well now walther puts out a PPQ single stack 9mm.

Meh. Going to be hard to beat the shield. I wonder what the price point is. Im a Glock fan but shield is a no brainer over the 43 in so many ways.

I don't get why price point even matters on a lifesaving device, we're not talking about a $500 swing here. It's a couple hundred bucks either way at most. Even the guns at the high end of the price spectrum aren't more than like 650-700 bucks or so (like a black Kahr PM9 with the night sights etc.)

Maybe its me but quibbling about a price swing thats like the cost of a case of ammo isn't even worth getting embroiled in.

-Mike

I was all set to buy a shield until I tried one. I was a little disappointed in the way it fired and the build quality. Just my opinion. But I've read good on the pps as well so I'd like to give it a try.

Does anyone know if the recent MA PPSs are shipping with S connector (good trigger)? Seems like the horrible MA triggers are from guns sold a few years back.

Does anyone know if the recent MA PPSs are shipping with S connector (good trigger)? Seems like the horrible MA triggers are from guns sold a few years back.

Unless the dealer is rugsweeping (not giving a shit about CMR940) probably not.

-Mike

Unless the dealer is rugsweeping (not giving a shit about CMR940) probably not.

-Mike

Does CMR940 specifically say the trigger has to be 10 lbs? Cause then how does the VP9 get sold here? I'm thinking Walther interpreted the AG's nonsense as requiring a 10 lb trigger, so they put one in. Then later stopped when they realized it wasn't needed.

Seems to be getting great reviews. Could be the carry gun to go with my newly unrestricted license! I like the Glock 42 also, which would make pocket carry an option.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Now I want to see a comparison of the PPS/PPQ/SR9/RugerAmerican/Glock/M&P all side by side; then see how they stack up against a S&W 39, Ruger P-89, maybe throw in an H&K. Would make for a fun range day comparing them all.

Is it less complicated at a detail strip level? One of the reasons I hate the PPS is no human being is getting that gun apart quickly. Hell I could probably detail strip an entire HK USP or a Sig faster than a PPS. The PPS is such a pain in the ass that gunsmiths basically tell you to **** off whenever you bring them one because they don't want to sink that kinda time into it. (or lose a part that they can't get a replacement for. )

Has walther gotten less ****y about parts since they parted ways with S&W? S&W used to be fags about it and wouldn't send people S connectors, etc.

-Mike

So where is the PPS M2? Is it selling yet? Wonder if its gonna be as good as XDS 9 mm. PPS I had with non-MA trigger was having FTF issues all the time. Go figure. XDS is a champ though, very reliable. And more accurate, too.

I find the grip on the PPS really thin, not sure it's comfortable in my hands. Does anyone know of similar guns with a bit thicker grip - are the Glocks (42/43) a bit thicker?

Also found the trigger on the PPS really short, like it hardly moves and then it goes, maybe 6-7 lbs (definitely not 12-15 lbs). Didn't mind the weight but the short travel seems odd. It feels just like a PPQ .22, which I didn't like so much either. I think I prefered the Ruger LC9's trigger, but that one also has a tiny grip, and didn't like the cheapo safety.

Back
Top Bottom