West Springfield Gun Show Oct 29th 30th?

Probably going Saturday. Was not able to make the last Marlboro show.

You never know what you can find..... I've found a few good deals in the past, so it's worth a couple of hours

Weekend Weather Alert!

For those who plan on going to the show, I suggest you go Saturday. It looks like a fairly large storm (especially for this time of year) is moving in Saturday night. Could be very messy on Sunday. Now YOU may be able to drive safely in such weather, but think about those who are "sharing" the road with you.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a weatherman nor do I play one on TV. However I do dispense free weather advice on the internet. [wink]

$10 each + $5 parking.

There are $1 discount coupons on their website and I've heard that they are also in the local newspapers.

Seeing as it's only 25 minutes away and I have nothing better to do I just may be 'that guy' that brings his 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter ;) We all have never been to a gun show! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If anyone sees things like ak building tools or flats please let me know, also any UZI receivers or build parts or PSL build parts please make a mental note where they are.

Or if anyone wants to spring for stuff for me pm me prices and i can pay you back just in case we can't make it tomorrow

My son and I just got back from the show and as usual it was a mix. I could not find most of what I wanted/needed. There used to be a vendor with all sorts of Don HUme holsters, did not see him. Not a whole lot in the way of cleaning supplies either. But I did find a nice OD ballcap from the guys at Gadsden&Culpeper (www.gadsdenabdculpeper.com) with a subdued American Flag patch and Molon Labe strip, both on velcro, for $15. My son bought a Russian Navy (?) winter hat for a gift for a friend from the Russian guy. Sadlak Industries had a small table with M14/M1A parts. Got a wrench for holding the gas tube steady when removing the gas cylinder plug. Sadlak is coming out with some new parts and he hopes to have them at the December show. I think one is a national match operating rod spring while the other is a nitrided (?) gas piston. Hopefully I got that right. Also picked up a forward vertical grip that has a spring-loaded bipod inside. This from (I think) Sherluk. Almost picked up an old copy of McBride's "A Rifleman Went to War" but almost choked when I saw it was $175!. I want to read it but not that badly.

The ammo tent was pretty full. Prices looked a bit high, but I am not really all that up-to-date on ammo prices so take that for what it's worth.

Also has the pleasure of meeting SksRay and abuddy of his (sorry Ray, forgot his name). Spent a couple of minutes talking about prices and what we had seen so far.

We then ate at White Hut on the way out of town. Food was good and you if haven't visited there you have to try it. The ordering process is a bit out of the ordinary but it works.

Overall I am glad that we went but a little disappointed that I could not find some of the things I wanted. But I will be going back for the next show to see what Sadlak brings with them. That's Dec 10-11.

Almost picked up an old copy of McBride's "A Rifleman Went to War" but almost choked when I saw it was $175!. I want to read it but not that badly.
I can't understand the '$30 and up' prices for average ho-hum books; espespecially when you can find them for $15 on Amazon or Ebay. Sometimes book prices really shock me.

I went and picked up some average priced .40 jhp and 9mm fmj. Not average if you count admission and parking. Seemed to be more rifles than anything. Next time I'll go without the stroller.. it would be easier to browse.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

As a sidenote, there was a dog show at the BigE also today. As my son and I were leaving we came across a lady who had two cute little black puppies in a little collapsible pen, getting them some air and a potty break. She called the "skipperkeys" and told me they were from Belgium. They were VERY cute and friendly and according to her, great pets. Here is a reference for them along with the correct spelling:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/schipperke.htm

Also has the pleasure of meeting SksRay and abuddy of his (sorry Ray, forgot his name). Spent a couple of minutes talking about prices and what we had seen so far.

Nice to meet you too.

I thought the show was ok, not as good as Marlboro but there are deals to be had if you know what you're looking for. Saw a Ruger Mk1 pistol for $179, an a few milsurps for good/fair prices. This show had some oddball stuff you don't see everyday. Terry Goode's table didn't disapoint. A Johnson semi auto, two Galils (one in .308 and the other in .223) complete with IMI boxes and all, and a Feather 22 with some tactical goodies on it for $345. Prices on the Johnson and Galils were way outa my range $4,000 for the .308 Galil but damn was it nice looking!

There were also some German goodies there. Plenty of K98s both originals and Russian reworks. Prices on those ranged from $400 to $800 average. Also saw a few K43s and a G43. One K43 was $1500.

Ammo guys were greedy. Happens when they're the only vendor and they can get whatever they want for prices with no competition. I saw lots of stuff marked out and priced higher no doubt for this show.

I ended up finding 2 mags for my Ruger PC4, got a Russian Navy Ushanka for $20 and tried to get the Russian vendor to budge on some blue/white striped "Boris shirts" as I call em' but he wouldn't come down in price. I also picked up a newer style Bulgarian AK bayonet for $40, and 2 containers of Shockwave targets.[devil]

Oh, and for those wondering there were no AK parts or kits at all. In fact the only parts kit I saw was a Sten kit along the back wall for cheap money.

There were also some German goodies there. Plenty of K98s both originals and Russian reworks. Prices on those ranged from $400 to $800 average. Also saw a few K43s and a G43. One K43 was $1500.

I ended up not making it. That is interested that they had a few k/g 43's. The $1500 tag was not out of the question. Thats actually a descent price. I am kinda of glad I didnt go now or I am sure one of them would have came home with me and I would be in a pinch to shell out that kind of cash right now [rofl] Did you see any p38's, Ray?

There were a ton of Lugers and other German handguns for very fair prices.

Good show for me getting accessories. Finally scored mags for my Ruger PC4.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

DAMN! I missed that one. If I had seen it, it just might have followed me home. Do you recall who had it?

Can't say for sure but it was a dealer with quite a few of the average style flat glass lid cases. I'd say when you first walk in it was slightly off to the left and half way up the aisle around the middle where there is a walk way.

Can't say for sure but it was a dealer with quite a few of the average style flat glass lid cases. I'd say when you first walk in it was slightly off to the left and half way up the aisle around the middle where there is a walk way.

Thanks, I'll have to think about this.

i drooled over the Galils.... B A D - A S S
I did not find a lot of the AR stuff i had hoped to, but i got the stuff to use my new vtac sling, some connectors and trigger springs for my glocks.
i saw a SOG folder i really wanted, but it was a little too much $$. The selection of holsters was good. But, for springfield, i was a little disappointed.

and i got sic of driving. [grin]

I did pretty good. Got a 50cal ammo box, 2 rifle bags from a guy that makes them in PA. One of the rifle bags was for this: IMAG0026.jpg
Its a Stevens 87A 22LR for $85 bought with my C&R FFL. Its in great shape, excellent bore, 90% blueing. Ammo I got 2 bricks of 22lr and one 9mm box of 50.

Sorry for the bad picture, its a little blurry.

Best part of the show for me....................it was closed Sunday so I could pack up and get out of there. My hotel lost power at 7 p.m. Picked up an all matching Spanish Mauser chambered in 308 for $125 .Going to convert it to 7.62x39. Article is located in Surplus rifles.com.

Prices were high, some stuff was nice as Ray said but 4K is out of my range...well for that anyway.

Hooked up Ray with a Romy AK sling, a AK cleaning rod and gave his buddy a AK side mount. So my NES buddies once again fared well.

Back
Top Bottom