautiful thing that we have so many awesome guns to choose from. To each his own.

euro mag releases are for homosexuals, and homosexual europeans.

Don't knock it till you've tried it - the euro mag release anyway :)

Too many people have dropped their mag during stressful situations. Quick reloads suck with Euro release, but you certainly won't dump the mag by accident.

So start...Capacity, standard sights that come with the gun are better than glock's. It's much easier to shoot and control, typically costs less.

Capacity comes with the downside of a longer grip. Makes it harder to pocket carry. If it doesn't fit in a pocket, there's not much point to a gun that size.

I don't believe the sights are better. They both suck.

Don't knock it till you've tried it - the euro mag release anyway :)

Too many people have dropped their mag during stressful situations. Quick reloads suck with Euro release, but you certainly won't dump the mag by accident.

Just when I was feeling a little butthurt you come by and make me feel better. [smile]

No I'm not a pickle smoocher, I don't like the mag release and I don't own any plastic guns.

Back
Top Bottom