West Springfield Gun Show Oct 29th 30th?

Best part of the show for me....................it was closed Sunday so I could pack up and get out of there. My hotel lost power at 7 p.m.

Hooked up Ray with a Romy AK sling, a AK cleaning rod and gave his buddy a AK side mount. So my NES buddies once again fared well.

Tried to stop by and introduce myself but everytime I went by, you guys were very busy. Hope you had a good business day.

I did pretty good. Got a 50cal ammo box, 2 rifle bags from a guy that makes them in PA. One of the rifle bags was for this:View attachment 21713
Its a Stevens 87A 22LR for $85 bought with my C&R FFL. Its in great shape, excellent bore, 90% blueing. Ammo I got 2 bricks of 22lr and one 9mm box of 50.

Sorry for the bad picture, its a little blurry.
Nice buy on the 87A. I bought one 50 yrs ago, used. Still have it and it still looks and shoots perfect. Great guns. It will shoot shorts and longs also as a bolt action. Only semi auto with LR.

I set out to get a bolt action .22 rifle. Ended up getting two.

Got a Winchester Model 67 single shot in very nice shape for 95$, and a CZ 452 for 300$.
Can't wait to try them!

I also got a 50cal ammo box, which I really wanted.

Dec 10 and 11 Big E Gun Show

Did not see anything about this show. My son and I went this morning and it was rather sparse. IIRC the Dec show always seems to be very small. Didn't find much I wanted but I did by a recoil spring guide for my M1A from the Sadlak rep.

The best thing about the show was that my son got to speak with Russell Gackenbach, navigator on the "Necessary Evil" B29 camera ship over Hiroshima. Saw one of the two personal pics he took of the bomb's mushroom cloud. My son had several minutes with him and seemed quite impressed. As we were leaving a guy who was standing nearby came over and shook my son's hand. He was Gackenbach's son-in-law and thanked my son for showing some interest. Also said that his father-in-law really enjoyed speaking to young people.

Gackenback also flew on the "Enola Gay" on August 9th as the weather bird over Kotura which was, again IIRC, the main target that day.

Some info here: http://www.enolagay509th.com/news/gacky2.pdf

Back
Top Bottom