West Springfield Gun Show Oct 29th 30th?

It's a matter of opinion on how good it is, but if I lived as close as you do and knew the "back streets" where I could avoid the $5 (if it hasn't gone up) extortion parking fee, I'd plan on attending.

It's a matter of opinion on how good it is, but if I lived as close as you do and knew the "back streets" where I could avoid the $5 (if it hasn't gone up) extortion parking fee, I'd plan on attending.

well there are plenty of store parking lots that are close to the Big E that obviously wont charge for parking but you may have to walk a bit. This will be the first one that I will go to with firearm permit. should be fun.

I pass on this one, this show has gone seriously downhill in the last few yrs. Exorbitant table prices for the dealer, excessive admission, parking fees and the crap they call food makes this show a "no go" for me. A lot of the gun dealers dont go anymore so the promoters have turned this show into a very expensive flea market by allowing about anything to be sold there to get a body to buy a table.

it was a dump the last time I went. Pete's had the only remotely decent area set up, rest of it was a dive. Are there any other shows around that are decent this time of year?

Dom

After going to the Marlboro show, I wont even waste my time at this one anymore. The deals kinda suck if there are any and the ammo tent sucks more.

What would make it better is if they allowed ammo in the building, then maybe it would attract more dealers.

I am probably going to go on Saturday morning. I am drawing up a list of small items I need for the winter season.

There is a lot of criticism about the location but it is what it is. The Eastern States Exposition is commercial concern that has to make money (although it advertises itself as a not-for-profit agricultural, educational institution) and they charge parking for every show there. The ammo tent is most likely due to building restrictions (no live ammo allowed inside) but it honestly is not that big of a deal. It is probably the only sizeable venue for the show in the local area that is willing to host a gun show.

I am not aware of any gun close close by to the east or anywhere west of us in the state, so that is why many of us go.

But, I suppose a better answer is to bow to pressure and for all of us to boycott the show and cause it to fold and then we might not have any place to go in Western Mass and we could all drive to Marlboro.

NOT! [smile]

I am working this darn show again! I have to say it is the slowest and most expensive for dealers to attend. Only Marlboro costs more. $50 for electricity !!!!!

This used to be a great show, now its 1/3 of its size. Its is a good show for AR parts and some AK parts as well. If I see anything that looks like a great deal I will let folks know........unless I want it. Then it will be my birthday gift to myself.

My suggestion, eat someplace outside of the Big E,( my suggestion Hooters) the food is awful and VERY expensive.

Last edited:
Who do you work with? I'll be sure to stop by.

I am working this darn show again! I have to say it is the slowest and most expensive for dealers to attend. Only Marlboro cots more. $50 for electricity !!!!!

This used to be a great show, now its 1/3 of its size. Its is a good show for AR parts and some AK parts as well. If I see anything that looks like a great deal I will let folks know........unless I want it. Then it will be my birthday gift to myself.

My suggestion, eat someplace outside of the Big E, the food is awful and VERY expensive.

it was a dump the last time I went. Pete's had the only remotely decent area set up, rest of it was a dive. Are there any other shows around that are decent this time of year?

Dom

I dont know when you went last but I went about 3-4 years ago and it was a 95% junk and 5% over priced stuff I could get anywhere If you have been there after that it must have really been bad

I am working this darn show again! I have to say it is the slowest and most expensive for dealers to attend. Only Marlboro cots more. $50 for electricity !!!!!

My suggestion, eat someplace outside of the Big E, the food is awful and VERY expensive.

What day are you working? I'll be there Sat and stop by and say hi if your around.

As to food, what kind are you looking for?

I found the Ithaca 37 I had been looking for at the Big E at a decent price. That said, if I don't have a shopping list or aren't volunteering at a booth, I usually skip it.

I am probably going to go on Saturday morning. I am drawing up a list of small items I need for the winter season.

There is a lot of criticism about the location but it is what it is. The Eastern States Exposition is commercial concern that has to make money (although it advertises itself as a not-for-profit agricultural, educational institution) and they charge parking for every show there. The ammo tent is most likely due to building restrictions (no live ammo allowed inside) but it honestly is not that big of a deal. It is probably the only sizeable venue for the show in the local area that is willing to host a gun show.

I am not aware of any gun close close by to the east or anywhere west of us in the state, so that is why many of us go.

But, I suppose a better answer is to bow to pressure and for all of us to boycott the show and cause it to fold and then we might not have any place to go in Western Mass and we could all drive to Marlboro.

NOT! [smile]

I agree Frosty. We usually go, but right now family is taking precedence so we will not be there. If you guys want a good place to eat near the show, go to century buffet in the century plaza not far fro the Big E. Good food.

I agree Frosty. We usually go, but right now family is taking precedence so we will not be there. If you guys want a good place to eat near the show, go to century buffet in the century plaza not far fro the Big E. Good food.

Mrs WW is right, this place has some very good eats.

Sherluk is usually there with AR parts, prices aren't bad either. We have bought alot from them. Good people to deal with.

Yup again. I've bought from them as well.

Regrettably this is the only show that I've ever seen them at in MA.

I'm going. A show is a show, good or bad, expensive or cheap. You never know what you'll find.

When you going, Ray? I'm still on the fence, but if I make it when your there, I'll look for a dude with his hat on blackwards. Maybe you can help me locate something Russian.

I'll be going and plan on getting there early. I'm looking for a SKS or other C&R stuff. I use a wheelchair so if you see a guy in a wheelchair (its an ultralight made of titanium (TiLite)) that would be me.

Sherluk is usually there with AR parts, prices aren't bad either. We have bought alot from them. Good people to deal with.

I'll check em out. i'm going early sat morning. I need something shiny to put a sling on my AR, maybe some ammo, and who knows what else. I usually do a lot of business with keystone.

Im gonna swing by saturday morning I believe.

If you guys want good food here is a list:

White Hut (diner breakfast, burgers, dogs, fries) all amazing... Right on memorial and across the street from

Century Buffet

Hooters is around the corner on riverdale rd

If you guys want a good breakfast spot there is Memo's and another up the street Partners restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom